9 6.3%

10 6.9%

15 10.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Czech-Republic-scaled.jpg

Neo

Like I said you've lost the plot. You think it's enough to send a young happening guy like you did with Mikolas Josef and completely disregard the rest.

Uto

Veteran
Saying Angola is the roots of Czechia just notches up the comedy level.

This will bonk because of the reasons I stated. To say that's a racist take is snowflake virtue signaling like I said, as it is rude to me.
I have no problems with the arguments you are making, on the contrary, but why are you using such politically charged language like 'virtue signalling' and 'snowflakes' and what not? This is a sure fire way to make others disregard what it is you are actually trying to say, because with such language your message takes on a meaning much deeper then you probably intend to. These are thinly veiled insults you are hurling.

Neo

People throwing angry faces at me, reporting my post and getting it banned, basically calling me a racist for daring to say that the song didn't fit Eurovision, and I am the one being insulting?

Jeez.

Uto

Veteran
People throwing angry faces at me, reporting my post and getting it banned, basically calling me a racist for daring to say that the song didn't fit Eurovision, and I am the one being insulting?

Jeez.
I haven't seen the post that got taken down. If that was wrong in your eyes that sucks, but it's just people being people and they may have a different perspective which you are just going to have to accept. I only saw you being rather abrasive which doesn't serve any purpose either way.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Saying Angola is the roots of Czechia just notches up the comedy level.

This will bonk because of the reasons I stated. To say that's a racist take is snowflake virtue signaling like I said, as it is rude to me.
it's HIS roots. He is Czech of Angolan descent. BOTH are his roots. They are not mutually exclusive.

and yes you are the one being insulting. there are people here who face racism and xenophobia everyday. ben himself is being a victim of racism ever since he won. if you think there is nothing wrong about saying "is this a caribean song contest or an european song contest" (when angola is not even there), then that says a lot

Miloutchi

Jeez.
Nobody has called you a racist. They just simply stated that your comment could be perceived as racist and I don’t think they are wrong. Europe is a diverse multicultural society and that is also part of our culture, so why can’t countries show that? I couldn’t think of a reason why you would say the things you said other than nationalist views. But maybe I am wrong and you simply didn’t express yourself very well. And someone who calls other people snowflakes for expressing their opinions about your opinions is, well yeah, insulting. You don’t have to respect other people’s opinions, but you still have to respect the people behind it.

Neo

..it's just people being people and they may have a different perspective which you are just going to have to accept.
So I have to accept people can vent on me and insinuate I'm a racist, but I can't express my opinion about a song in "what's your opinion on a song" -thread, because they are people being people, and I'm not?
So crazy..
I6AW72u.gif

Uto

Veteran
So I have to accept people can vent on me and insinuate I'm a racist, but I can't express my opinion about a song in "what's your opinion on a song" -thread, because they are people being people, and I'm not?
So crazy..
I6AW72u.gif
You *can* express your opinion, but there are some people here with rather long toes and you stepped on them. Shit happens. They win, you lose. Doesn't make them a better person, doesn't make you a worse person. I understand that you might feel persecuted, but there's no use in dwelling on that feeling. Just shrug it off. You know you didn't do much wrong but you just have to be slightly more considerate in the future when posting on this board. If that's too much to ask that's on you.

opinionsigotem

I don't think our Czech friends have anything to be concerned about re: non qualification. This is pre-revamp as well.

DaFlo

Banned
Yep this performance was great, looking forward to the revamp. Upgraded to 10 for now.

Top Bottom