I gave it up, I gave it up, because
He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

spinachpie

I ended up giving a vote to Cyprus after the Dutch commentator felt the need to mention it was a copy of lady Gaga, Rita Ora bablabla both before and after their performance. Meanwhile 10 min later the show had a whole section about Mans and his winning song “Lovers on the Sun”.

There was originally low level furore about Anywhere sounding like Bad Romance, which is why people now think it is a 'rip off' of Rita Ora. OH THE IRONY

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Those that are originally Cypriots probably can, the invaders and their descendants maybe not but they are not citizens so they shouldn’t be able to.
Actually the area that is not controlled by Cyprus' republic has different network, and whenever I'm on that part, my phone's network isn't working at all. So, I don't think Turkish Cypriots or any others while being on that part of the island is able to vote in Eurovision. But I'm not sure about areas that are close to the borders, like Nicosia.

tsegaye

I love exactly everything about this entry, but I can't get over the fact that I find her singing kind of... Irritating. It's not that she doesn't hit the notes, she hits the very well to be fair, but it's the enunciation and accentuation of the notes that bugs me. The studio version is much better here, but the visual experience almost weighs it up. However, this feels like a clear top 10-contender, right now i'd guess around 8th.

Ezio

Veteran
Actually the area that is not controlled by Cyprus' republic has different network, and whenever I'm on that part, my phone's network isn't working at all. So, I don't think Turkish Cypriots or any others while being on that part of the island is able to vote in Eurovision. But I'm not sure about areas that are close to the borders, like Nicosia.
I have been in both of party of Cyprus but I don't remember anything about mobile networks, but I am pretty sure that Turkish Cypriots cannot vote.

Passing the checkpoint and arriving in North Nicosia was quite shocking. Suddenly I felt like I am in the Middle East. Kyrenia was quite nice though.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I have been in both of party of Cyprus but I don't remember anything about mobile networks, but I am pretty sure that Turkish Cypriots cannot vote.

Passing the checkpoint and arriving in North Nicosia was quite shocking. Suddenly I felt like I am in the Middle East. Kyrenia was quite nice though.
If they have Cypriot numbers and are in area that Cypriot mobile network is available, they could vote. There are some that live in this part too. In the other part, Cypriot network is blocked. I have signal only in places close to borders, like the beach in front of abandoned hotels of Famagusta.

Ianp16

I think that a more simplified performance replicating the video with her doing acrobatics on the floor would have been much more iconic, unique and interesting. Was not expecting the direction the performance took with such a rigid and generic dance routine.

In fact, most performances of the night could have done with a little more simplification to create a bit more impact (Ireland, Romania and Ukraine).

A-lister

Veteran
I think that a more simplified performance replicating the video with her doing acrobatics on the floor would have been much more iconic, unique and interesting. Was not expecting the direction the performance took with such a rigid and generic dance routine.

In fact, most performances of the night could have done with a little more simplification to create a bit more impact (Ireland, Romania and Ukraine).

Ukraine basically went viral after their performance (and probably won the televote), so I wouldn't say it wasn't impactful quite the contrary and definitely not in the same group as the mess Ireland and Romania created live :lol:

Ianp16

Ukraine basically went viral after their performance (and probably won the televote), so I wouldn't say it wasn't impactful quite the contrary and definitely not in the same group as the mess Ireland and Romania created live :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I liked Ukraine's performance. I was just expecting something a little more avante garde and simple than the trees (which seemed so out of place) and the light up rings (no idea what they were doing) and the bags of rice (????). Like, the churning milk pots on Poland 2014 made sense but the rice sacks? I'm sure it relates to the song but it was just a bit too much.

DanielLuis

I love exactly everything about this entry, but I can't get over the fact that I find her singing kind of... Irritating. It's not that she doesn't hit the notes, she hits the very well to be fair, but it's the enunciation and accentuation of the notes that bugs me. The studio version is much better here, but the visual experience almost weighs it up. However, this feels like a clear top 10-contender, right now i'd guess around 8th.
I felt the same way actually, something was off about her singing yesterday

A-lister

Veteran
Don't get me wrong, I liked Ukraine's performance. I was just expecting something a little more avante garde and simple than the trees (which seemed so out of place) and the light up rings (no idea what they were doing) and the bags of rice (????). Like, the churning milk pots on Poland 2014 made sense but the rice sacks? I'm sure it relates to the song but it was just a bit too much.

I dunno, I think Ukraine is an example when you can have an effective and elaborated staging, Ireland the opposite...

It relates to the song though, "Shum" is a mystical folklore thingy and then the rave party on top of it to make it trippy so I think in that context it does work... the whole thing is trippy...

What countries need to learn (and that Ukraine mastered) is that a stage show needs to make sense for the entry, it can even be over-the-top, but it needs be right for the specific entry...

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

VikingTiger

What countries need to learn (and that Ukraine mastered) is that a stage show needs to make sense for the entry, it can even be over-the-top, but it needs be right for the specific entry...

YES! xclap

The song and the staging needs to give the viewers a sense of coherence.
Manizha's russian "doll-costume" was brilliant. Ukraine's staging fit the vibe of the song so well!
It's now proven that even angel wings can work in the Eurovision (even though I know LOTS of eurofans found TIX's staging off-putting).
Elena's stage? I absolutely LOVED it! The red and black made the stage a bit dark (and I tend to like dark staging) - but worked perfectly with the song title.

crashworld

Veteran
but I can't get over the fact that I find her singing kind of... Irritating. It's not that she doesn't hit the notes, she hits the very well to be fair, but it's the enunciation and accentuation of the notes that bugs me.

I agree. I think there is something with the tonality of her vocals. She borderlines sounds like she is on helium. But I am still pretty impressed she is able to sound decent and keep up with a routine.

Milos-BC

Everything was well done here. The staging, the choreography.........I believe she ended in top 3 and is already a serious contender for top 10 in the final as well.

Gogerko

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lyrics, copy-paste melody and the final part of the staging. Nevertheless, she was full of confidence, vocally on point and put a great show. It's a top 10 for sure.

NeoTen

Well, now that this is opening I can say this. This is the song with the most radio potential for young people. Some songs you should just release outside eurovision. Another Cascada.

Top Bottom