I'm like, "Omaga, you're so beautiful"
Why don't you come over and have it?
Why don't you let me have it?

Like omaga, omaga
You're so beautiful
Omaga, omaga

You said you're still too mad 'bout them things I did
But I don't know what I did (what I did, what I did)
You said you again feel down, to blame apocalypse
There ain't no apocalypse
Long as you're here on my lips

Honestly don't care
I'm happy you're here
I'm tryna make you smile for a while now
I'm like, "Omaga, you're so beautiful"
Why don't you come over and have it?

Like omaga, omaga
You're so beautiful
Omaga, omaga

Omaga, omaga
You're so beautiful
Omaga, omaga (yeah)
Why don't you let me?​

Last edited by a moderator:

HayashiM

Veteran
I think sending Benny is the best thing for ESC's popularity in :cz: that could've happened at this point. He's got one of the biggest followings here, and I'd also guess his fanbase is probably statistically more likely to also be slightly more open and interested in the contest in the long term, more likely than most of our general public.

However, it would be really nice if he made it to the finals and we could reach the full benefit of this synergy. The interest in ESC is growing, but if we really are to stay in the long run, we need to hit much larger viewership before some dumbass claims there's not enough public interest and decides to pull us out and keep us out (like is the case with Slovakia). I believe there were 300k viewers in 2019, I'd say we need to at least double that asap. No pressure, Benny :)

Slabsson79

I think high quality (both song and production-wise) national final would help a lot. Nowadays no one except hardcore ESC fans know there is an online NF. People would be more likely to tune into ESC in May if they were invested in selecting the participant. I hope it will be possible next year.

Other scenario could also be withdrawing... you know, there is this group of politicians and their buddies who hate ČT and who are trying to seize the power and get rid of ČT's director who was actually one of the main reasons we came back. EBU made a statement about this worrying situation as well..

As we know who these people are, ESC would be one of the first things they would get rid of. Let's hope the elections in October will prevent this scenario.
Yes, I know who these xxxxxx are. But hey, one needs to tell them, that Russia takes part as well...
I think sending Benny is the best thing for ESC's popularity in :cz: that could've happened at this point. He's got one of the biggest followings here, and I'd also guess his fanbase is probably statistically more likely to also be slightly more open and interested in the contest in the long term, more likely than most of our general public.

However, it would be really nice if he made it to the finals and we could reach the full benefit of this synergy. The interest in ESC is growing, but if we really are to stay in the long run, we need to hit much larger viewership before some dumbass claims there's not enough public interest and decides to pull us out and keep us out (like is the case with Slovakia). I believe there were 300k viewers in 2019, I'd say we need to at least double that asap. No pressure, Benny :)
But you can IMHO only raise the viewing figures, if you promote the contest and the national contestant. And you should start with the national selection. There are countries, which are less wealthy in terms of GDP and yet they have noticeable national finals. There are many talented musicians in Czechia, whose music fits the ESC-scheme and would consider a participation. As I have written above, there is money for formats like StarDance...there are shows on private stations like Tvoje tvář má známý hlas and other casting shows...they only cover. No space for original music, no space for novelty...the ESC could and should fill the gap...in fact, you could make a small festival (small) for a lot of entries, where only some would be competing for the ESC participation...

HayashiM

Veteran
Yes, I know who these xxxxxx are. But hey, one needs to tell them, that Russia takes part as well...

But you can IMHO only raise the viewing figures, if you promote the contest and the national contestant. And you should start with the national selection. There are countries, which are less wealthy in terms of GDP and yet they have noticeable national finals. There are many talented musicians in Czechia, whose music fits the ESC-scheme and would consider a participation. As I have written above, there is money for formats like StarDance...there are shows on private stations like Tvoje tvář má známý hlas and other casting shows...they only cover. No space for original music, no space for novelty...the ESC could and should fill the gap...in fact, you could make a small festival (small) for a lot of entries, where only some would be competing for the ESC participation...

I wasn't as convinced last year - how foolish of me - but I agree new. We absolutely need a televised national final (the cancellation of which is btw THE reason Jan Bors left ČT) asap.

But it's a vicious cycle - the best argument for having a televised NF would probably be... Rapidly increasing viewership for the actual ESC. And Benny is probably one the very few who could massively increase that figure just with the strength of his fanbase alone. So once again, fingers crossed for his qualification next week.

(There's always going to be enough money for Stardance. Its finals get watched by more than 1.5 million viewers... )

Slabsson79

Yes, I know that comparing ESC to such contest formats like Star Dance has its flaws, but still...I think raising awareness and the figures for the contest must start by binding the viewer to the contestant....so, dear spectator, here you have the national final with 10-12 songs....you may pick the one, we will send in 2022 to La Valletta / Lausanne-Bern-Zürich-Geneve/Roma/Paris :cool:. Pick him and root for him...we will cover his stay in the contest, we will present you the other contestants and so on....yes, a lot of things are possible online, but CT should promote Benny more...albeit it might be, that I am just missing the promotion.

HayashiM

Veteran
Yes, I know that comparing ESC to such contest formats like Star Dance has its flaws, but still...I think raising awareness and the figures for the contest must start by binding the viewer to the contestant....so, dear spectator, here you have the national final with 10-12 songs....you may pick the one, we will send in 2022 to La Valletta / Lausanne-Bern-Zürich-Geneve/Roma/Paris :cool:. Pick him and root for him...we will cover his stay in the contest, we will present you the other contestants and so on....yes, a lot of things are possible online, but CT should promote Benny more...albeit it might be, that I am just missing the promotion.
It could still be yet to come :)

Slabsson79

It could still be yet to come :)
And to make it even more daring, I wouldn´t even mind allowing 2 or 3 contestants from Slovakia to enter the Czech national final, with Slovak public being able to vote, but only a Czech jury....just to avoid 2005-2007 Serb-Montenegrin-like disputes...

midnightsun

Veteran
I'm not a dancer but the choreography doesn't look very professional to me? They're just kind of jumping around? And how could Benny have forgotten his dance choreography if he's practically not dancing?
Lake Malawi did the same, basically just happily amateurish jumping around and it was very well received by the juries. Unfortunately not by the public; I hope it will be different this year with Benny.

Etanna

Lake Malawi did the same, basically just happily amateurish jumping around and it was very well received by the juries. Unfortunately not by the public; I hope it will be different this year with Benny.
Yeah but Lake Malawi aren't dancers, nobody expects them to perform a perfect dance routine, their job was to sing/play and be charismatic. Here we have 4 professional dancers who have been working with Marvin Dietmann for months to create a good performance and all they came up with is this...

Slabsson79

It was only Albert jumping as far as I can remember, and in the semi, they were actually even having a solid televote support....the final memeworthy seven points are another story.
IMHO Benny should much much more rely on the televote. Juries will hardly appreciate him (that much to secure him the Q). And I think he is a classical televote-friendly entry.

midnightsun

Veteran
But it was exactly that happy amateur Albert dance that was so likable about it. I voted for it in the final but it was obviously not enough. Benny and the dancers appear like a hip hop streetdance impro band and that’s exactly my feeling when he‘s singing. The crazy „normal“ dancing like everyone would do is the best about the song. I don’t want this so much staged it‘s unnatural for a song like this. We will see. I hope it’s gonna be enough but I don’t think.

midnightsun

Veteran
By the way, Benny and Jendrik met behind the scenes. (They almost met in Hamburg already some days ago but it didn’t happen - Jendrik left him a message)

Slabsson79

But it was exactly that happy amateur Albert dance that was so likable about it. I voted for it in the final but it was obviously not enough. Benny and the dancers appear like a hip hop streetdance impro band and that’s exactly my feeling when he‘s singing. The crazy „normal“ dancing like everyone would do is the best about the song. I don’t want this so much staged it‘s unnatural for a song like this. We will see. I hope it’s gonna be enough but I don’t think.
Benny must add more energy to his vocals and ooze more energy into the arena. Might be better when spectators will be present, of course, his vocals have never been La Scala-worthy. What angers ME the most, that Germany, where I live, votes in the 1st Semi, so I cannot support him by means of voting...I think he deserves it.

Milos-BC

I liked his previous attempt better. This one has some good parts while the others could be improved. Overall, I think he has a 50/50 chance of making it to the final.

5 points.

Chorizo

Czechia must have thought the best way for them to be successful in Eurovision is to be as American as they can.
I think it's okay but it has nothing that makes it really stand out. 7 points from me.

nofuxCZ

It was a really messy performance and the moment it finished it was clear we wouldn't make it. I think bottom 3 is likely.
Too bad, Benny is a great guy and could do so much more. The staging was non existent, Benny struggled with vocals and I think he even forgot the lyrics once. Oh well, hopefully next year :)

Fluke

His voice was terrible. Dunno if he overstrained it or had problems with his monitors (like many others seemed to have tonight) but that was just unacceptably bad. The song itself had no substance or concept at all, just a silly mishmash. Too bad, i thought his previous "Kemama" was a bit underrated, but this was a deserved NQ if any.

JamieBrown

The three minutes sadly were not memorable and didn't make it stand out in the weak mass of the beginning. I just started to appreciate the song from the recaps and now am bitter it didn't qualify, even if I instantly called out the NQ after it was done :(

Top Bottom