I gave it up, I gave it up, because
He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingTiger

What countries need to learn (and that Ukraine mastered) is that a stage show needs to make sense for the entry, it can even be over-the-top, but it needs be right for the specific entry...

YES! xclap

The song and the staging needs to give the viewers a sense of coherence.
Manizha's russian "doll-costume" was brilliant. Ukraine's staging fit the vibe of the song so well!
It's now proven that even angel wings can work in the Eurovision (even though I know LOTS of eurofans found TIX's staging off-putting).
Elena's stage? I absolutely LOVED it! The red and black made the stage a bit dark (and I tend to like dark staging) - but worked perfectly with the song title.

crashworld

Veteran
but I can't get over the fact that I find her singing kind of... Irritating. It's not that she doesn't hit the notes, she hits the very well to be fair, but it's the enunciation and accentuation of the notes that bugs me.

I agree. I think there is something with the tonality of her vocals. She borderlines sounds like she is on helium. But I am still pretty impressed she is able to sound decent and keep up with a routine.

Milos-BC

Everything was well done here. The staging, the choreography.........I believe she ended in top 3 and is already a serious contender for top 10 in the final as well.

Gogerko

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lyrics, copy-paste melody and the final part of the staging. Nevertheless, she was full of confidence, vocally on point and put a great show. It's a top 10 for sure.

NeoTen

Well, now that this is opening I can say this. This is the song with the most radio potential for young people. Some songs you should just release outside eurovision. Another Cascada.

stephanos13

She deserved much better but the running order was an istant killer. Look at the difference it did to Greece.

Anyway Elena was amazing.

soulm8

So underrated, such a shame! She did great!

stephanos13

We were screwed with the running order and we received more points with the juries rather than televote. SMH.

Last edited:

spinachpie

I don't think running order was the reason. I think San Marino, Azerbaijan, Serbia, Israel, Moldova, even perhaps Malta, all took points from each-other.

I hoped she would do better, but it's still a decent overall finish.

VikingTiger

I don't think running order was the reason. I think San Marino, Azerbaijan, Serbia, Israel, Moldova, even perhaps Malta, all took points from each-other.

I hoped she would do better, but it's still a decent overall finish.
Actually I think you are right here. So many female bops this year. And people have different favourites amongst these. That has also been reflected in this forum.
Azerbaijan and San Marino had great positions in the running order - but certainly did not manage to turn that into good results.

Preuss

I must admit, I became less and less confident as the rehearsals and semis went on regarding its chances. Thought it would be a top five, then a top ten, and then I just knew yesterday it wouldn't do all that well.

I really think the female uptempo songs benefit from a good running order, but Elena didn't do all that well in the semi either, so a better slot than #1 could've given her some more points, but not enough to make it into the top 10. It was a good effort though and I really liked this xlove

astatine86

I am absolutely sure that if she were to perform in the second hals, say 19-26, she would have scored much, much higher. The running order is cruel and that is an undeniable FACT.

0scar

I am absolutely sure that if she were to perform in the second hals, say 19-26, she would have scored much, much higher. The running order is cruel and that is an undeniable FACT.

Nah don't think so. She finished 6th in her semi while people were speculating about her winning semi 1, her vocals weren't that good in the final, so I guess she would have finished around 15th place as well, even if she performed in the second half of the final.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
İt was very strong final, otherwise no explanation how Elena ended worse then Tamta 😒

Top Bottom