The songs that caught my attention:
Ellis Mraz
Jordan/Emma

The songs I remember vaguely after 20 min
Annabelle
The Valentines

The songs I forgot:
All the rest

I don't get so much what people love about Jezinky though. I haven't decided yet if I find it deadly boring or utterly annoying.

Huwchie

12pts for Giudi … haunting , artistic , polarising!

I think it’s gonna all depend on the live on tape videos. I really enjoy Annabelle too but not sure if she can pull off a clean vocal live with the energy of the song

Mrm

Veteran
I listened to all Ccezh entries, and based on studio versions none is below 6/10 for me!
I love 4 of them!!

1. Elis Mraz – “Imma Be” 10/10 – this is so current, love it, it is too American maybe, but we used to that with CZE already.. :D I hope she wins.. xyaaay xheart
2. Giudi – “Jezinky” 10/10 – if not Elis Mraz, I want this, this is so different, this is interesting.. xheart
3. Annabelle – “Runnin’ Out of F* Time” 10/10 – again the same as for Elis Mraz :D
4. Jordan Haj & Emma Smetana – “By Now” 10/10 again current and again I love it.. :D I also like it is written by himslef..it is 4 min long tough, they have to cut it..
5. We Are Domi – “Lights Off” 9/10 – it is very good, live can lift it, reminds me somehow of “Davidna” from Belarus. :D
6. Skywalker – “Way Down” 8/10 like it, a bit basic
7. The Valentines – “Stay or Go” 6/10 solid,. maybe not my cup of tea..

Good NF for now.. :)

Ringdalen

I love this national final and I am so glad they have such solid songs from so many different genres and expressions. Nothing feels too similar and I think no matter who wins that Czech Republic can be proud. :love:

My favorites are Skywalker, Annabelle and Giudi. And I think Annabelle would do the best in Eurovision because of how on the pulse of the current musical climate it is. xheart

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

I bims

Veteran
A nice line up with authentic artists. Not as strong as 2020 but still good. There is no "winner" song sadly.

My list:
1. Domi - Lights Off (Listening to it on repeat already. Hope this delivers live because I'm in love. Very fresh for Eurovision)
2. Annabelle - Runnin‘ Out of F* Time (Very catchy, reminds me a liiittle bit of early Avril Lavigne, in a good way! Love it!)
3. Elis Mraz - Imma Be (Much weaker than her previous song but she is less of a Meghan Trainor wannabe now)
4. The Valentines - Stay or Go (Lake Malawi but with better production. Wouldn't mind it but I'm not really loving it)
5. Jordan Haj & Emma Smetana - By Now (Very chill, the staging and live performance make or break this, could go very wrong)
6. GIUDI - Jezinky (Very mystic and has a cool vibe but I've already forgotten how it goes.)
7. Skywalker - Way Down (I just don't like it, don't like the melody and the "wait for me"... And pls no rock just because Maneskin won)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I voted for We Are Domi, but damn' Imma Be was such a SERVE. I would be very happy if either won, a little less happy (but still happy) if Valentines or Giudi won, satisfied if Annabelle won and disappointed if the other two (forgot their names) would emerge victorious.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Jezinky is fine I guess, but Giudi is such a bargain bin Kerli it hurts.

heke1988

I voted for Annabella, but based on studio versions, I'm not sad, if Giudi or Skywalker win.

Kaz

I really wish I could love Jezinky but idk it just doesn't do it for me. Love the aesthetic but the song just goes nowhere. My vote goes to Domi.

aef

The Valentines are easily my favourite here. I really enjoyed Lake Malawi and they are quite a similar product. It would definitely work very well with juries again and maybe also a little bit better with televoters than Lake Malawi...

MAD20

Wow this is a pretty good selection. Hats off to the Czech Republic! Definitely voted for Giudi, the song that has captivated me the most and that could do better in ESC. I wouldn't care seeing in the contest Elis Mraz or The Valentines either way.

Yazy

Categories:

Emma Smetana ft. Jordan Haj – "By Now" - my personal favorite

Giudi – "Jezinky" - the overall fan favorite

Skywalker – "Way Down" - the one that´s probably gonna end up winning

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus category:

Elis Mraz – "Imma Be" - the one that I am absolutely rooting against!!! (I utterly dislike this style of singing and I do not vibe with the music either).

Top Bottom