Contact us

Current Member Roster & How to join the Waiting List

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
nscroster.png

01 ::adb Adamsburg (NSC 2 - NSC 91, NSC 177 - current)
02 ::aim Aimūlli (NSC 129 - current)
03 ::aka Akatsuki (NSC 219 - current)
04 ::bal Balearica Island (NSC 42 - current)
05 ::beg Begonia (NSC 5 - NSC 48, NSC 122 - current)
06 ::bel Belvist (NSC 5 - NSC 58, NSC 125 - NSC 127, NSC 191 - current)
07 ::bif Biflovatia (NSC 108 - current)
08 ::cal Calypso (NSC 7 - current)
09 ::che Cherniya (NSC 92 - current)
10 ::com Comino (NSC 7 - NSC 17, NSC 27 - current)
11 ::cyd Cydoni-Gibberia (NSC 20 - current)
12 ::dal Dalisska (NSC 24 - NSC 90, NSC 118 - NSC 151, NSC 201 - current)
13 ::dos Denmark of Spears (NSC 90 - NSC 218, NSC 221 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::doi Doire (NSC 74 - current)
15 ::eff Effiland (NSC 8 - NSC 53, NSC 206 - current)
16 ::elv Elvaci (NSC 102 - NSC 217, NSC 223 - current)
17 ::end Endórë (NSC 209 - current)
18 ::fer Fervorosia (NSC 21 - current)
19 ::fie Fierraria (NSC 218 - current)
20 ::grf Griffin Empire (NSC 204 - current)
21 ::hal Halito (NSC 10 - current)
22 ::ill Illumia (NSC 83 - NSC 130, NSC 153 - NSC 156, NSC 219 - current)
23 ::ins Insomnéa (NSC 96 - current)
24 ::kam Kamandé (NSC 57 - NSC 74, NSC 124 - current)
25 ::kon Konthena (NSC 218 - current)
26 ::slf Kordavian Islands (NSC 109 - current)
27 ::mat MatiMati (NSC 154 - current)
28 ::moi Moisantia (NSC 93 - NSC 117, NSC 150 - current)
29 ::nac New Acadia (NSC 52 - NSC 154, NSC 211 - current)
30 ::nbs New Bander State (NSC 149 - current)
31 ::oos Öösingimäed (NSC 51 - NSC 120, NSC 209 - current)
32 ::ora Orangualia (NSC 56 - current)
33 ::ous Oussou Empire (NSC 101 - NSC 128, NSC 172 - current)
34 ::pap Papendink (NSC 83 - NSC 176, NSC 224 - current)
35 ::pen Pen Island (NSC 219 - current)
36 ::per Perryfornia (NSC 65 - current)
37 ::rah Rahasia-Diati (NSC 148 - current)
38 ::red Redwood Republic (NSC 177 - current)
39 ::rld Reym-L-Dneurb (NSC 1 - NSC 52, NSC 65 - NSC 152, NSC 206 - current)
40 ::ros Roseland (NSC 56 - current)
41 ::rum Rumia (NSC 55 - current)
42 ::sak Sakuralia (NSC 122 - current)
43 ::ser Serenes (NSC 143 - current)
44 ::sla Södermalm (NSC 216 - current)
45 ::svo Svobodnia (NSC 169 - current)
46 ::szk Szimbaya Kingdom (NSC 188 - current)
47 ::tad Tamausia & Deltannor (NSC 188 - current)
48 ::tan Tanoiro (NSC 176 - current) has to confirm NSC 226
::tch Tcher-Racoi (NSC 203 - current)
50 ::taa Tír an Abhainn (NSC 16 - current)
51 ::tro Trollheimr (NSC 105 - current)
52 ::tyb Tybalteva (NSC 191 - current) has to confirm NSC 226 ◆◆
::ugl Ugaly (NSC 4 - current)
54 ::vyl Vylkuzeme (NSC 109 - current)
55 ::wsn Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici (NSC 51 - NSC 168, NSC 222 - current)
56 ::xhu Xhuxhmaxhuxh (NSC 39 - NSC 62, NSC 119 - NSC 153, NSC 219 - current)
57 ::xoc Xochimilia (NSC 219 - current)
58 ::yap Yaponesia (NSC 6 - current)
59 ::yyy Yeto-Ya-Yeto (NSC 55 - current)
60 ::zom Zombira (NSC 10 - NSC 170, NSC 219 - current)

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Text version of the roster for copy/paste purposes

Clicking on a flag icon will redirect you to the respective country's official thread.
Nations that miss 2 editions in a row will be removed and replaced with the nation at the top of the Waiting List (see below).

RESOURCES

FLAGS || POTS || MAP || WIKI || DATABASE

nscwaitinglist.png

01. Scania (Grand Duchy of Strenci) NSC 226?
02. soundofsilence (Afnia) WLSC 266 NSC 226?
03. Judas (Necluda) NSC 226?
04. Marcos C (Marcobia)
05. MiraShadowMan (Rehi Kaita)
06. Gera11 (Federal Republic of Meridia) WLSC 266, 267, 268
07. Sultana (Bála Kunmenai)
08. pending... (Aclaira) failed to vote NSC 225

Last update: February 23rd, 2024

Nations or members in cyan have entered NSC at least once before.

