Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I agree with this completely, but also such viewers rarely do vote.
Who vote in Eurovision will always remain biggest mistery for me, because i never saw in my life someone who is not a fan voting there

spinachpie

She is actually about to surpass Gjon’s…Interesting
It's just crazy how the odds have flipped. Swiss were favourites at one point during rehearsals. Now they are 6th. If you have been looking at the odds, Cyprus seems to be the only one which hasn't lengthened and just kept on shortening.

They've been practising for around 6 months apparently, so no wonder the performance was polished from the start.

Cyprus now up to 5th favourites in the odds, overtaking Switzerland

Last edited:

stephanos13

Cyprus will finish the day Top 5 in the odds.

Compared to 2018 at the same time, Eleni was in 6th position with the same odds. The only difference was Eleni at the time was underestimated before the rehearsals.The trajectory has been the same since the beginning of the rehearsals.

Will Elena continue in the same trajectory? Well we have only few days to find out.

Cyprus is so far the most viewed 2nd rehearsal on Youtube.

That seems kind of natural for Cyprus. If you look at tellystats for 2019, Cyprus had 246k views after 24h. Greece was 2nd in this semi with 189k. Then comes Australia with 131k and from here on its mostly 1 or 2k difference to the next place.

Norway was only 9th place when you look at rehearsal views in semi 2 (it was even 13th place when looking at 1st rehearsal). So I wouldnt read too much into these stats.

Citelis

That seems kind of natural for Cyprus. If you look at tellystats for 2019, Cyprus had 246k views after 24h.
You are right on that and the result was a major flop on t/v for Cyprus in 2019 but i think and hope that this is not the case this year. Cyprus is coming strong!

VikingTiger

So - finally I did upgrade a song to 12points this year. I cant get this out of my head. And the rehearsals look so da... good!!
I am still unsure, but as of today Cyprus is my number 1 this year. Sorry Albina... sorry Barbara...

watersoup

Ok but am I the only one who doesn't immediately hear the Bad Romance resemblance? A couple notes before the chorus perhaps?

I just listened for the first time, and had to spend a few minutes deciding which old Gaga track it reminded me of and landed on Alejandro. So me too, I guess.

Last edited:

spinachpie

I just listened for the first time, and had to spend a few minutes deciding which old Gaga track it reminded me of and landed on Alejandro. So me too, I guess.

I think a lot of people said it copied both Bad Romance and Anywhere by Rita Ora. The reason they say 'Anywhere' by Rita Ora is because the chorus of Anywhere, in fact, sounds very similar to Bad Romance.

Therefore, criticising Elena for the song being similar to Anywhere, whilst Anywhere, sounds similar to Bad Romance, is ever so slightly hypocritical.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
I mean the song was supposed to be performed by the drag queen Oxa who co-wrote the song. Gaga's sound is very loved within gay culture and Gaga's inspirations, especially early in her career, came from queer/drag culture.
It's influenced by the Fame Monster era but a straight up rip off of Bad Romance? I don't think. It stands on its own enough. And its a tragedy it isn't performed as it was planned. (Elena is a great performer tho. But Oxa is the missing context to make it make sense.)

Top Bottom