Stin ankaliá mou, páme mazí pio péra
Sta óneirá mou, valé fterá kai péta
You can be my only one
Na-na-na-na-ni-aman

Ela, ela, ela
Ela, ela, ela​

stephanos13

This is what I've heard about where things stand right now:
*A George Michael song is NOT considered as an option for representing the island. It was an idea born during last summer but it died an early death. For some reason it still circulates.

*There are currently two separate projects in progress and once they reach conclusion the broadcaster will decide which one is more suitable.

If I find more I will let you know

Do you write for any website?

BluCactus

Cyprus will finish in top10 this year. They will crush Greece and DT's awful songs!
Although I understand your frustration with the so called dream team and their shenanigans against Cyprus I don't think you should see it like that

Mainshow

Veteran
I somehow dislike the dream nightmare team as well because most of their entries sound rather dated, non authentic and very calculated BUT this doesn´t mean that they can still come up with some bops or enjoyable entries. As long as a country doesn´t heavily rely on them, I think that there´s nothing wrong about giving them a chance (I can´t believe I´m actually saying this because I got really tired of them).

Personally, I think that "Last Dance" was quite refreshing (sound-wise). Would I have placed it inside the Top 10? - Definitely not! But I was really happy for Greece to finally get such a good result again and whenever "Last Dance" comes up in my playlist, I don´t skip it.

"This Is Love", however, was utterly horrendous and abysmal. I am still mad that the juries made this qualify over "Blackbird" which was such a quality entry: honest, authentic, pure and stunningly and hauntingly beautiful.

My problem with them is that they don´t really take ethnicity, artistry and authenticity into account. Their songs could be from anywhere and anyone BUT - there entries last year were quite enjoyable (Moldova and Greece) and they sounded very contemporary and current (which was a surprise to me). Maybe they will continue going that path for Greece again instead of tailoring horribly dated, cheesy and camp entries like Greece 2018, Russia 2019, Moldova 2020..who knows?

Anyway, I just hope that the rumor of Evangelia submitting HER OWN songs is true. There´s a lot of potential, imo, and if she can come up with something like "Fotia", it will be such a triumphant moment for Cyprus in Eurovision, imo.

stephanos13

RIK is still looking for a song and a singer for Turin!

I have a bad feeling about this, based on these comments from the joiurnalist in the video.

It seems RIK doesn't know what it wants for Eurovision this year. They are still looking for a song and after the song is chosen they will choose the artist.

He says most probably the artist will be from Panik Records. This seemed more like an educated guess rather than 100% sure thing.

Based on these comments Evangelia is out of the running.

Stan34

I watched it too and I'm kinda worried as well. They used to be in talks with Tamta early summer of 2018 (unless I'm wrong) and now they don't even know the artist nor the song.

By his comments it seems like they were planning for a ballad but couldn't find the appropriate singer so now they're betting on a dance pop song because it seems easier to find an artist? If the rumours about Stefanos Pitsiniagkas are true, I'm gonna be disappointed to say the least. That guy can't sing at all and his hit song is really bad.

BluCactus

The cypriot song has been decided and it will be ready by the end of the month. It's written by a famous cypriot composer + others and it's not a pop-dance song. The performer will be someone signed to Panik records and the song will be presented to the public in March

rasmuslights

Veteran
RIK is still looking for a song and a singer for Turin!

I have a bad feeling about this, based on these comments from the joiurnalist in the video.

It seems RIK doesn't know what it wants for Eurovision this year. They are still looking for a song and after the song is chosen they will choose the artist.

He says most probably the artist will be from Panik Records. This seemed more like an educated guess rather than 100% sure thing.

Based on these comments Evangelia is out of the running.

Evangelia is still from Panik Records tho. She signed with Sony and Panik is under Sony.

BluCactus

Evangelia is still from Panik Records tho. She signed with Sony and Panik is under Sony.
She recently said though in an interview that she would only do it with a song written by her. But since her songs were rejected by Ert it doesnt leave her many chances of representing Cyprus with one of those songs

DanielLuis

I watched it too and I'm kinda worried as well. They used to be in talks with Tamta early summer of 2018 (unless I'm wrong) and now they don't even know the artist nor the song.

By his comments it seems like they were planning for a ballad but couldn't find the appropriate singer so now they're betting on a dance pop song because it seems easier to find an artist? If the rumours about Stefanos Pitsiniagkas are true, I'm gonna be disappointed to say the least. That guy can't sing at all and his hit song is really bad.
So there's an actual chance the George Michael story was true?

Steph777

The cypriot song has been decided and it will be ready by the end of the month. It's written by a famous cypriot composer + others and it's not a pop-dance song. The performer will be someone signed to Panik records and the song will be presented to the public in March
Please, tell me if the song has ethnic sound ? :)

stephanos13

Famous Cypriot composer?

If it's only composer then George Theofanous.

If it's an artist that composes music as well as singing: Michalis Hatzigiannis, Giorgos Papadopoulos

Remember the rumors few months back with Hatzigiannis and Tania Breazou? :unsure:

You seem to have inside info. Can you say if some of the names in my post are true? hahaha :p

Mainshow

Veteran
The "Fotia" remix with Eleni Foureira has been released under Panik Records.... Maybe the chosen artist is indeed Evangelia? *fingers crossed*

Top Bottom