Contact us

CZECH REPUBLIC 2012 - not taking part

AlekS

Veteran
They don't will care about it provided if they have success in the ESC and are appreciated by the public ;)
No prob, buy me a real Maibach.
Money do not mean anything, you know.

ps. Anyway, they can put all funding on the performer's shoulders / find a rich sponsor (if their law allows that).
Otherwise it's impossible.

Last edited:

CC92

ps. Anyway, they can put all funding on the performer's shoulders / find a rich sponsor (if their law allows that).
Otherwise it's impossible.

If Azerbaijan is interested in a 'full house' that will not be unlikely methinks.

Sabiondo

But there are better news.

The Czech Republic still can return to Eurovision 2012, because the new director Peter Dvorak is going to make a new programme for 2012. But all will depend about the new Programation of CT. They are still doing final touches on the new programme of CT. So we will know very soon if the Czech Republic is going to be back in ESC 2012...??

Keep your fingers cross. Stay tuned!!! :mrgreen:

Charly

Re: CZECH REPUBLIC 2012

A few days ago, in a chat with CT, the television station confirmed they are finally organising their programming schedule for 2012 but could not confirm if it included Eurovision or not. In September it was reported on eurocontest.cz that the new director Peter Dvorak wanted to create better relations with EBU. Therefore, fans must wait a little while longer for the Czech Republic to announce their final decision on Eurovision, but signs so far look positive!

AlekS

Veteran

Programming schedule is not an accurate source, esp if they haven't even applied the budget.

PeterLPZ

A few days ago, in a chat with CT, the television station confirmed they are finally organising their programming schedule for 2012 but could not confirm if it included Eurovision or not. In September it was reported on eurocontest.cz that the new director Peter Dvorak wanted to create better relations with EBU. Therefore, fans must wait a little while longer for the Czech Republic to announce their final decision on Eurovision, but signs so far look positive!

It would be great, if they would decide for ESC. I hope for a comeback next year and of course for a great song.

A-lister

Veteran

It would be great, if they would decide for ESC. I hope for a comeback next year and of course for a great song.

Especially the last part! :)

But yeah, would be nice to see them back, but I doubt it.

Sabiondo

Ohh guys here bad news:

According to spectator center of ČT their attitude towards Eurovision remains changeless. They said: "ČT nor takes part in ESC, nor broadcasts it live or from record. In last year our viewers sent us clear signals that they don't like the show."

So, its Official that the Czechs won't will take part the next year or in the future :(

A-lister

Veteran

^

Sad but no surprise at all.

What I always found most weird about Czech Republic and Eurovision is the fact that it even took them so long to enter it in the first place. While more or less all the other ex-communist countries stood in line to enter it as fast they possibly could (and had capacity to do so), Czech Republic never even bothered.

I can understand that the interest might not be there any longer after their failures, but to this date I still don't understand why they never bothered in the first place. It was always this hole in the middle of the European map each ESC year and it always felt weird in a way.

They must really hate this contest for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Ohh guys here bad news:

According to spectator center of ČT their attitude towards Eurovision remains changeless. They said: "ČT nor takes part in ESC, nor broadcasts it live or from record. In last year our viewers sent us clear signals that they don't like the show."

So, its Official that the Czechs won't will take part the next year or in the future :(

Do you have a link to the source so we can make it official??

CPV4931

There was still some hope, but I quite expected this. So let´s hope for a participation in 2013

Sabiondo

Czech Republic confirms no participation in Baku.

CT, Ceska Televize, the Czech national brodcaster has informed and confirmed to esctoday.com its intention and decision of abstaining from participating at the forthcoming 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku. Hence we won't see a Czech entry in Baku. Hence it will be the 3rd year in a row that the Czech Republic won't send a song or singer to the Eurovision Song Contest.
The Czech Republic debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007 with the rockband Kabat and the song Mala dama. The central European landlocked country has participated at the Eurovision Song Contest only 3 times (2007,2008 and 2009). During its short Eurovision history the Czechs have failed to qualify for the Eurovision final.

In 2010 the Czech Republic decided not to participate at the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest, following suit in 2011. Thus Eurovision fans won't see a Czech entry either in 2012. Will we see them returning in 2013?

Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest news on the Eurovision Song Contest.

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/17997

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
No shocker here. The interest in the Czech Republic is incredibly low so I can't really blame the broadcaster. Maybe in 2013.

A-lister

Veteran
Old news - no news.

Still to this day though I don't understand what took them so long to enter this contest in the first place, they really must hate it lol

nofuxCZ

Old news - no news.

Still to this day though I don't understand what took them so long to enter this contest in the first place, they really must hate it lol

Well, nobody knows what took us so long to enter...
You're right about that second part though. General opinion about ESC here is that it's "cheap", cheesy contest with music that would never stood out in the real world and that you would almost never heard on the radio. Many big artists share the same opinion, therefore they are not interested in participating. They don't have this opinion only because we failed every year we participated. The fact is that majority of Czech people hated our entries as well (esp. 2008 and 2009). And speaking of Kabát, it was our first year and people didn't know what to expect - even guys from Kabát didn't know, they actually sort of bashed this contest after their return from Helsinki. CT hasn't ever did any big promo for this contest, therefore this show hasn't made big numbers and I personally think that only minorities voted (that would explain why Azerbaijan, Armenia and Ukraine always got 8-12 points from us). It's gonna be really hard to improve image of this contest here. And I wouldn't be so optimistic about our return in 2013, only Slovakia can change that if they place well this year - but it's not gonna happen as well since they sent some really great songs in the past and they were still at the bottom....

GRE

How can people think that the constest is cheap,when the entries they select are not good?

Top Bottom