Contact us

CZECH REPUBLIC 2012 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
czech-flag.gif

AlekS

Veteran
Re: CZECH REPUBLIC 2012

Czech Republic doesn't want to come back, according to the Head of broadcaster who even adviced (not directly) Slovakian broadcaster to withdraw. Miracles happen but not in this case, imo.

dizzydjc

Doubt they'll return - spoilsports!

Sabiondo

If they back the back the next year, i want Verona to rep. hers...¡¡¡¡¡

There are the only Czech well group well know in Europe who i like with good songs ))) here are some who i like:

Charly

If they back the back the next year, i want Verona to rep. hers...¡¡¡¡¡

There are the only Czech well group well know in Europe who i like with good songs ))) here are some who i like:

They will defientely not Return at all :(

Sabiondo

They will defientely not Return at all :(

You never say never... if they don't telecast the Eurovision final, they do late or early ;) bersides if :hu: or :pl: wins this year, they don't will thing 2 times to back :mrgreen:

Sean

Admin
Staff member

We all thought Italy and Austria would never come back...:lol:

I hate the attitude that they've taken but it's a shame as they really showed diversity and I would love to see another important European country back. Gipsy.cz was awesome :mrgreen:

doctormalisimo

I don't think their lack of success from 2007-09 had a lot to do with politics or geography. They just sent 3 terrible songs. If the Czech broadcaster actually put a bit of effort into finding the best Czech talent then their fortunes will improve.

DanielLuis

I don't think their lack of success from 2007-09 had a lot to do with politics or geography. They just sent 3 terrible songs. If the Czech broadcaster actually put a bit of effort into finding the best Czech talent then their fortunes will improve.

Thats right.
Well 2008 was good but the vocals destroyed EVERYTHING!!

A-lister

Veteran

True. They send 3 crap entries so what did they expect?

On the other hand Slovakia almost always send great entries and failed anyways, so geo-politics is still there unfortunately.

If Slovakia miraculously makes it to the final and Poland and Hungary finish high (as they deserve to) then Czech MIGHT consider taking part.. but only then.

AlekS

Veteran

Slovakia sent only one gr8 entry in 2010 which had a horrible performance thus they've got what they deserved.

If Czech Republic cares about the results so much... they better sit where they are. Nobody needs them with such diva attitude.
The "problem" is... everyone else also deserves to finish high. When they understand this they can come back.

Misi

Czech Republic don't have music that would appeal to anyone but them.
Typical problem for the V4.

AlekS

Veteran

^actually they have such music - they have problems with performers. Not talking about performers in general, rather particular performing.
How it looks on the TV. Imo, they needed experience. They don't need to send music which is similar to other entries or fit themselves into some part of European televiewers they can simply improve their own performance (arrangement, vocals, staging etc.).

Kabat looked like an open-air performance, I know they are very popular in CR and Slovakia but ESC is a TV event which dffers from all usual formats. They got it and sent Teresa. It could work... if she had better vocals, better dancers and better staging . She flopped like Kristina last year or like Feminnem. Interesting song but horrible live performance. Gipsy.cz... classic ESC gimmick fail (if you mean results). Portugal will have the same destiny this year.

A-lister

Veteran

Slovakia sent only one gr8 entry in 2010 which had a horrible performance thus they've got what they deserved

Your opinion.

If you pay so much attention to just singing, how come you overlook their 2009 return? That was probably the best vocal performance and well performed ballad of that year!

Also they had some pretty good entries in the 90's aswell (people tend to forget they actually took part back then aswell).

Sabiondo

They overlook in 2009, only cause beliver that the Diaspora and Voting neibourds can helps us, but unfortunately they joined the wrong year..¡¡

Also they had some pretty good entries in the 90's aswell (people tend to forget they actually took part back then aswell).

Ohh course, i can foget their 1998 entry ;) - ignored by all and the reazon of their withdrawal..¡¡¡

AlekS

Veteran

Your opinion.

If you pay so much attention to just singing, how come you overlook their 2009 return? That was probably the best vocal performance and well performed ballad of that year!
Considering all this bs that you invent about me don't even ask me about anything :) xsnooty

oh, and Slovakia 2009 was the most boring performance :?

But this thread is not about Slovakia.

Narmina

^ Oh, they say that Czech Republic will participate in Baku 2012! Yahoo!

Sahistul

Exclusive! Czech Republic comes back in Eurovision in 2012!

Our blog managed to find exclusive information! The Czech Republic has returned to Eurovision in 2012. With our blog you know this information were the first in the world!

The direct source, we were able to determine that the Czech Republic after the two-year break returned to the Eurovision. Already sent its representative to the Eurovision in Azerbaijan budúcoročnú.

While not yet known how the method chosen by his Czech representative, it is considered well above the national stage. We believe that 2012 Eurovision in Azerbaijan will meet our two brotherly countries. The Slovak decision on participation or non participation in the forthcoming Eurovision But we have to wait for some time.

YES! Welcome back Czech Republic..:)

Top Bottom