17 8.5%

12 6.0%

6 3.0%

40 20.1%

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I adore this cute, little song and wish John the best of luck. I'm glad it qualified when almost nobody thought it had a shot. It had this nice boost in popularity but I'm not too optimistic about its odds right now. But hopefully it's going to be somewhere in the middle at least.

My prediction: 14th place

Fluke

Really expected this to score more, i thought being the only solo male ballad and the only really gimmick-free entry would make it stand out, but apparently not.

busybee

Dear Cyprus, I loved your sweet song..and, at least, in your case, juries appreciated it, too.

Also thrilled that you didn't give us your 12...lol..I was tired of people moaning about it!

Ante kai tou xronou sth 10ada:mrgreen:

Scooby

I enjoyed in every second of his performance. Well done Giannis, well done!

Sammy

Veteran
Great performance. Should have been placed MUCH higher!

What is going on between Greece and Cyprus?????? No mutual 12 points this year? Not even 10? ONLY 8?????? Is the world still moving around the sun or are all of natures laws out of order? :D

Milos-BC

Just like Hungary, very good performance but an extremely boring song. It really couldn't end up higher, so it's nice for him that he had a chance to perform twice.

RomanFromRussia

How could that be with Cyprus being 6th and Czeck republic being 13th in the semi? They were not even close!

I said that it is my subjective opinion ;)

Czech rep is the 1st in my ranking while Cyprus is 40th. It's the only song that I don't even try to listen this year. 1st listening was enough to be the one I hate.

Joni

What a beautiful song this is! Loved all the lights in the performance and also that they added a bit more background to the part where he used to sing without any instruments.

GRE

It seems that lullabies are still beloved in eurovision.

tuorem

Time for me to review the Cypriot entry this year :D

Giannis Karagiannis - One thing I should have done

Song: "One Thing I Should Have Done" is one of those stardard quiet songs one may hear at Eurovision: "Me and My Guitar", "Everything Looks Better In Spring", "Da Da Dam" were in line with this. I guess people think it's lovely because it sounds intimate, honest and simple. To me, this isn't, even if I can stand it, unlike the songs I've mentioned. The melody is quite standard and fits with the "Jason Mraz kind of cheese", especially the chorus. Sounds like a Disney song at some point as well. The lyrics are cheesy as expected. Ironically, the bridge is the strongest, most memorable part to me, I like that part and since there is no build-up, it's a nice highlight. The arrangements sound very "summery", everything's nicely done I must say, it's just not my jam and I can't get into it because I never fall for that kind of ballad.

Voice: Ok voice from Giannis, again it's one of those voices that I feel I hear everywhere. Male singers who sing that kind of song have the same voice, that's disturbing :lol: Anyway, it fits the song and his performances were very nice. There was nothing wrong live, so good job.

Staging: There isn't much to comment, they succeeded in setting an intimate atmosphere for the song. The black and white part was nice.

Outcome: When I listened to the song during the semi, I knew this would sail through, even though I wouldn't have helped it qualify had I been the jury. As expected, it bombed in the final, like most of the time (remember Cyprus 2010) and that didn't sadden me tbh. Juries ranked it unbelievably high :? but whatever, people thought it should belong to the bottom of the scoreboard. In my personal ranking, I ranked it low as well, there are a bunch of songs that I dislike more than this, but also a bunch that I like much much more. I'd have ranked it 12th in the semi tbh. See you next year Cyprus, I never expect anything from you, sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, sometimes I'm disappointed, but I hope you'll still be there in 2016 xcheer

NNR

Such a shame this was wedged in between A Monster Like Me and Heroes on one side, and Tonight Again and Rhythm Inside on the other. That killed this great song.

John1

Although I wasn't (and I still ain't) thrilled of this kind of boring entry, I'm totally able to figure his qualification out which came across as a tremendous event back in 2015. Moreover, this thread does remind me that he's been roughly criticized on YouTube in the comments section underneath ESC tops and the official videoclip from Cyprus.

This overall situation is deeply linked to what did happen with the Georgian win at the 2016's JESC somehow. The winning entry 'Mzeo' was absolutely powerful, hence the fact that it won the whole thing. However, all of the Eurofans fiercely insulted Mariam and it was so disrespectful tbh because they judged it as an awful entry, which didn't deserve the victory. Thus, they compared this marvellous entry to Giannis' song, though it didn't even win it.

The point is that people can be so nasty sometimes, when one of the entries, which is deeply hated by them, is sailing through the grand final quite unexpectedly. They can be so childish that it makes me regret that there's such a gigantic lack of respect towards the artists and other people's state of mind, when it comes to competition. Unfortunately, as every fruit does have a core inside, there should be some people who are representing this hateful core. This comparison is quite hilarious though, as I didn't imagine that I would write it down nor use it in my whole life. ;)

In regards to the mark that I would have given to this entry back in 2012 (if I already got an account...), I'd have awarded this entry :8: points because of Giannis' vocals only. The gorgeous staging might have contributed to this vote besides. :)

Top Bottom