Contact us

CZECH REPUBLIC 2012 - not taking part

GeorgeChali

Well we will see them in one of the next year with a surely good song so they will do the big return...
They will keep us waiting till their BIG RETURN :p

AlekS

Veteran
1 of 5 HoB candidates Hynek Chudárek announced that he wants Czech Republic to participate in ESC again.
At least some chance )))

We will find out the new Head of the broadcaster on September 21.

lowyby

Let's all hope 100% for it...
Btw, anymore news on the man, he has any chances to win or is he a nobody :p?

AlekS

Veteran
Dvorak also doesn't mind ESC but the broadcaster faced heavy budget cuts (more than 20%) so all of this doesn't matter anymore.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I wasn't expecting their return so I'd be lying if I said I was surprised . I believe they will return to the contest at some point though just not within the next couple of years.

A-lister

Veteran
^
Agree with Matt, but although not unexpecting, I was still hoping they would comeback and prove themselves worthy with a killer entry for a change.

Their failure so far relies mostly on weak (at best), badly executed or right on awful entries. I don't think they ever put real thought into this, so in a sense they act a little bit like unnecessary sore losers.

Sabiondo

I saw now on web site http://escportal.cz that 3 of 5 candidates for new CT director promised that they said that :cz: will return to ESC :shock:

And also Petr Dvořák ( The strongest contender) said before that he wants to establish greater cooperation with the EBU in international projects.

Apparently just only Hynek Chudárek doesn't said anything regarding ESC.

Tomorrow we will know who will be next director. Cross fingers for those four ;)

Scooby

Yes they will back! But question is WHEN?

A-lister

Veteran
^
Hmm does this mean anything for ESC?

Plz come back Czech! All the bad entries are forgotten and forgiven, time for a new chapter in ESC! C'mon you CAN do it!

Sabiondo

Considering that their budget has been reduced on 20%? hmmmm...

They don't will care about it provided if they have success in the ESC and are appreciated by the public ;)

But might need to ask Petr if he are interested in the ESC 2012 (Considering that wants to cooperate with the EBU) to see that such ))

Top Bottom