Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I mean I believe artists can express their feelings as long as they are not in Salvador levels of THIS IS NOT REAL MUSIC!!!!!!! and such

But would I ever miss the chance to hate on overrated generic sad boi with an unbearable piano ballad and his insufferable voice? Not at all xqueenbitch

0scar

No need to be this protective of Duncan, agree his remark wasn't his to give, and recently I found him being on a high horse as well xshrug I really liked him during his time in Tel Aviv and still love Arcade but I'm not really a fan of him anymore. Do not dislike him either.

Back on-topic, I found her rehearsal clip rather underwhelming, but qualification seems locked for :cy:.

spinachpie

In her press conference, one of the questions was 'Were you inspired by Lady Gaga with your performance?'.

One of the writers responded by saying, 'as one of the writers, I can say definitely, because one of the writers has written for Lady Gaga, so there is a natural connection to her sound and the sound of this song, and there is a lot of differences too'.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I've just seen on Spotify that Panik Records has released Elena's debut album, which is a compilation that includes "El Diablo" and her older released songs.

Mainshow

Veteran
Duncan's comment was so uncalled for.

Seriously, since he got engaged, he turned into such an a..... I mean, he was quite a down-to-earth guy, in my opinion, and at his concerts, he came up with so many great songs which didn't end up on his debut album (he even had a song which could have ended up on a Pink Floyd album) but dunno, it seems he's trying to be very artsy-fartsy, artistic and indie (all the new songs co-written by his fiancé are a snoozefest). I think he has lost his spark and his manners, it seems...OF COURSE, everyone can and should be able to express their opinion but he is the current winner of Eurovision and should've known better. Actually, I think it's totally alright to mention a few favourites of yours but coming up with a statement like "38 entries can win but not XY" is such a low move...it's borderline bullying, in my opinion, since he was deliberately throwing shade at one song in particular... especially when he's totally mistaken... "El Diablo" does not sound like that Swedish C-list. Gosh.

I'm so mad at him for expressing his uncalled opinion like this. He was my favourite back in 2019, I attended his concert, bought his EP and debut album and even though, I still like his music, I'm quite disappointed by his statement.

Elena doesn't deserve this.

A-lister

Veteran
I don't really expect originality in Eurovision (although it's highly welcomed if done right), and most songs aren't very original anyways, but there is a difference between that and so blatantly copy a specific artist and sound as this one does.

This is not a bad song per se (although I find it one of the weaker female bops this year), but it would be very odd if something that literary sounds like a 2009- Gaga demo ends up winning Eurovision in 2021... the sound is way too close in time to feel retro or a nod, which it could be if it would be entering in Eurovision 2029, now it is just a rip-off sound.

But then again Ava Max had a quite decent success with doing the same thing, so I guess there is a public out there for it that is really longing for early Gaga to come back.

Oh well, still prefer this than some of the others in the current odds top. 10 so yeah, it could be worse of course.

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
Yeah of course I know that it is not the most diplomatic or nice way, but I also think that it's not AS TERRIBLE as everyone state.
Sometimes people have opinion you can or cannot agree to (and I'm talking here about musical opinions, not more serious affairs).
The comment was not terrible, and he might have a right to state his opinion. But on the context of him being a Eurovision winner, his opinion matters more and will be a talking point for the public. And he did it in the wrong place, the wrong time.

Top Bottom