Christos+Mylordou+189928_187075921331132_1021608.png

Performed by: Christos Mylordou
Lyrics by: Mixalis Antoniou
Composed by: Andreas Anastasiou
Language: Greek

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ?????? - Cyprus 2011

Cyprus has already started preselection process.
per.jpg

The winner will be chosen on the talent show "Performance" (the vocal category).
Official page: http://www.cybc.com.cy/index.php?option ... Itemid=273
The FB group: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Performan ... 0564005285

According to City Studios FB:
City Studios is contracted for all the music production on new TV talent Show 'Performance' on CYBC!
March 2010

'Performance', a new talent show starting on CYBC (PIK 1) holding auditions each week has called upon the skills and personnel at City Studios to produce all music tracks and coaching for e...ach contestant. Our own team of producers and musicians are delivering several high quality playback tracks each week for the broadcasts. Alongside the production, all contestants visit the studio prior to their appearance on the show to have some studio experience and some coaching/advice from our very own Andreas Georgallis.

The winner will be decided by the mixture of the jury panel votes (60%) and televoting (40%).

I know that Ayla Peksoylu went to the semi-final (whatever that means, lol). I hope that someone will let us know what's happening. Have they already started choosing performers or it's just about castings so far?

AlekS

Veteran

Greek singer Elli Kokkinou will be a special guest on the final of "Performance".

9 performers from the vocal category go to the final.
If I understood right there are 15 rounds before the final. I see we've already passed 6. The 7th will be aired by RIK and RIK Sat today.

The jury:
Lia Vissi - Musician, vocal coach
Kostas Kakoyiannis - Musician, Professor of Music
Fotis Nikolaou - Choreographer
Neoclis Neocleous - Actor

AlekS

Veteran

All qualifiers will be decided by televoting, they will eb announced after the last round.

I watched all shows and made few screens.

All participants until May 9! (7 editions) (except March 21 cuz the broadcaster has only low quality audio for that show)

14-03-2010
14-3.jpg

28-03-2010
28-3.jpg

11-04-2010
11-4.jpg

18-04-2010
18-4.jpg

25-04-2010
25-4.jpg

02-05-2010
2-5.jpg

09-05-2010
9-5.jpg

Overall, the level is low. Maybe that's because trhey have to perform famous songs at first, not their own songs. Many people with weak vocals, though there are few quite good performers.

Ayla Peksoylou is the clear juries' fave. Imho, she has all chances to represent Cyprus at ESC.

AlekS

Veteran

imo, she's charismatic and of course she's the best from the vocal point of view.
Richard Hall ... I had Bilan deja vu ... the way how he looked in the camera... :lol:
Stella Stylianou was gr8 too, I like moody folk songs. I hope she will sing something like this in the final (if she gets there).

ginger

A big hi to everyone, :) I wanted to thank you all for your support and let you know that you can join my facebook artist page, see more of my stage performances on youtube and listen to more songs. Here are the links, thanks again so much for all the support!

www.facebook.com/angeliweb
www.youtube.com/user/aylapeksoylu

Best wishes & peace to all :O)))
Ayla Peksoylu (Stage name: ANGEL-i)

AlekS

Veteran

^ I wish you to win, and I'm gonna cheer for you :D ;)
Good luck! =)

AlekS

Veteran

The Cypriot final is set on September 10. 21:15 (local time)

9 finalists are:

1. Kostas Ioannides
2. Xristos Milordos
3. Nicole Nikolaidou
4. Loyis Panagiotou
5. Dafni Seisou
6. Annita Skoutela
7. Stella Stylianou
8. Malvina Xaralampidi
9. Marios Xaralampous

you can listen to all 9 finalists here: http://www.tvsoup.com.cy/tile-mageirema ... ision.html

The jury (60%) and televoters (40%) will decide the winner.

There will be on-line broadcast on cybc.com as well.

RIK is accepting applications for Performance-2! Still not a single word if it's selection for Eurovison 2012. In any case the deadline for sending applications is September 15.

ps. I'm gonna cheer for Stella Stylianou then. No Ayla :|

Milos-BC

Wow, and that means we will hear the first entry in September I guess :shock:

Great.

AlekS

Veteran

^ October 1st rule ;)
We won't hear the entry most def. I think it will be presented later. Maybe even in 2011.

DoctorX

Ayla, the Turkish-Cypriot lady, to win would be so gr8 for the peace on the island. Maybe next year... :roll:

evilperson

Re: ΚΥΠΡΟΣ - Cyprus 2011

I haven't seen any of the cadidates perform but hopefully they spend an equal amount of time finding a good song as they did a singer.

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ΚΥΠΡΟΣ - Cyprus 2011

Marios Charalambous - pop/opera, hmmmm... I really like Alesandro Safina, I can listen to Josh Groban but this one... he's talented and he doesn't sound like newcomer trying to go opera, but "Hijo de la luna" is not his song.

Daphni Seisou - she shouldn't use low voice cuz it sounds horrible, imo :| you can choose "Ne partez pas sans moi" but you should sing at least like Celine if you want to win, or sing it in a different way and impress people - I highly doubt that she did one of those options. It wasn't horrible though, I like how she sang on high notes :) imo she shouldn't have used lower tones.

Annita Skoutela - much better than previous 2 performers, the song fits her well. The staging reminded me Quartissimo (Slovenia 2009)

Costas Ioannides - will Cyprus send something which sounds like ESC 2010 entry? I hope not. Because he sounds and looks worse. I thought I'd fall asleep.

Louis Panagiotou - not bad :) I liked his singing during a ballad part, but when it turned on a dance tune, I think he could move more. I liked the outro. If he's gonna prepare hard it can be a nice choice. So far he and Annita are my faves.

Malvina Charalambidi - strong voice but imo, the song had to be performered in a little bit different way. You should feel the song, not just show your vocal abilities.

Christos Milordos - I think that he was too nervous which resulted in his vocals.

Stella Stylianou - She disappointed me in the final. She sang Drip Drop btw ))) Her vocals weren't the best today, she overreacted a little. Still she's a nice competitor.

Nicole Nikolaidou - the best performer tonight. "Nothing compares to you" fits her perfectly, this is her song. I really like Sinead O'Connor. Even though she was nervous she managed to do well. I like her vocals but I don't think that this is a great song for ESC auditions/NF.

Overall, imo NF 2011 is better than NF 2011, on the other hand it's hard for me to define the best entry. I'm torn between Nicole and Malvina.

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ΚΥΠΡΟΣ - Cyprus 2011 - Christos Mylordos

1. Christos Mylordos - 11 004
2. Louis Panagiotou - 5 924
3. Annita Skoutela - 4 244

they chose my 2nd least fave. Hmmm, not gonna make any predictions because I haven't heard the ESC entry.

Top Bottom