I'm like, "Omaga, you're so beautiful"
Why don't you come over and have it?
Why don't you let me have it?

Like omaga, omaga
You're so beautiful
Omaga, omaga

You said you're still too mad 'bout them things I did
But I don't know what I did (what I did, what I did)
You said you again feel down, to blame apocalypse
There ain't no apocalypse
Long as you're here on my lips

Honestly don't care
I'm happy you're here
I'm tryna make you smile for a while now
I'm like, "Omaga, you're so beautiful"
Why don't you come over and have it?

Like omaga, omaga
You're so beautiful
Omaga, omaga

Omaga, omaga
You're so beautiful
Omaga, omaga (yeah)
Why don't you let me?​

Last edited by a moderator:

HayashiM

Veteran
I am gutted, because I really love the song now, but at least it's not like this wasn't to be expected.

I think the biggest problem comes down to the staging. It's been simply the worst since our return, as if we were back to our 2007-2009 self. Of course Ben's vocals (as someone pointed out, he was quite strong in the heights, but not so much for the lower notes) and the running order didn't help either.
I think Ben might have underestimated things and chilled a little too much pre-contest, possibly thinking he can freestyle himself through - as Jan Bors wrote on his fb, MJ and Lake Malawi both came very well prepared and only a few things had to be actually worked on during the rehearsals, but Ben was a different story. I hope he doesn't hurt too much, he's a really lovely guy...

As for the future, Kryštof Šámal made it quite clear in his interview with Jan Bors that there are currently no plans for a televised NF next year, because the tv ratings for Eurovision aren't where they'd need to be. In addition there's big political games around our national broadcaster and a parliament election coming in autumn. These could change things for the better, but also for the worse. If we're back next year, I am already very happy and it's all I am asking for. Hopefully with some slightly more professional staging.

Last edited:

nofuxCZ

In addition there's big political games around our national broadcaster and a parliament election coming in autumn. These could change things for the better, but also for the worse. If we're back next year, I am already very happy and it's all I am asking for. Hopefully with some slightly more professional staging.

Oh yeah, that's my biggest fear as well - if the shady groups take over Czech TV. I pray that doesn't happen and we will be back next year.

kamc

This was the biggest disappointment of the night for me.
Benny oozes charm and charisma but he seemed oddly subdued and flat in this performance....like he had already resigned himself to the fact that he wasn’t going to qualify. Just such a shame.

Milos-BC

Overall, a very bland performance :( The song had the potential for something better, but it just didn't work out. His vocal performance was also bad.

Hope for a better song from :cz: next year.

ESC94

I kinda liked the song before, but the performance was sadly pretty flat and the vocals weren´t great either. The early starting position didn´t help either. :confused:

soulm8

What happened to this guy? 😌 What was this attitude of a “middle age teenager who is not liked by everyone “? He was somehow trying to say you predicted my failure so here it is! Such a shame!!! I loved his energy last year…

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Hopefully this flop puts an end to this cheap formula of entries that CZ is giving us since 2018, and hopefully they'll send quality songs again like they did in 2015/2017.

Etanna

In his insta-story after the semi, Benny said his experience had been a blast, that he had enjoyed every minute, regrets nothing and maybe he'll be back in 3 years :)
I'm very glad he enjoyed it! (Partly because of selfish reasons as I still remember vividly when Kabát's remarks about the contest really damaged Eurovision's reputation in Czechia.)

A-lister

Veteran
Hopefully this flop puts an end to this cheap formula of entries that CZ is giving us since 2018, and hopefully they'll send quality songs again like they did in 2015/2017.

Unfortunately, I think :cz: only sent one good entry and it was their first one (although I completely get it wasn't everyone's cup of tea).

Benny seems like a cool dude with a nice attitude, but yeah the entry wasn't particularly good (unpopular opinion: his 2020 entry was better!).

I'm also not a big fan of what :cz: is doing, but I wouldn't say the songs you point out there were quality.

Maybe a win for something more authentic this year could encourage :cz: to send something more local? xshrug

Etanna

What happened
No big drama :) they said that Eurovision is about putting on a big crazy show more than actual music quality or something along those lines. Their bad result in and of itself was not taken well by the public anyway because Kabát are extremely popular here and these comments helped create the image of Eurovision as a "circus" as Salvador Sobral would put it. To this day, I sometimes hear people mentioning it :rolleyes:

nofuxCZ

...our televote gave 12 points to Moldova... Do we have a strong diaspora of theirs or something I am not aware of? Because that seems like the most random thing ever :D

And we gave them 12 points in the semi as well. We do have a Moldovan diaspora here but not as big, so this is surprising.
Expected we will give televoting points to Azerbaijan but they ended 17th, so it seems like our local Azeris don't care about ESC anymore.

Also, 0 televoting points for Benny in the semifinal. :( Can't say I'm surprised.

Top Bottom