You can be my only one
Na-na-na-na-ni-aman

Ela, ela, ela
Ela, ela, ela​

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
9795s-spongebob.gif

It has arrived, the bop of the year xheat xheat I've been a fan of Andromachi ever since I've sent her song "To Feggari" to WorldVision here on the forum back in 2018. I wasn't sure what to expect from her Eurovision experience - except that it would be hot either way and deeply folky/ethnic - this is way boppier than I imagined it would be. Something like this is what I expected back in 2018 but we got Fuego (which was super hot too, but not very ...Greek?).

crashworld

Veteran
I thought it's OK? Somehow it just reminds me of a less aggressive version of Albania's song. Maybe it will grow on me. But on first listen, it's just there? Doesn't hit me and doesn't feels impactful enough. Giving it a :5:.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
In contrast to the Serbian winner which I did not like at all this song for Cyprus is just up my alley. Very catchy folk-pop of the kind I have always liked. Well done, Cyprus! 10 points from me.

EscGeek

Veteran
This sounds like every song in greek ever. I like it :lol:

It's a little bit hard to rank as i'm missing the oomph

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The quality is there for certain and it's pleasant. It's just nothing actually happens.. like absolutely nothing. It's super underwhelming and in a year full of bland, dreary songs I want more than this. I don't begrudge my time spent with Ela but it's impossible to get excited for the song as it's all so very much one level and it's not like it has a special atmosphere to make up for it. I don't think it's a bop at all. Bops aren't half asleep. I also don't think it's bad though. I think some might grab ahold of this tightly as we're so starved this year but I want better. This fails to catch my attention. Too flat. She even sounds disinterested whilst singing it.

More mid to add to an already big pile of mid, but hey, it's also the best mid of the bunch. Take a really generous :6: from me.

FilipFromSweden

ohh wow. Unlike MANY countries this year, Cyprus did not disappoint :10:

Sabrewulf238

It's a nice song but I do agree it feels like it needs something more to push it over the edge.....but I do quite like it overall. I'll give it a :7:.

Mrm

Veteran
Finally!!!!! What a beautiful Greek beat.. the way I like...what like??? LOVE! xlove xheart

I loved Greece 2018 so much, but she was quite weak live, unfortunatelly...

I hope this one won't be.. :) xpray

This beat drives me so much...I feel like I'm traveling through lovely Epirus in the early springg, all the way from Ionnina and Pindus mounatains down to medieaval Arta.. xlove xheart

Just confusing is the beginning, it starts like some Spanish Andalusian song.. lol :lol:

aef

This song starts quite interesting but has got poor progression. There are no highs and lows. Very mediocre. :5: points!

Iker

Veteran
It didn't quite knock me over but I think it's a decent track. The instrumental sounds cool, is very much to my liking and it's a different thing than typical entry from Cyprus. I wish she would amp up the power in her vocal more in certain parts of 'Ela'. This way I'd rate it higher. For now 7/12.

Last edited:

ESCRobinito

Quite enjoyable song. Typical cypriot song though, however there aren’t many songs of this type in the contest so far

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom