I gave it up, I gave it up, because
He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

pizzalover

If it is good rap artist then Im down with it...

For me, FY is by far one of the best but the quality of Greek rap songs is... not the best. I prefer too a Greek or Cypriot female pop singer but I think that'll made them a little repetitive

Mimmon

Veteran
For me, FY is by far one of the best but the quality of Greek rap songs is... not the best. I prefer too a Greek or Cypriot female pop singer but I think that'll made them a little repetitive
What about mixture of female pop singer and FY.... Would be risk but it can do well...

pizzalover

What about mixture of female pop singer and FY.... Would be risk but it can do well...

This is a great idea because (let's make up a duo of Helena and FY) they both have an incredible stage presence and they can definitely lift a song no matter how bad it is

Mimmon

Veteran
I see what you did there.

My personal preference would be for Ivi to come back for a 2nd time.
I don't mind it aswell.. I question of the song genre (which likely will be fuego mixture of la la love) and how fans will treat her if she is a Cyprus pick...

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Mentioning so many non-Cypriot artists is a shame for me as a Cypriot, knowing our music scene has so many good local artists.

I wouldn't mind an ethnic pop song again, and we have Cypriot artists who can perform it very well like:

Stella Kalli
Polina Christodoulou
Nikki Lee:
I would mention Nikki Ponte too, but she went back to Canada and she has a family, and she has no intense to come back to Greece/Cyprus from what I saw in her instagram page.

Something different and more international-style would be good as well:

Gabriella Metz
Metaxas
Freedom Candlemaker
Echo Wants Her Voice Back
Sophia Patsalides

I wouldn't mind a comeback of Eleftheria Eleftheriou or Loucas Yiorkas for Cyprus this time, and Ivi Adamou who was already mentioned.

I still wish (after so many years of wishing) to have a song composed by Costas Cacoyannis in ESC:
But this might be a wish for me for more and more years.

I'm happy that they learned from the mistake of choosing someone completely unknown to Cypriot audience with zero connections to Cyprus, and this time they will try something more local. A Greek singer who is famous in Cyprus would be OK, but I think it's fair to prefer someone who has at least some ties with Cyprus.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Mentioning so many non-Cypriot artists is a shame for me as a Cypriot, knowing our music scene has so many good local artists.

I wouldn't mind an ethnic pop song again, and we have Cypriot artists who can perform it very well like:

Stella Kalli
Polina Christodoulou
Nikki Lee:
I would mention Nikki Ponte too, but she went back to Canada and she has a family, and she has no intense to come back to Greece/Cyprus from what I saw in her instagram page.

Gabriella Metz
Metaxas
Freedom Candlemaker
Sophia Patsalides

I wouldn't mind a comeback of Eleftheria Eleftheriou or Loucas Yiorkas for Cyprus this time, and Ivi Adamou who was already mentioned.

I still wish (after so many years of wishing) to have a song composed by Costas Cacoyannis in ESC:

I'm happy that they learned from the mistake of choosing someone completely unknown to Cypriot audience with zero connections to Cyprus, and this time they will try something more local. A Greek singer who is famous in Cyprus would be OK, but I think it's fair to prefer someone who has at least some ties with Cyprus.

Stella Kalli xheat

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I forgot to mention Charis Savva that was mentioned by someone else above too, and Antigoni Katsiouri for something more quality, ethereal folky ballad.

Franzilein

So what did Sandro do again that he gets so much disdain thrown in his face? Stay classy ESC fandom, anything besides YAAAS KWEEN SLAYYY is too much for ya.

BlackFlamingo

Stella Kalli
Polina Christodoulou
Nikki Lee:

Gabriella Metz
Metaxas
Freedom Candlemaker
Sophia Patsalides

There's nothing wrong with most of the artists that you have mentioned except for one major issue. None of them are signed to a big record company that is willing to invest in them. And apparently Rik is interested in that because the record companies contribute to all expenses that are needed for the stage production. The bigger the name the bigger the cost.
Eurovision nowadays is not what it used to be.

Mimmon

Veteran
There's nothing wrong with most of the artists that you have mentioned except for one major issue. None of them are signed to a big record company that is willing to invest in them. And apparently Rik is interested in that because the record companies contribute to all expenses that are needed for the stage production. The bigger the name the bigger the cost.
Welcome BlackFlamingo to the forum xheart :)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
This is true for most of them, but Charis Savva and Ivi Adamou are signed in Panik records, the same record company with Eleni Foureira, Nikki Lee in D2E records, Stella Kalli in Spicy Records, Loucas Yiorkas and Eleftheria Eleftheriou in Cobalt records, Freedom Candlemaker in Inner Ear records.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Does anybody know if Eleni Era, the singer in the video below, is actually Eleni Irakleous, known in the fandom for her participation in the 2015 Cypriot national selection?

stephanos13

@CypriotGirl Stella Kalli and Polina are the best options from your list but both seem to be not active at the moment. It's been a few years since they released new songs.

Charis Savva on the other hand it's more possible because she is a "new" name.

- Stella kalli's last songs were released from Cobalt not Spicy.

Top Bottom