I gave it up, I gave it up, because
He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

stephanos13

She deserved much better but the running order was an istant killer. Look at the difference it did to Greece.

Anyway Elena was amazing.

soulm8

So underrated, such a shame! She did great!

stephanos13

We were screwed with the running order and we received more points with the juries rather than televote. SMH.

Last edited:

spinachpie

I don't think running order was the reason. I think San Marino, Azerbaijan, Serbia, Israel, Moldova, even perhaps Malta, all took points from each-other.

I hoped she would do better, but it's still a decent overall finish.

VikingTiger

I don't think running order was the reason. I think San Marino, Azerbaijan, Serbia, Israel, Moldova, even perhaps Malta, all took points from each-other.

I hoped she would do better, but it's still a decent overall finish.
Actually I think you are right here. So many female bops this year. And people have different favourites amongst these. That has also been reflected in this forum.
Azerbaijan and San Marino had great positions in the running order - but certainly did not manage to turn that into good results.

Preuss

I must admit, I became less and less confident as the rehearsals and semis went on regarding its chances. Thought it would be a top five, then a top ten, and then I just knew yesterday it wouldn't do all that well.

I really think the female uptempo songs benefit from a good running order, but Elena didn't do all that well in the semi either, so a better slot than #1 could've given her some more points, but not enough to make it into the top 10. It was a good effort though and I really liked this xlove

astatine86

I am absolutely sure that if she were to perform in the second hals, say 19-26, she would have scored much, much higher. The running order is cruel and that is an undeniable FACT.

0scar

I am absolutely sure that if she were to perform in the second hals, say 19-26, she would have scored much, much higher. The running order is cruel and that is an undeniable FACT.

Nah don't think so. She finished 6th in her semi while people were speculating about her winning semi 1, her vocals weren't that good in the final, so I guess she would have finished around 15th place as well, even if she performed in the second half of the final.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
İt was very strong final, otherwise no explanation how Elena ended worse then Tamta 😒

cegs5

Well, now that this is opening I can say this. This is the song with the most radio potential for young people. Some songs you should just release outside eurovision. Another Cascada.
I think it’d have been totally ignored by the radio and media if it were not played in Eurovision, so it was a good move to get the eurovision platform first.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
After I watched the final, I was sure we won't be in top 10. One reason was the running order, another was that it wasn't the year for pop music from female vocalist with 4 dancers, you can see that none of the songs of this type scored well. More or less, this year almost all ESC-style pop songs scored poorly. You can see only two pop songs in top 10, :mt: and :gr:, and the former was because it stood out as different compared to other pop songs, given the fact that the singer was plus size, very powerful voice, and catchy retro-style melody, and the latter because of the performance and not the song itself.

spinachpie

After I watched the final, I was sure we won't be in top 10. One reason was the running order, another was that it wasn't the year for pop music from female vocalist with 4 dancers, you can see that none of the songs of this type scored well. More or less, this year almost all ESC-style pop songs scored poorly. You can see only two pop songs in top 10, :mt: and :gr:, and the former was because it stood out as different compared to other pop songs, given the fact that the singer was plus size, very powerful voice, and catchy retro-style melody, and the latter because of the performance and not the song itself.

Greece did well because of the song and the singer. No way the performance. The performance was a shambles.

Yianna would have done well with better vocals, despite her shocking performance.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Greece did well because of the song and the singer. No way the performance. The performance was a shambles.

Yianna would have done well with better vocals, despite her shocking performance.
It was a mediocre song IMO, but the girl was very sweet and powerful in vocals and the performance was original and surprising. If she had the typical 4 dancers with nothing surprising like it had with invisible dancers and stairs, it would've been in #15 maximum.

crashworld

Veteran
Just a throwing a thought out there, do you think Cyprus has a potential of not doing that well as expected.
I mean qualification is highly likely, but people are raving that this may win the semi.

I mean looking at how Tamta did in 2019, similar catchy female uptempo and giving an similarly slick performance (vocals were questionable), but they didn't do that well with the televote (which usually this type of song is after) and they are in a less competitive semi.

I wonder if the general public is tired of Cyprus sending female uptempo and giving a polished-yet-sterile looking performance.

So in the end, my thoughts are not unfounded. Elena did worse than Tamta overall despite giving a better performance.
Opening the show may have hurt abit, but Elena came 6th in her semi, so she didn't do that well as we think.

spinachpie

So in the end, my thoughts are not unfounded. Elena did worse than Tamta overall despite giving a better performance.
Opening the show may have hurt abit, but Elena came 6th in her semi, so she didn't do that well as we think.

To be honest it was a very tough year. I'm surprised it didn't do better.

Look at where San Marino, Azerbaijan and Israel finished. Along with that, we had Moldova, Serbia, Malta, which all catered to the same market.

Malta finishing 7th and also doing badly with televotes, perhaps shows this too.

One thing I can't believe is Moldova finishing higher (or Sweden :sleep:). Maybe that incredible long note by Natalia was the difference :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom