You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

Performance @ PrePartyES

The high notes are still a no-go. Other than that, the rest are decent.
The rest is as simple as it can get, just some low and slow verses. These long notes make up for the contrast, but if you fail them like this it's just not a good performance vocally.

nofuxCZ

Interesting story on lakemalawi's instagram now (sorry in case I just discovered America and this has already been public knowledge) - We are Domi and Lake Malawi have been in touch since last March, Lights off got written during a writing camp attended by both these groups, and there is a Lake Malawi feat. We are Domi collab song coming out on Friday :)

And here it is ^^

nofuxCZ

I know that there aren't that many 'traditional' artists here but maybe thanks to the Eurovision NF some of the few that exist could at least get some exposure. Since the broadcaster is the national TV, this could be considered as part of their program to promote our culture or something :D

Coming back to this older message re: traditional music. Vesna revealed in interview for Novinky that they are preparing a song for ESC 2023 with traditional slavic folklore motives :)

Vesna is also preparing a song for Eurovision this year in cooperation with Production Lovers, in which she would like to present Slavic folklore in an unexpected form. She is looking forward to working with the production team consisting of Michal Jiráně, Adam Albrecht and Šimon Martínek.

"We have been waiting for two or three years to meet a producer who would be able to grasp our vision 100%. Then we met the guys from Production Lovers and absolutely fell in love with them," says Fuxová.

Slabsson79

And here it is ^^

Good news really. Actually, I hope we will see some changes in the format in ESC 2023 in Czech Rep.
I am kinda confused about the ebb int ESCZ 2022 FB group....not really inviting this type of communication.

More bands, more transparency, LIVE show....there is a lot to do in Czechia :)

escEndre

We have had the great pleasure to talk with DOMI, and what a wonderful band they are!! :-D xheart

Check out the interview with Dominika, Benjamin and Casper here!

Subscribe to our YouTube-channel for the latest interviews with the Eurovision-contestants! xheart

DanielLuis

The Eurovision broadcast is being moved to CT2 this year. How bad are these news when it comes to the Czech Republic's participation in future contests?

nofuxCZ

The Eurovision broadcast is being moved to CT2 this year. How bad are these news when it comes to the Czech Republic's participation in future contests?

It certainly isn't anything good. It's the first time ever since our 2007 debut that the ESC final won't be aired on the main channel. The ratings will be even worse then... they can't be bothered with any communication to Czech ESC fans on FB, no promo whatsoever. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...

DanielLuis

It certainly isn't anything good. It's the first time ever since our 2007 debut that the ESC final won't be aired on the main channel. The ratings will be even worse then... they can't be bothered with any communication to Czech ESC fans on FB, no promo whatsoever. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes...
That's awful, it would be a shame for CT to go back in time now that the contest is growing so much in both popularity and credibility across the continent again.
Will there be a change of the directors/executives of the broadcaster before next year? I guess that would be the only way for you guys to stay next year, either that or We Are Domi getting a great result in may.

HayashiM

Veteran
That's awful, it would be a shame for CT to go back in time now that the contest is growing so much in both popularity and credibility across the continent again.
Will there be a change of the directors/executives of the broadcaster before next year? I guess that would be the only way for you guys to stay next year, either that or We Are Domi getting a great result in may.
Actually, if my info is correct, it's the other way round, the current director and executives are the main reason we are still in (in fact it's partially the director to whom we owe our return in the first place iirc) - they were under big fire under our former government, while things could be possibly safer now.

I would like to remain optimistic. There's no world championship ice-hockey match :cz: would be playing in in parallel to the ESC finals, and I find that alone a lot more meaningful than the ČT1-ČT2 difference ;)

Slabsson79

We Are Domi performed Lights Off in a stripped down acoustic version

Very enjoyable and nice indeed.
Kinda funny that it is being broadcasted in a show of a private TV--network and not ČT.
Does ČT promote the song at all? The guy(s) who are operating the ESCZ 2022 FB-account seem to be on a long holiday or sabbatical.

Milos-BC

In the beginning, I was somewhat indifferent towards the song, but now I definitely like it. I would love to see :cz: qualifying.

6 points.

honzak11

I've started noticing interesting individuals in the Czech delegation team who are involved in Eurovision this year for We Are Domi's performance. I've not heard of them before, but maybe some fellow Czechs will know more about them.

The clothing was takes care of by Jan Cerny. I can't quite tell what is on the photo he shared on his instagram story today though :D. The stage is most likely under the control of Matyas Vodra, who (among other things) worked on the "stage" of the ESCZ National Final.

Jan Cerny:
Matyas Vodra (ESCZ stage)
Matyas Vodra (past project - Feb 2022)
Matyas Vodra (past project - Oct 2021)

Last edited:

Rocket man

Who knew that literally turning off all the lights for a few seconds would be such an epic decision for staging. And Dominika sounds fantastic. Great rehearsal clip from the Czech Republic.

Top Bottom