You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
I really don't understand why people are hating By Now so much. It's one of the songs I see with a chance of taking the Czech Republic back to the final. The jury would love that for sure.

I love it, the boy's voice is amazing omg

HayashiM

Veteran
I really don't understand why people are hating By Now so much. It's one of the songs I see with a chance of taking the Czech Republic back to the final. The jury would love that for sure.
I don't think so, maybe if we sufficiently slap those thieves with our shoes...

KjrgqKA.jpg

Czech Republic looking around, wondering where has its qualification gone again

I enjoy By Now a lot, I am just not sure if it's the best option we have.

nofuxCZ

So I couldn't decide so voted for We Are Domi (5 votes), Giudi (3 votes) and Skywalker (2 votes) :')

Fun fact: Dominika from We Are Domi took part in Czechoslovakia's Got Talent 2010 - so here's 15 years old Dominika and her audition :mrgreen:

Slabsson79

I don't think so, maybe if we sufficiently slap those thieves with our shoes...

KjrgqKA.jpg

Czech Republic looking around, wondering where has its qualification gone again

I enjoy By Now a lot, I am just not sure if it's the best option we have.
It is NOT the best option. But I would not compare Hope never dies and By now. Yes, both are duets, but still different. I wish I knew 1000%, what IS our best option...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Got round to listening to the NF line up

I died and was reborn [10] 🙌 🥺 🔥 🥵
-

These are great, love them [8-9] 🌟
Elis Mraz - Imma Be - 9
We are Domi - Lights off - 8

Average, kinda like them [6-7] 🙂
Skywalker - Way Down - 7
Annabelle - Runnin' out of f* time - 7

Eh. Not good, not awful [4-5] 😶
The Valentines - Stay or Go - 4
Jordan Haj & Emma Smetana - By Now - 4
Giudi - Jezinky - 4

Bad, simple as [3-2] 😒
-

Tragic mess [1] 🤢
-

Ok, same as Albania nothing got a 10 because nothing got me hyped enough, however it's a really good selection overall. Nothing is straight up awful, although 3 really didn't do much for me. Jezinky seems the type of song that gets the esc alt fans laid out on the floor sweating and overcome with emotion but tbh it does absolutely nothing for me, I find it forgettable and boring, and almost ranked it lower. However I don't think its bad, I can see why some of you like it. The Valentines and the duet are just fillers - not bad, just there but don't leave an impression either way. Skywalker and Annabelle both missed something for me, Annabelle especially lacked energy imo. Also I don't see the point of the fuckin' or frickin' whatever it is. Idc about swearing in songs, but it seems unnecessary here. The Satanic voices coming towards the end of Skywalkers song really puts me off but the song, like Annabelle is still very good and has pontential. I'd listen to both just fine. Imma Be and Lights Off were clear front runners for me, I'll vote for either one of them 2. Providing you don't make a dud choice or shit on it with a possible revamp, then you've got a promising line up for sure.

goncalovieira

We Are Domi are my front runners from this selection!
Amazing vibe!
About Giudi's song... it does not feel empty for you?

hijirio

Veteran
We are Domi - Lights off 9/10

People really underestimate the power of EDM in Eurovision. With a cool light show, this can be elevated to a whole 'nother level.
And her voice is actually really good? I actually prefer live to the studio version by miles.
The only negative aspect to mention is that, I feel like I heard this song many times before in different shapes. But it doesn't really matter as this is a good example of the genre it represents.

Elis Mraz - Imma Be 9/10

Now this is a very fresh and respectable attempt from Elis. I crave to have this genre in Eurovision, even though maybe it's a bit too American to appeal to a wide audience in Europe.
You could hear this on the radio in the US, Sweden, Italy, Morocco.... However, the song lacks a strong hook to make it sound like BOOM, THIS IS THE WINNER OF EVERYTHING!, which is a shame as the style is very slick here, I wish the substance was astounding to the same extent.

Giudi - Jezinky - 4/10

I can really see what you like in this but this is a textbook example of 'style over substance'. I see what she is trying to do here, and I respect, but it sounds like the complicated songs that people pretend to be vibing with as it makes them look cool. :D :D :D
When I first heard this in studio version, I thought this could go somewhere with an impressive staging. However, the whole thing on live-on-tape performance looks 'too much', I think an average viewer will be very distracted and confused with everything's that going on here. Her style is unique and I personally like it but I think at the same time it makes her look very inaccessible and unrelatable.
I admit that it's a very risky attempt, but it's so easy to screw it up with this and end up at the bottom of the semi a la 'Paenda - Limits'. I can see some people 'liking' it and some people 'hating' it, but I don't see a massive number of people picking up their phone to vote for this like there's no tomorrow.

