I gave it up, I gave it up, because
He tells me I'm his angel, I'm his angel
Oh-oh-oh, el diablo, el diablo, oh-oh
I fell in love, I fell in love
I gave my heart to el diablo, el diablo

El diablo​

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas123

It wasn't like he was fan of Eleni either.

What's up with recent winners that want to let us know which songs they don't want to win Eurovision.
Be grateful than you won and stfu.

Haha true. The top-2 that year being fast food music. His worst nightmare. But he acted like a true gentleman when he handed the trophy to Netta, i'll give him that! :lol:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Haha true. The top-2 that year being fast food music. His worst nightmare. But he acted like a true gentleman when he handed the trophy to Netta, i'll give him that! :lol:
İ would say his song was more fast food because people ate it and forgot fast, cant say about Fuego for example which didnt even win but 3 years later still being talked and remembered

spinachpie

Hold on is he on the jury for France?

"I only heard a few because I was on the jury in France and because they sent me too. But I didn't have much time to dive into it. I heard "The whole universe" from Gjon's Tears for Switzerland, because my producer worked on that song."

Conflict of interest Imo. I really don't like juries though. Doesn't reflect what people like. Or give them an even lower percentage of the votes.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Hold on is he on the jury for France?

"I only heard a few because I was on the jury in France and because they sent me too. But I didn't have much time to dive into it. I heard "The whole universe" from Gjon's Tears for Switzerland, because my producer worked on that song."

Conflict of interest Imo. I really don't like juries though. Doesn't reflect what people like. Or give them an even lower percentage of the votes.
He was in jury in France NF this year

spinachpie

He was in jury in France NF this year
I see. Anyway wasn't the Zara Larrson comments about her video and not her songs?

I get confused because she 'copied' Zara, Lady Gaga, Rita Ora, and whoever else.

Almost as if other artists like justin timerlake, Usher, Chris Brown, etc didn't make whole careers emulating michael jackson.

tararaaam

The snobbism at its finest. I would expect people that have been in the contest to respect everyones effort, regardless how good or bad it is.

P.S.1. Does he really think he is more unique?
P.S.2. I never really adored this song, but it's staging does stand out.

Stan34

Damn.. did the Tiktok fame get to his head? That was weirdly shady of him.

spinachpie

The thing is, Elena is such a warm and friendly person, that these kinds of attacks feel especially awful.

HayashiM

Veteran
I see. Anyway wasn't the Zara Larrson comments about her video and not her songs?

I get confused because she 'copied' Zara, Lady Gaga, Rita Ora, and whoever else.

Almost as if other artists like justin timerlake, Usher, Chris Brown, etc didn't make whole careers emulating michael jackson.

No offense, I think Elena is very likeable and I find the song quite enjoyable (bar the smurfsounds), certainly one of the better ones this year.

However, there is no need for those single quotes in 'copied'. Just play El Diablo's chorus and then follow with Bad Romance's one. It's literally the same thing, just with a slightly altered ending.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wow, careful Duncan. Remember Salvador trashing Netta's song? You know how this ended. :mrgreen:

Woah yes. Nicosia 2022, get ready guys. Duncan has made it so. xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

You expected him to beat her down with it and run of stage with it? :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Actually it's ironic he comes out with something like that when his song is neither unqiue or new, male lead ballads are 10 a penny in the charts, not to mention Eurovision. :lol:

Nicholas123

Actually it's ironic he comes out with something like that when his song is neither unqiue or new, male lead ballads are 10 a penny in the charts, not to mention Eurovision. :lol:
Yeah. And irregardless to this, i don't find it classy to express such a bitchy opinion about one of his possible successors. It feels wrong.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
And Duncan copied [insert random maudlin indie pop guy with falsetto voice here]. Can't really be knocking Elena for supposedly sounding like someone else when your own shtick isn't exactly original. I've heard Arcade about 245 times already competing under different names in our very own forum contests over the years. So much so was I already drowned in that particular depressive yet anthemic sound that the first time I heard Duncan's entry I said "this feels exactly like a WorldVision winner." Someone's grown a little bit of an ego there over the past couple of years. El Diablo winning would be no different than a song winning that takes absolutely everything from the sad indie pop guy 101 handbook.

Mrm

Veteran
And Duncan copied [insert random maudlin indie pop guy with falsetto voice here]. Can't really be knocking Elena for supposedly sounding like someone else when your own shtick isn't exactly original. I've heard Arcade about 245 times already competing under different names in our very own forum contests over the years. So much so was I already drowned in that particular depressive yet anthemic sound that the first time I heard Duncan's entry I said "this feels exactly like a WorldVision winner." Someone's grown a little bit of an ego there over the past couple of years. El Diablo winning would be no different than a song winning that takes absolutely everything from the sad indie pop guy 101 handbook.
RainyWoods fell in love, he fell in love
He gave his heart to el diablo, el diablo
He gave it up, he gave it up
Because he tells him he’s an angel, he’s an angel! xmusic xmusic xmusic

Top Bottom