15 8.0%

11 5.9%

20 10.7%

10 5.3%

8 4.3%

19 10.2%

• Total voters

Jacketh

I cannot believe this qualified. But this was the worst semifinal in the history of eurovision so there were spots even for bad songs. I can't believe Georgia and Hungary are out.

It was easily one of the best stage shows last night.

I think there's a chance it won last night. Seriously.

midnightsun

Veteran
This is so-so in the studio version but he nailed it live. What a clever move to announce the name of his country during the song! And A friend of a friend ofafriendofafriendofafriend is the most catchy phrase this year and it's just fun to say it all the. Gonna use it in real life.

You meeting me?
No I'm visting a friend of friend of a friend, you know

God, this has meme potential all over.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
This song really gets on my nerves... I kind of expected it to qualify but meh... I can see the tasteless juries loving this as it's safe Pop in English and children probably like it too... I would have preferred other more worthy entries to make it over this tbh xshrug ... not one of the worst in the semi, but still... I hope this won't be :cz: formula now to send this "tween girl idols" type of of stuff considering they seem to be getting their best results so far with that...

If you think this was aimed at children, you are mistaken. It has that great 80's throwback vibe, and everyone in my family (ages 25 to 65) loved it. It'll have mass appeal and the juries of course will love it.

You are letting your personal feelings towards this song and hatred of the juries influence your position here.

Mii11

Fun fact: now, Czech Republic has the same qualification rate as Belgium :O and higher qualification rate than Portugal.

mauve

Veteran
This is so-so in the studio version but he nailed it live. What a clever move to announce the name of his country during the song! And A friend of a friend ofafriendofafriendofafriend is the most catchy phrase this year and it's just fun to say it all the. Gonna use it in real life.

You meeting me?
No I'm visting a friend of friend of a friend, you know

God, this has meme potential all over.

Exactly. I remember when the video came out. I couldn't stand the song at all. And I loved yesterday's performance. :mrgreen:

Dorientje

what a nice song. so glad they are through. and everything was also right on stage
good luck

Milos-BC

Good job :cz: ,the song is much better with a performance like this. I really loved every second of it. I think it's quite a dark horse for the final now.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Same, the life performance really lifts up the song. I'm not a fan of the studio version, it's too repetitive for my liking, but I won't frown when they'll perform in the final.
I'm actually glad they're there, they bring joy and fun.

tuorem

We're third time in a final and third time we got the worst possible draw from Björkman :? :mrgreen:

Maybe Björkman tried to bring you down last year, but it turned out to be blessing in disguise: you performed after four ballads in a row and - especially - after our boring stagingless act. :D You were like a breath of fresh air to the viewers at this point!

This year is another story though: that third position is not looking good xthink

nofuxCZ

Maybe Björkman tried to bring you down last year, but it turned out to be blessing in disguise: you performed after four ballads in a row and - especially - after our boring stagingless act. :D You were like a breath of fresh air to the viewers at this point!

This year is another story though: that third position is not looking good xthink

Yeah, maybe we just barely qualified...
Israel got 9th place in 2015 from this slot, Netherlands and Moldova 11th place in 2016 and 2013, so I'm still hopeful we could get at least mid-table result :D

crashworld

Veteran
This song deserves much more success than last year's shit of a song. But having them performing at slot no. 3? Hopefully people will still remember it by the end of the show.

Etanna

Yeah, maybe we just barely qualified...
Israel got 9th place in 2015 from this slot, Netherlands and Moldova 11th place in 2016 and 2013, so I'm still hopeful we could get at least mid-table result

last year we did really well both in the semi and in the betting odds, yet we went first in our drawn half..
I'm afraid this song isn't as high impact as Mikolas's nor as any of those songs you mentioned so I'm not getting my hopes up :/

Realest

The Runningorder killed them.

cegs5

Even if they were not one of my favs their reactiom to the televoting results broke my heart.

Honestly, I am not all convinced on the way the results are revealed, at least in the past you only saw the happiness of the delegations getting a combined 12 points... not the humilliation of getting poor results.

Mii11

I don't understand. With a much better song, :cz: 2015 was so underrated and this year they are that high? Well done, but I'm really surprised.

FoxOfShadows

Killed off by the running order and it was a very unfair placement too, considering they got second in their semi

nofuxCZ

I felt sorry for them when they announced the televote result </3 I thought it might happen, as our entry this year kinda reminded me of Sweden 2018, so the result turned out similarly...
At least in semifinal we were 6th in the televote and 1st with the jury - I wonder though why did Bjorkman put us 3rd in the running order with such result?

Anyway, 11th place is more than I expected, the Czech team should be happy, they did a good job this year once again.
Looking forward to our proper national final next year :)

bstream

My initial reaction was that they were somehow making up for the jury points lost last year. :lol: At the end of the day, I warmed up to their whole live performance and I think their “garage band that just got a record deal” aesthetic shown through, and the juries seemed to have “gotten it” (slightly) more than the televoters. They were polished, with the camera shots and use of camera effects, but still a bit raw and human because no amount of rehearsed staging and fun camera effects can take away from the unique, “nerdy” personality they being to the table. :) I think their final placing, just shy of the top 10, shows that Czech Republic might be starting to understand how to do well at Eurovision and are finding their niche/voice and is another example that any country with a good entry can do decently well.

Top Bottom