Sin comentarios -/10: (These ones didn't make me feel anything in particular, neither positive nor negative. So I refrain from rating them.)
The Valentines - Stay or Go
Jordan Haj & Emma Smetana - By Now
Skywalker - Way Down
Annabelle - Runnin' out of f* time

Huwchie

Giudu is a feeling . An emotion. A moment.

Czech Republic need to send this to eurovision. I enjoy the other songs but Jezinky is original and has so much replay value and potential for amazing staging ! What a serve

hijirio

Veteran
I'm actually digging hard the Czech NF. They have been following a quality over quantity based approach and it seems to work imho.
So much diversity and everything seems very planned thoroughly despite low budget.
I think they have the porential to be a powerhouse with bigger budget and more interest from the public.

HayashiM

Veteran

Two really famous Czech names who actually know their Eurovision shit? I am impresed, and touched. If you understand Czech and have the time, definitely go watch the video, I believe it's really sweet.

- the song was written when they got trapped on Bali last year, and is meant to be a tribute to all nomads who feel out of place where they were born, resign on "prescribed" life ambitions like corporate careers, and instead travel half the world trying to find inner peace. It is a letter from someone from the past to one such nomad girl in the present, asking her if she found what she was looking for.
- "we really like the entire selection and will be happy with whomever wins to represent us, the people responsible for our selection have a great taste"

-"what is your favourite ESC song?" (10:35 in the video)
J-"Soldi. Mahmood was a love on first sight"
E-"César Sampson... very unoriginal mix of everything that works so great in the end"
E-"Bilal Hassani - Roi. Pure French pop"
E&J-"1944 was also brilliant"
J-"and l'Oiseau et l'Enfant from Mireille Mathieu..."
J-"and whatever Slovenia sends, they always send so good indie and/or intimate songs! I listen to two of them every week (starts singing Here for You and Sebi)... these are so good! I wish they were on my album!"
E-"and Mercy!" (starts singing it as well)

Compared to everyone else's answers mentionning the usual suspects (Lordi, Rybak, Loreen and Maneskin)... This made me really happy :)

mauve

Veteran
Lights Off is the only song that really gets me within this section. There are some good songs like Way down or
Runnin’ Out Of Freakin’ Time, but they are too basic. And with Jezinky Giudi is trying something different, but it sounds a bit boring to me. So ... We are Domi it is for me! xheart

MooseShoes

But I'd made my mind - I voted for Giudi and I really hope we send her, she is the risk worth taking.

Now let's watch her pull a Conan :D
My first reaction to Giudi was that it could well be the Czech Telemóveis, as far as results go.

However, my (unsolicited) advice would be this: forget the dancers and go all out for some incredible vocalists. If it's just her plus pre-recorded vocals it'll hold people's attention for about 30 seconds. If it's live harmonies (plus backing if necessary), they could make something special out of a song that doesn't really go anywhere in the studio version.

I'm sure the Czechs could stage it well; the staging for two very different songs in 2018 and 2019 was excellent.

Long story short, I think it might be worth the risk and I may end up voting for this. It's difficult, though, as this is another fantastic selection! xlove

Slabsson79

:12::10::8::6::4::2::0:
:6::5::4::3::2::1::0:
:6::5::4::3::2::1::0:

So, we have three set of marks.
The jury set = 50%
The foreign public set = 25%
Czech viewers set = 25%

What are your guesses? Will there be huge disproportions between these three?
Who will snatch the ticket to Torino in the end? :cool::p

EscGeek

Veteran
I've checked Annabelle's other songs and just as i suspected, she's amazing and i love her.xlove
Especially this one xmusic

I've also found this masterpice by Olga Lounova & Elis Mraz. You can't tell me this doesn't sound like my #1 or #2 in Melfest or MGP by some dansband. xheat xyaaay

PS. Lately I've also been thinking how much I love Čis T's rap interlude in "Wanna Be Like"... It's on the same level as Jala Brat, Jenny B & Flo Rida.

Slabsson79

1. Jury vote predictions
:12:Giudi
:10:We are domi
:8:Jordan&Emma
:6:Elis
:4:The Valentines
:2:Annabelle
:0:Skywalker

2. Public vote - Foreign - predictions
:6:Giudi
:5:We are Domi