• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
CZECH_REPUBLIC.png

Gabriela_Guncikova_Eurovision_2016.jpg

:cz: Gabriela Gunčíková - I Stand :cz:

Meet & Greet:

Czech Republic will stay in 2016

Gabriela Gunčíková was born in Kroměříž, Czech Republic on 27 June 1993, making her the first Czech representative born under the modern day Czech Republic. She found fame as the runner-up of the second series of SuperStar and won the "New Artist" award at the 2011 Český slavík awards. She joined the popular American ensemble Trans-Siberian Orchestra as a vocalist for a short stint in 2014.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: CZECH REPUBLIC 2016

I have no idea about whether or not the Czech Republic is going to qualify from the Semis this year but I hope a non-qualification will not discourage them from returning in 2016. This is the first time they're actually sending something decent to the contest and will undoubtedly be their best result to date. I think they need to erase their Eurovision track record from their memories and consider 2015 a fresh start.

EscTombo

They will only return if they qualify for the final.
So I'm gonna vote for them as much as I can \(^-^)/
And then I hope that they're sending Gabriela Soukalova next year. Actually, she's a biathlete but she can sing very well xclap
Here's her song "For your eyes only":

Ritararita

Possible Czech candidates I would not be ashamed of:

Vojtěch Dyk
Tonya Graves
Jan Ponocný aka Circus Ponorka
Matěj Ruppert
Richard Krajčo (with or without his band Kryštof)
Radůza
...or Václav and Marta again. :)

nofuxCZ

Kryštof would be great, also for the popularity of the contest in the country. But it won't happen as long as the band isn't allowed to perform live as well :(
Well, maybe they'll change their mind. Marta Jandová also said just 2 years ago that she can't imagine she would ever participate in Eurovision...

Anyway, I want national final for next year. NF with several rounds, with open applications and maybe with some scouting like Austria had this year.

Ritararita

Kryštof would be great, also for the popularity of the contest in the country. But it won't happen as long as the band isn't allowed to perform live as well :(
Well, maybe they'll change their mind. Marta Jandová also said just 2 years ago that she can't imagine she would ever participate in Eurovision...

Anyway, I want national final for next year. NF with several rounds, with open applications and maybe with some scouting like Austria had this year.

Well, problem with national final is that it leaves a space for what is one of our favourite national sports - trolling. I really don´t want to see Marie Pojkarová, Nicky Tučková or Daniel Nekonečný winning. Let me remind you for whom we voted in The Greatest Czech show years ago.

There is also a danger of "buying votes" (ESC 2008), which would be even easier these days thanks to Facebook. Basically, the singer with the most active fanclub and/or richest sponsor would win, no matter what. For that reason, I would prefer internal selection again.

And for Krajčo/Kryštof - you are unfortunately right with the playback. And the same problem could be with almost every person in my list. :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Well, problem with national final is that it leaves a space for what is one of our favourite national sports - trolling.

Oh my. Welcome to the club then Czech Republic, the UK, a long with Finland & Germany all warmly welcome you to the trolling-in-a-public-vote-group.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Elaiza and Ann Sophie are serious acts though

I'm not saying they aren't, but there was much better songs in the NF that year. ;)

nofuxCZ

Well, problem with national final is that it leaves a space for what is one of our favourite national sports - trolling. I really don´t want to see Marie Pojkarová, Nicky Tučková or Daniel Nekonečný winning. Let me remind you for whom we voted in The Greatest Czech show years ago.

There is also a danger of "buying votes" (ESC 2008), which would be even easier these days thanks to Facebook. Basically, the singer with the most active fanclub and/or richest sponsor would win, no matter what. For that reason, I would prefer internal selection again.

And for Krajčo/Kryštof - you are unfortunately right with the playback. And the same problem could be with almost every person in my list. :(

Huh? Jára Cimrman is THE greatest Czech though. I'm sure he'd be a runaway winner if he ever participated in Eurovision. :mrgreen:

As for the trolling, well - it could be prevented by splitting the vote between jury, international jury or whatever. I think if the NF format was good it could do much more for the popularity of the contest here.

Ritararita

Huh? Jára Cimrman is THE greatest Czech though. I'm sure he'd be a runaway winner if he ever participated in Eurovision. :mrgreen:

As for the trolling, well - it could be prevented by splitting the vote between jury, international jury or whatever. I think if the NF format was good it could do much more for the popularity of the contest here.

Of course Jára Cimrman IS the Greatest Czech. I know it, you know it, every Czech person knows it. Even professor Fiedler from Austria knows it.

Well, the NFs would definitely put Eurovision on prime time TV before the actual Eurovision, which would be good. But can you really imagine ČT spending money on organization of something like that? I can´t. Also, I think that relationship between a country and this contest is something what needs to be build step by step for years. National Finals would make more sense at some point in the future when people will be actually interested in it.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

If it helps the Czech promo material makes it seem like their delegation are here to stay.

Ritararita

If it helps the Czech promo material makes it seem like their delegation are here to stay.

Not long ago, there was a small "building bridges" event at Austrian embassy in Prague, where ČT´s program boss Milan Fridrich said that Eurovision is one of the most important projects in their plan to do more co-productions with another European countries and the decision not to participate was made by previous management. That sounds good. However, when a direct question if the Czech Republic will participate next year came, he didn´t say "yes" or "no", just something like "I personally hope it´s not our last participation". So, it looks like (non)qualifying of Marta and Václav could decide this.

WhoKnows

I was really hoping they would qualify this year. 1. Because they deserved it. 2. Because I'm afraid they'll leave now that they didn't. :(

On the plus side, there's no way they finished last on the semi. That's progress. Maybe it'll be enough for them to stay.

dizzydjc

We need to see the results obviously but I think Czech Republic didn't do too badly (probably 12th/13th I would imagine) which might spur them on.

Ritararita

On a more positive note, even if Marta and Václav were last, the 17th place in SF still is the best Czech result ever. ;)

Top Bottom