He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Isn’t the Fuego discussion dead yet? I mean, the fact the Switzerland got almost zero criticism in 2019, while Cyprus got heavily bashed, shows how silly this discussion is...

Shitzerland 2019 was performed by a man, and we all know that whenever a man sings any song, everybody shuts the f**k up, something that doesn't happen when a woman performs the same kind of song.

It goes more or less like this, all the time:

Female songs: *exist*

Eurofans: OmG hOrRiBlE!1!1!!!!1!11

Male songs: *are the worst songs ever recorded*

Eurofans: OmG mAsTeRpIeCe!1!!!!!11!!!11

Mimmon

Veteran
I know the comparing to Fuego is bad example but after that description it was first thing what poped up in my mind which is kinda sad. I still prefer La La Love rather than ''fuego'' wannabes (cough Cyprus 2019 and Switzerland 2019) but still....

Btw I hope the staging will be nothing like the Fuego and be original

Jopi

Still don't get why every female or in Luca's case male, fast song gets compered to Fuego.. For God Sake.. There is the entire musical industry based on fast fun bangers... And yet, somehow the comparasment always finishes with 'LIKE FUEGO'.....

Preuss

Who's comparing every fast song to Fuego? Replay and She Got Me were compared because they were blatantly similar, and then Switzerland's staging was basically Fuego with some changes. If this ain't a clear case of something being blatantly similar to a previous entry then Sweden's not been sending entries following the same pattern the last years at all xthink

DanielLuis

Obviously I can't judge the staging yet because I have absolutely no ideat what they'll be making.
But, song-wise "El Diablo" as a totally diferent feel to "Fuego"

crashworld

Veteran
I thought we have already established that "El Diablo" is a Lady Gaga's "Bad Romamce" rip-off? Lol.

But the way they described the staging concept just screams like they are going to go all fired up like "Fuego" or "She Got Me". But it makes sense since the devil comes from hell.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
El Diablo sucks and is boring.

And also borderline racist with its awwwwwful stereotypical lyrics. ZOMG LATINOSPEAK SO SEDUCTIVE. fuck off, Laurel.

I hope it flops. :) However, I sincerely wish Elena the best possible life outside of ESC, free from crazy-ass zealots and talentless songwriters alike.

spinachpie

El Diablo sucks and is boring.

And also borderline racist with its awwwwwful stereotypical lyrics. ZOMG LATINOSPEAK SO SEDUCTIVE. fuck off, Laurel.

I hope it flops. :) However, I sincerely wish Elena the best possible life outside of ESC, free from crazy-ass zealots and talentless songwriters alike.

Racist? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Which lyric in particular is racist? And since when is it a stereotype that Latinos speak seductively? And who in Zeus' name would be offended by this, even if this crazy statement were true?

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Racist? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Which lyric in particular is racist? And since when is it a stereotype that Latinos speak seductively? And who in Zeus' name would be offended by this, even if this crazy statement were true?

Don't give its posts too much of an importance, they don't make much sense generally xx

spinachpie

Who's comparing every fast song to Fuego? Replay and She Got Me were compared because they were blatantly similar, and then Switzerland's staging was basically Fuego with some changes. If this ain't a clear case of something being blatantly similar to a previous entry then Sweden's not been sending entries following the same pattern the last years at all xthink

You think She Got Me is also similar to Fuego now??

Please don't tell me it's not because:

1. The colour was red? o_Oo_O (a very rarely used colour - blood, love hearts, the devil, strawberries, COCA COLA :eek: )
  2. The number of dancers being 4? And they were all dancing... at... the SAME TIME? Noooooo. Michael Jackson would be turning in his grave.
  3. The tempo of the song? I must admit that Cher's song, Believe, sounds exactly like Fuego/She Got Me, too.
  4. Or the 'ethnic' sounding part? Greece, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Iran, Armenia, etc must be claiming plagiarism against it any day now...

Preuss

Look, it’s impossible to not draw comparisons because they’re so similar. I’m certainly not the only one who thinks so

DenizESC

Banned
sis it's literally a trope

Thanks for this video, I think it clears a lot up about how these types of lyrics might make Latin Americans like yourself especially think... Those kinds of stereotypes should end, it's literally so annoying I can confirm for myself as well. People are so quick to be defensive about this though which I totally don't understand, are all of y'all Latin Americans now suddenly.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The entire premise of she got me WAS "Fuego, But This Time It's A Boy"'. Only INCREDIBLY STUPID PEOPLE don't see this obvious play.

Ianp16

Shitzerland 2019 was performed by a man, and we all know that whenever a man sings any song, everybody shuts the f**k up, something that doesn't happen when a woman performs the same kind of song.

It goes more or less like this, all the time:

Female songs: *exist*

Eurofans: OmG hOrRiBlE!1!1!!!!1!11

Male songs: *are the worst songs ever recorded*

Eurofans: OmG mAsTeRpIeCe!1!!!!!11!!!11

source.gif

I can sincerely say that I think this isn't the case. At all.

Top Bottom