He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
The outfit surely was awful and did not work in her favor. But I also think the song was only fine and lacked impact for a show like Eurovision. At least I was laying Cyprus for semi top 3 that year long before rehearsals started.
Yup, the song of Tamta was not that good. Not as strong as 'Fuego'. But 13th overall seems much lower than what people expected soon after its release.

What disappointing result? 13th is pretty good. Look at how Cyprus usually does. :lol:

I think the "swiss Fuego" (sorrynotsorry):mrgreen: was just more televote friendly... that's all.

We have to look very far back to find a year Cyprus did worse with televoters. 54 points in a not so strong semi-final. 32 of those points came from Georgia, Greece and San Marino.

In the final she only received 32 points in total. 12 from Greece, 12 from Georgia, 7 points from San Marino and 1 from UK.
If we subtract the greek/georgian connection and the generated vote from San Marino, only a single point remains. If this wasnt a flop with televoters, I dont know what else is.

EscGeek

Veteran
We have to look very far back to find a year Cyprus did worse with televoters. 54 points in a not so strong semi-final. 32 of those points came from Georgia, Greece and San Marino.

In the final she only received 32 points in total. 12 from Greece, 12 from Georgia, 7 points from San Marino and 1 from UK.
If we subtract the greek/georgian connection and the generated vote from San Marino, only a single point remains. If this wasnt a flop with televoters, I dont know what else is.
Okay, 9th in the semi for a song like that was not good enough.
But can you imagine how bad Slovenia would've been if we were to remove all of the freebie points from ex-yu?:eek:

2004 - 0 points in the semi
2009 - 2 points in the semi
2010 - 1 point in the semi
2012 - 4 points in the semi
2013 - 0 points in the semi
2014 - 0 points in the final
2016 - 1 televote point in the semi
2018 - 0 televote points in the final

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Another reason as to why televoting needs to be abolished completely: it's unacceptable that a song with such a big commercial and mainstream appeal as "Replay" is bound to be ignored because that pathetic bunch of lifeless loners known as "the televoters" prefer stereotyped, dated songs like "Storm" or "Say na na na" instead. Thankfully the Professional Juries rightly saw through it and restored a bit of justice. Hopefully Elena won't get the same treatment.

Preuss

Tamta flopped so hard and literally got a single point from the televote, rip
I don't think she would've deserved to flop that badly though, 13th is respectable but point-wise she was far far far far far away from reaching the top ten

I listened to replay today actually and it's such a bop, song-wise I prefer it to Fuego

Preuss

Are there other people around here who think that one of the reasons behind the disappointing result for Tamta in 2019 was that she looked like a ... hooker on stage? For me that look was vulgar and did not fit the song.

The staging was bland and poor, that's why

Jopi

I LOVE Replay (it was in my top5), like it even better than Fuego, but for God sake.. She really looked like a hooker.. and everything was just really badly staged... Her outfit, the (non)dancing, her singing and that cheap 'replay' effect on camera.. Jesus it looked like it's a bad signal in Tel Aviv.

Serena00

Another reason as to why televoting needs to be abolished completely: it's unacceptable that a song with such a big commercial and mainstream appeal as "Replay" is bound to be ignored because that pathetic bunch of lifeless loners known as "the televoters" prefer stereotyped, dated songs like "Storm" or "Say na na na" instead. Thankfully the Professional Juries rightly saw through it and restored a bit of justice. Hopefully Elena won't get the same treatment.
Is this a sarcasm? Usually fans want to abolish jury voting :)

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Is this a sarcasm? Usually fans want to abolish jury voting :)

No, not at all! My rants against televoting are not a new thing, I wrote about it a lot here in this forum. It's time to update my signature again, then. I'm also outside the "fans" bubble, I follow Eurovision with a more critical/musical approach actually

Preuss

If she got Switzerland's staging, the result would've looked so much different from her though and Cyprus would've succeeded in bringing Replay after Fuego, which could've been quite epic

Realest

Tamta doesnt have the Superstar Qualities like Luca.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

tararaaam

Tamta doesnt have the Superstar Qualities like Luca.
Well Tamta may not be a huge talent, but Luca having Superstar Qualities is a bit hilarious. What we saw in 2019 was SJB making sure her new client is satisfied, and that inevitably meant Cyprus was forgotten a bit.

I also totally agree that Estonia and San Marino scoring higher was simply ridiculous, considering that at least Replay was a really catchy pop song, catchier than Fuego actually.

Top Bottom