7 3.6%

1 0.5%

3 1.5%

3 1.5%

• Total voters

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That 0 was not deserved at all, I put that down to the fact she was thrown under a bus by Bjorkman and put in slot 2. You still made the final, which i'm happy for.

Oshawott

Gabriela was my favorite this year. I wanna congratulate Czechia for making it into the final for the first time ever and for giving Croatia two points in their televote.
xheart
Hope you have an even better 2017. :D

EDIT
Well, I don't want to congratulate you for giving Croatia points but more for your great song and performance and thing about points was more of a bounus. What I wanted to say is thank you for giving us any points and sorry for my messages not being enough to give you at least one point.
Gabriela will for ever be one of my favorite contestants and "I Stand" will probably never leave my personal top 10. :D

Romeo

televotes..... 0 points to this... just proves the televotes should not be allowed!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
televotes..... 0 points to this... just proves the televotes should not be allowed!

If televotes were stopped then that would mean that the Polish entry that Europe took into their hearts this year and placed 3rd, would have flopped and came 25th, second from last. In fact, they wouldn't have even made the final. It sucks what happened to Czech Republic but we need the public vote there. It's fair that we have a say. Also, it's not like the juries went nuts for "I Stand" anyway. Just an incredibly underrated entry:(

Ritararita

People are already complaining about too much power in hands of juries. If there would be no televote "opposition" to their opinion, then Eurovision would be generally seen as a pompous private party of broadcasters and their friends funded by people´s money. I don´t think general public would be happy with that.

I am very sad about Czech result. My heart is bleeding, actually. I still cannot see what exactly was so bad about I Stand. But we must accept the result and try again.

DanielLuis

If televotes were stopped then that would mean that the Polish entry that Europe took into their hearts this year and placed 3rd, would have flopped and came 25th, second from last. In fact, they wouldn't have even made the final. It sucks what happened to Czech Republic but we need the public vote there. It's fair that we have a say. Also, it's not like the juries went nuts for "I Stand" anyway. Just an incredibly underrated entry:(

They did place them 4th in the semi-final. Maybe with a later draw the juries would rank the Czech Republic a little bit better in the final

Adrian

Finding out that this got 0 in the televote really really upset me and then to further find out that this came last in the Australian televote also saddened my even more so! I guess all my votes for Gabriela were the only votes

Titowam

0 points from televotes?! This was my 4th tonight, she should be VERY happy with the performance.

underrated.

i anixi

People are already complaining about too much power in hands of juries. If there would be no televote "opposition" to their opinion, then Eurovision would be generally seen as a pompous private party of broadcasters and their friends funded by people´s money. I don´t think general public would be happy with that.

I am very sad about Czech result. My heart is bleeding, actually. I still cannot see what exactly was so bad about I Stand. But we must accept the result and try again.

i think it lacked emotion which consequently made it all a bit flat. I felt it in the semi and said it here and felt it again tonight. Considering the winning song overall, it was obvious that emotion was important to people this edition round :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

You should feel very proud of Gabriela. This is just one of those things that's very hard to explain and accept. You did everything right this year and "I Stand" made history for your country. It was a massive step forward. As DanielLuis pointed out, you got 4th with the juries in the semi. There's a lot to be proud of. Eurofans were unanimously cheering for Czech Republic's qualification this year and it happened. You deserve so much more but this is a great startxrose "I Stand" touched my heart.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

There is nothing wrong with the public having a say, but the heavy diaspora must be countered to maintain some kind of integrity in the voting. What's the point if you just vote for your own country? Something should be done for the next contest.

strajker

0 points from televotes?! This was my 4th tonight, she should be VERY happy with the performance.

underrated.

Not only 0, but bottom 5 everywhere almost...

It was 2nd last in 17 countries.
Last in 7...

2NPDMu6.png

WhoKnows

What about Czechia's own voting?

Poland, Ukraine and Russia was bottom 3 with the jury. All three were in the top 4 with their televoters.

strajker

What about Czechia's own voting?

Poland, Ukraine and Russia was bottom 3 with the jury. All three were in the top 4 with their televoters.

ppkoDtH.png

Look at the bottom though...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
There is nothing wrong with the public having a say, but the heavy diaspora must be countered to maintain some kind of integrity in the voting. What's the point if you just vote for your own country? Something should be done for the next contest.

Well we should keep things exactly as they are then. We have a diaspora counter and it worked last night. Even if I thought it was very bizarre and unfair how our 3rd favourite with a sincere, touching song and performance ended up second from the bottom with professionals who are all too ready to jump aboard dated, contrived peace ballads from other countries.

Ritararita

I was really worried to see Czech media reactions on the results. But thankfully, it´s not that bad. As usual, there are some sarcastic commentaries (like "let´s compete with a song "1968" to finally win this strictly apolitical contest"), but nothing really harsh or too hysterical. Most of the articles are dedicated to Jamala and meaning of her song. Gabriela´s performance is rated positively and the contest as whole also seems to be seen in more positive light than last year (and years before), even if there is still no exaggerated enthusiasm. But that´s fine, Czechs are usually reserved like this. Most of the journalists can see things surprisingly realistically,saying that qualifying for the final already was a success. Mercifully, I haven´t seen any "Let´s withdraw from this pathetic circus!" hysteria anywhere. Yet. And I hope I won´t.

zs1001

Good result for Czechia. It is just a beginning of a success row. I hope they can reach at least the same result as Hungary in last 6 years. Best wishes for Gabriela in her career!

blartashura

^lol

This entry was so robbed. Fail at me thinking this would do good with the juries but at least thanks to them this was saved from being dead last. The lack of votes from the public though NONO

musicfan

Apparently the Polish jury performance wasn't very good though, that's the thing to remember that the televote and jury vote are done on two separate performances.

However that obviously never explains everything as the televote performance for I Stand sounded absolutely fine to me.

Top Bottom