10 4.2%

12 5.1%

6 2.5%

7 3.0%

17 7.2%

• Total voters

ESCREGION

Re: CYPRUS 2018

Oh goodness, I'm sorry. I always forget that idioms are kind of a losing battle sometimes. There's an idiom in English "stop the presses!" meaning "wow!" or "oh my god!" It's almost always used sarcastically, but I was saying it with sincerity (though to be rude to Oikotimes). My apologies; I'll try and be a bit more careful. :)

Ohhh i am the one who have to apologise....I am really sorry but i had no idea about this idiom :lol:!!!But i tried to explain that i didn't want to "harm" any participation..Especially when this country is Cyprus xheartxheart
Good luck and i wish the best for Cyprus this year(if it's true)
[MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] that's for you!!xrose :)

Mrm

Veteran
Horrific choice...

Hele.

Eleni!!! xheart xheat

First of all, I'm so happy her long dream finally has became reality! I do not know if there is person on planet that wanted that esc so much! Years were passing and I was afraid but so happy now to find out Eleni will go to eurovision, if not for Greece, then for Cyprus! xheart Yeah, she might not be best live but is great performer and can practice!
Sometimes (generally in life I mean), best one doesn't always win, but someone who has biggest desire!
This story really inspires me now, to not give up on some of my personal goals and to remember that it is always worth of waiting!

There is quote of Paulo Cohelo: 'And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.'
Now this success of Eleni's reminded me of it! xheart Well done Eleni, big congratulations!!! xheart xheart xcheer xcheer

I love description of the song (oriental, instrumental elements) and I'm sure Eleni will deliver it with great performance! I wish her now to practice vocals!

But simply, when you look this performance, you can't ignore how it screams ESC for Eleni!

Can't wait to hear song, good luck Eleni!

So so happy for her! xcheer xcheer xheart xheart

SaladBreak

It would be really perfect if the song is in Greek or Spanish as the alleged title says

GRE

The song has been recorded two days ago.
And it is a shake-shake song with ethnic elements.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
So it's confirmed. xheat I feel like this will be the song of the year for me. It's been so long since we had a real hit as it described in ESC. Cyprus be ready to take the UK 12 in the televote when I get a hold of 94979596 phones.

Sabiondo

So it's confirmed. xheat I feel like this will be the song of the year for me. It's been so long since we had a real hit as it described in ESC. Cyprus be ready to take the UK 12 in the televote when I get a hold of 94979596 phones.

+ 12 from :al:, :gr: (obviously), :ro:, and 10 points from :au: (The big greek diaspora will support her for sure), :bg:, :rs:, :mt:, :it:, :es: and others.. :)

GRE

Some people claim that it's the most killer song of Cyprus ever,
and also Helena Paparizou was very close to say Yes, because she liked it very much.
The composer, is the same that wrote Always (Azerbaijan 2009) & La la love (Cyprus 2012).
BUT I have some news..
Eleni will give her final answer on Monday.

ZoboCamel

10 points from :au: (The big greek diaspora will support her for sure)

It's possible, but I wouldn't be quite so sure. When we first joined Eurovision I was worried that we were just going to spam-vote for the U.K., Ireland, Greece and Cyprus due to the diaspora, but our votes have seemed a little more spread so far (with a bias towards Sweden, if anything).

I just had a look over our televotes from the last few years, and Greece/Cyprus don't really seem to have been all that high. As far as semifinals go, our televote has averaged 3.5 to Greece and 4.5 to Cyprus - decent scores, perhaps, but far from a guaranteed 10/12. And apparently we've never even given a single televote point to either of those countries in the finals, which surprises me, honestly.

If we do give lots of televote points to Cyprus, then it'll probably be because they're promising an upbeat dance-pop song, which the Australian televote has loved so far. In the finals, our 12 has gone to Sweden in 2015; Belgium in 2016; and Moldova in 2017 - all slickly-produced dance pop.

So yeah, I can't rule out Australia giving high points to Cyprus this year... but if we do, it'll be the exception moreso than the rule, and it'll be due to genre more than country.

The composer, is the same that wrote Always (Azerbaijan 2009) & La la love (Cyprus 2012).

Whoever ends up singing the song, I'm looking forward to it. "Always" was 10/10 xheats.

Nicholas123

Some people claim that it's the most killer song of Cyprus ever

There is a song uploaded on yt today (and that's been taken down,reuploaded and taken down again) that is supposed to be an early demo of the cypriot entry. InfeGreece says that is fake, but i am not fully convinced about it. It is indeed a catchy pop tune with a bit of ethno (contains a bit of buzuki as well :mrgreen:) and in some parts the music/ instrumentation reminds me of the romanian "stereo love" In this demo version, the chorus has only "ooooooh's" and the person who uploaded it claims that in the song's final version, they have been replaced by the phrase "Fuego en mi cuerpo. Deseo y pasion". It's interesting that the phrase fits into the music.
In any case, we will soon know if the leaked song is indeed Papaconstantinou's song, or not! :p

ESCREGION

So.....just to inform and nothing else......
A song named "Fuego" which is called the Cypriot Eurovision song for 2018 with Eleni has uploaded on youtube...InfeGreece says that this leak is fake and that it's not the real song based on reliable sources.....
Few minutes after the upload the link of youtube was down.....

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
There is a song uploaded on yt today (and that's been taken down,reuploaded and taken down again) that is supposed to be an early demo of the cypriot entry. InfeGreece says that is fake, but i am not fully convinced about it. It is indeed a catchy pop tune with a bit of ethno (contains a bit of buzuki as well :mrgreen:) and in some parts the instrumentation reminds me of the romanian "stereo love" In this demo version, the chorus has only "ooooooh's" and the person who uploaded claims that it has been replaced by the phrase "Fuego en mi cuerpo. Deseo y pasion". It's interesting that the phrase fits into the music.
In any case, we will soon know the leaked song is indeed Papaconstantinou's song, or not! :p

13669753.gif

Top Bottom