15 8.0%

11 5.9%

20 10.7%

10 5.3%

8 4.3%

19 10.2%

• Total voters

Teaisloveable

They absolutely deserved more than 7 points from the televote. Their reaction was heartbreaking!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
They did NOT deserve 7 points what is wrong with you europe and australia!!!!!!!!!!!

HayashiM

Veteran
As I have already said elsewhere, we had been 5/17 in the televote in the semis, so I really think the running order is partly to blame. But there is a big point gap to both reach the top 10 and fall to the 12th place, so it doesn't matter that much. I am quite happy for the 11th place, I just wish it came from the people.

digitaldude

Czechs are really no strangers to low televote if you look at the results in recent year discounting last year.

HayashiM

Veteran
Oh, and being able to finally experience that feeling of hearing your country's name getting 12 points for the first time ever - that was pretty fantastic. Thank you, Norway, Hungary, Georgia and Slovenia.
Still can't understand how it hasn't aleady happened in the last year when we had Mikolas Josef... But Keiino explains a lot.

MalagaToledo

Banned
This junior level song having 12 pts from jurry is reason why jurry should be expelled from esc. This having more votes than Roi, in what universe? There weren't any better songs in czechia this year?

Etanna

This junior level song having 12 pts from jurry is reason why jurry should be expelled from esc. This having more votes than Roi, in what universe? There weren't any better songs in czechia this year?

lol be glad we didn't send any of the other songs from our national final (barring one), you wouldn't have enjoyed e.g. 'Space Sushi' any more than this :D

I honestly never expected us to even qualify, not to mention almost make top 10 in the GF so I'm happy even though I'm not a huge fan of the song. 7 points from the televote is still our second best televoting score in the Grand Final so there's no need to complain :D :D
I hope that we will send something good next year (but I'm a little scared as well given the producers' choice of this years' NF songs).

HayashiM

Veteran
lol be glad we didn't send any of the other songs from our national final (barring one), you wouldn't have enjoyed e.g. 'Space Sushi' any more than this :D

I honestly never expected us to even qualify, not to mention almost make top 10 in the GF so I'm happy even though I'm not a huge fan of the song. 7 points from the televote is still our second best televoting score in the Grand Final so there's no need to complain :D :D
I hope that we will send something good next year (but I'm a little scared as well given the producers' choice of this years' NF songs).

It should get better next year with the TV national final, I think that at least rules all Hana Barbara's out.

Etanna

It should get better next year with the TV national final, I think that at least rules all Hana Barbara's out.

how on Earth could they have thought choosing that song was a good idea I'll never understand :D

I'm a bit worried, though, who will submit their song this early - the deadline is already in a month or so. Maybe they will prolong it but still... I hope it won't be a couple of beginning musicians with a producer who will try for them to follow Mikolas's success. We would end up with a bunch of calculated mediocre songs again :/

muisjep

Loved to see you again in the final this year! You deserved more televotes points...

JamieBrown

'Friend of a Friend' grew into my Top 2 and now I listened to their work. Great band. Gives me the positive vibes I need sometimes xup

And to realize that they named their first EP 'When we are making love again'... xheat

nofuxCZ

I hope their success can encourage other bands/singers from the alternative scene - Lake Malawi themselves weren't fans of the contest in the past but they admitted they were wrong and now encourage others who think similarly as they did to give Eurovision a chance ;)

Milos-BC

My biggest grower of the year probably. They deserved this result. I don't realy understand why the televoting results were so criminally bad, but still, a really good job.

:Well done :cz: xclap

Top Bottom