15 8.7%

2 1.2%

12 6.9%

3 1.7%

14 8.1%

• Total voters

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I liked Cyprus very much. One of my favourites this year. I would listen to Cyprus and The Netherlands for a loong time :-)

crashworld

Veteran
SJB should be fired from the get go. The staging did nothing for the song to be honest.
But Tamta didn't live up to expectations vocally and the overall presentation.
After the first rehearsal, I knew this isn't going to do that well, a top 10 finish at best. I even predicted it to end somewhere between 11-15 pre-final show.
Getting 15th overall seems sort of OK to be honest.

Preuss

SJB should be fired from the get go. The staging did nothing for the song to be honest.
But Tamta didn't live up to expectations vocally and the overall presentation.
After the first rehearsal, I knew this isn't going to do that well, a top 10 finish at best. I even predicted it to end somewhere between 11-15 pre-final show.
Getting 15th overall seems sort of OK to be honest.

I mean something went terrible wrong considering the televote points Switzerland got compared to Tamta, and those are songs that should appeal to the same people. Also Eleni did well last year with a "the same song" so something went terrible wrong. But this is classy SJB, isn't it? Getting one of her acts right? xshrug Although this year I thought she'd be able to "balance" it out more considering that "Replay" and "She Got Me" are pretty similar songs but guess I was wrong :?

If Sacha only worked with Cyprus this year I'm sure she'd take some of the work she did for Luca and insert it in Tamta's performance instead, but no, since she worked with both she clearly contrasted her work with the "blue" theme for Tamta and the "red" theme for Luca which affected Tamta's performance, I'm afraid.

Edit; and I don't want to hear anything about the vocals as it's not the main reason why Tamta didn't do well considering the vocal performances of Luca and Eleni. Staging let it down and Tamta didn't deserve that

A-lister

Veteran
I mean something went terrible wrong considering the televote points Switzerland got compared to Tamta, and those are songs that should appeal to the same people. Also Eleni did well last year with a "the same song" so something went terrible wrong. But this is classy SJB, isn't it? Getting one of her acts right? xshrug Although this year I thought she'd be able to "balance" it out more considering that "Replay" and "She Got Me" are pretty similar songs but guess I was wrong :?

If Sacha only worked with Cyprus this year I'm sure she'd take some of the work she did for Luca and insert it in Tamta's performance instead, but no, since she worked with both she clearly contrasted her work with the "blue" theme for Tamta and the "red" theme for Luca which affected Tamta's performance, I'm afraid.

Edit; and I don't want to hear anything about the vocals as it's not the main reason why Tamta didn't do well considering the vocal performances of Luca and Eleni. Staging let it down and Tamta didn't deserve that

Yeah, you have a point... as a song this is miles above Luca, and also vocally it wasn't worse... the staging was problematic, although I don't think the Swiss staging was particularly good either, it was just more energetic...

I think also Tamta, unlike Eleni, isn't really the right pick for this type of entry which is why they tried to go for a more "slick sexy performance" rather than full-force like last year....

Preuss

So let's see what Cyprus sends next year... Will the continue this route or go for a new one?

A-lister

Veteran
So let's see what Cyprus sends next year... Will the continue this route or go for a new one?

I wouldn't mind this route, although going with a similar formula each year will be boring in the long run, if they do however, they need to pick the right act for this type of entry and the right choreography... if they would somehow manage to combine a strong performer - good live vocals - and catchy song like 2018-2019 , I think they might even win

Preuss

I mean, knowing the fact that this was ninth in the semi with Greece and Georgia + MARUV not being there + «Siren Song» imo fighting for the same votes as Replay, we’d possible see the shock NQ many people here talked about :?

Alaska49

considering tamta got as high as she did riding the greece and georgia votes i guess cyrus will just do their best to find someone from another country again? it's working rofl. the person being able to sing or dance is clearly optional at this point.

r3gg13

I think the main reason for this entry not doing well is that Cyprus did not focus on Tamta's strengths. For instance, I would not have had her dance on stage at all since it's not her strength, it looked forced as a result. I would have rather had the dancers dancing around her, dancing for her, dancing to her singing. The list can go on and on.

Miloutchi

I would have worn something less trashy to begin with. I would never vote for someone who looks like that. Eleni looked super sexy without it looking cheap. This was the complete opposite. And the dancing made it look even worse. The people I watched it with, were all just laughing at her. People have the idea that stagings need to be all wild and in your face, but the staging of winners usually is effective but simple (with Toy being the exception in recent years).

But I was never a fan of the song itself either.

Milos-BC

Even though the song is still great in studio version, it had "flop" written all over it with this performance.

Nothing was right here and hopefully the delegation will learn from these mistakes.

Realest

Overrated.

:by::mt: were Worlds better.

Preuss

I mean, it's not like Tamta got a lot of points either so :?
I frankly think she was underrated in televote... as I pointed out take away Greece and Georgia and however San Marino calculates their telepoints and she'd end up with a SINGLE point from the UK
I'm glad it didn't happen

Mii11

Queen!!! I'm soooo proud of her, soo underrated but glad she ended up on the left side of scoreboard! In the face of all the haters who underestimated her!

wtf

Queen!!! I'm soooo proud of her, soo underrated but glad she ended up on the left side of scoreboard! In the face of all the haters who underestimated her!

I'm glad the juries picked up on the quality of this song. Such a well produced track.

Preuss

I still think it's gonna stay as a solid entry from Cyprus that I'll have on replay the next years xmusic
However I'm kinda left bittersweet as I feel like Tamta could've been top ten easily if she drew the longest straw

Preuss

Although 13th place is kinda respectable, I'm still annoyed with the televote result for Tamta xboring
I wouldn't mind a return one day :D

Top Bottom