5 5.5%

8 8.8%

9 9.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Cyprus-scaled.jpg

stephanos13

Welp... we had a nice run guys. The streak will be over.

Hopefully will come back stronger next year because it seems this year they didn't even care to bother.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The song has potential. It needs to be louder. Bolder. Riskier. The way it sounds now, it's like background music when you get out of the dancefloor to go buy a drink.

Actually this describes it perfectly. It has potential to be something great, but it's just... not. It does feel like background music. Maybe live it will look more impressive (although imo Tamta was a huge let down Live compared to the studio).

Mrm

Veteran
Well, it really is very weak... :(
But the positive thing for me is I like it a bit more than 2018 and 2019 which were really low on my lists..still I cant give more than 3 in the poll...
I have a feeling he will use some gimmics in Rotterdam to try save it somehow...

Kruto

They need to dial down the autotune, or was that really a necessity because his voice is too weak?

randajad

Veteran
My first thought: thank you jesus its not some 'bless am so emotion with my guitar, hipster hat and slow love ballad teen girls come at me'.

I like it, it definitely exceeds my expectations, but i find it so ordinary and a bit basic. Even if it is a very radio friendly song, reminds me of some of our music. Of the back of Eleni and Tamta it feels like a step down though. Idk how competitive this going to be semi 1. I need more listens but atm im feeling very middle of the road.
Since the poll is on, I gave it a 5 and I have nothing more to add than this. :lol:

Chrisiam

Its fine, it truly is fine. I can't really fault the song in and of itself; it sounds fresh, it sounds contemporary, it as a nice summery edge to it and it wouldn't feel out of place playing in just about any student bar I have ever been to. It gets the pass, it gets the grade, it does the job as far as baseline quality goes.

But, the truth is, well, what does one do with this track?

As I say, the song in and of itself is fine, great. But outside of that? Well, what can really be done to make it stand out? Make people sit up and take notice of it? And, more pertinently remember it?

Other songs like this in the contest you can make alterations to the song itself, you can do interesting things with the staging, the singer can belt out the lyrics like their lives depend on it.

With this one? What does one do? Its a dance track. And one that doesn't lend itself really to dancing. It has smooth vocals, pleasant vocals, but not ones that can be made bolder and more engaging without changing the function and form of the itself.

Moldova, Estonia, The United Kingdom, Croatia, even France, like their songs or not but you can do things to them to enhance the live performances. With this one? Anything too radical and it practically becomes a whole new song, and one that might not even work with changes made to it.

I can't lie, I like it, when its on I'll enjoy it, but I can't see it doing well in the semi, let alone the final. Still, a solid 5. I've heard worse but there is so much better this year.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
fyi, I gave it 6 points (almost 7) because i'm intrigued by how it will be live, and i've given songs I dislike more 5 and I do like it, just not hyped.

Mainshow

Veteran
:4: for this half-baked idea.
The beat should have been dirtier, punchier, the melosy more memorable and parts of the production sounds slightly off (especially the built-up to the chorus). Also, Sandro's voice is basically non-existing.

Remembrance

Nah...

Doesn't do anything for me. I don't dislike it, but it is rather bland.

Anyway, good luck, Cyprus :)

Alaska49

they took my heart is refusing me and put it in some underwhelming british EDM clothes hoping nobody would notice. we noticed and i am not impressed.

my heart is refusing me is too good of a source for me to deny this too much though. 6 points.

Loindici

Veteran
:0:

Sorry not sorry

Top Bottom