Waiting list (WL) rules:

• Voting in each final of NSC as part of the waiting list jury is compulsory.
  • Any waiting list nations who fail to vote will be moved 2 places down on the list.
  • Nations who fail to vote 2 finals in a row will be removed from the list.
  • Under certain circumstances waiting list nations can take a break from voting in the finals if a solid reason is given. During that period of time the position of the nation on the waiting list remains frozen and it can move neither up nor down.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX' beside them will debut/return in the next contest.
  • Nations with 'NSC XXX?' beside them can send a reserve entry to the next contest.

nscjoin.png

First of all, welcome to NSC! If you have any questions regarding the contest, feel free to post them in this thread or ask one of the mods: @Stargazer, @berlyda or @Veronika.

In order to get familiar with the contest, please take a look at the RULES!

If you want to apply for a place in NSC (or if you want to return), simply send a PM to Stargazer - you'll be added to the waiting list (see above).

Please note that you are probably going to be waiting for a long time as there is a strong demand for spots on the roster. In the meantime, you may enter the Waiting List contest, vote in the semi-finals of NSC and take part in the various spin-off contests if you wish to. Don't forget that voting in the finals is compulsory.

And most importantly: Have fun! :mrgreen:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
@Ewigkeit @theditz83 Our two latest WL nations (Tcher-Racoi and Griffin Empire) do not need to vote in the final, since they were added on the day of the deadline.

It's time for Tcher-Racoi to join the WL

can you add me to the WL, Anna?

If you want to apply for a place in NSC (or if you want to return), simply send a PM to Stargazer - you'll be added to the waiting list
Would have seen this a lot sooner had you applied the correct way. ;)

theditz83

Veteran
@Ewigkeit @theditz83 Our two latest WL nations (Tcher-Racoi and Griffin Empire) do not need to vote in the final, since they were added on the day of the deadline.

Would have seen this a lot sooner had you applied the correct way. ;)

Hey Anna, just to clarify, if either of the nations above have sent votes, shall I count them, or shall I only include votes from the other WL nations? Thanks ;)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Hey Anna, just to clarify, if either of the nations above have sent votes, shall I count them, or shall I only include votes from the other WL nations? Thanks ;)
Ha, not sure actually. I can't recall a similar situation happening before. Maybe @berlyda could weigh in?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I would have no problem counting the vote from the nation that did vote, as long as the other doesn't get an infraction for not voting, since neither were required to vote in this edition. But I don't know if that would mess with the consistency of it all?

theditz83

Veteran
I would have no problem counting the vote from the nation that did vote, as long as the other doesn't get an infraction for not voting, since neither were required to vote in this edition. But I don't know if that would mess with the consistency of it all?

That's exactly my thinking Anna. I'm happy to go with the majority opinion of the mods on this one ;)

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I would agree with that too. It is not compulsory for them to vote this edition, but as they are officially Waiting List nations now, they have a right to vote should they wish to. But yeah this should not affect their position on the waiting list.

Uto

Veteran
Given the amount of people on the waiting list, could there not simply be a third semi?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I oppose 3 semis and i'm sure most of the players who cross over from WV will also. For a long while we had 3 semis and as a result the draws became super important, entries were DNQ'ing with a combined score far exceeding 100 points, songs that barely qualified were going on to come top 3 and vice versa with semi winners coming at the bottom. With the spread of entries people were often having to vote for songs they didn't care for, meaning often 'compromise' entries were qualifying when they usually wouldn't. Not only that is a whole lot of extra work load piled on to the host. In the end we changed the rules to remove 3 semis with very wide popular support, and tbh I think certain types of songs have a hard enough time qualifying through 2 semis without the added unpredictability of 3 semis. NSC would do good to not go down that route.

dogmeat

Given the amount of people on the waiting list, could there not simply be a third semi?
It's not the first time we have a long waiting list. It went down to reasonable levels recently and now suddenly exploded, probably due to worldwide lockdown. But we already used to have 20+ nations on the WL for years, with absurd waiting times. This was heavily discussed back then and most people were strongly against it.

My personal opinion: I'm open to even the most extreme changes to NSC, but I'm against knee jerk reactions. If we're to change something fundamental like number of semis, it should first and foremost serve the contest itself and make it more interesting, or at least not make it worse. I'm afraid three semis would make it less fun. Semifinals already have 50+ songs to listen to in one week. Adding 15-20 more would make it feel like a chore. It would also make it much more difficult to qualify, and some countries already struggle to do so. Plus everything that Ashley pointed out above.

I could potentially see merit in introducing quarterfinals. That would mean a drastic overhaul that probably would never gain support, but I like to fantasize.

Anyway, the WL only went up in size just now. It might very well go back to normal when lockdowns are lifted and people return to their lives. If it doesn't, only then it makes sense to discuss such major changes.

Zonne147

As the 14th (out of 17) in the Waiting List, I don't really think 3 semis would be a good idea too, for the reasons both @AshleyWright and @dogmeat have stated.

We (WLSCers) could complain a bit if we didn't have WLSC, and even without WLSC we would still have spinoffs, so fun isn't over :D I prefer to wait a bit more to join the main contest instead. Quarterfinals would be a slightly better solution imo - still not a good idea since some issues Ashley has stated would still apply there.

@dogmeat is right about the worldwide lockdown thing. I can confirm it - I would never think about joining the WL if there was no lockdown.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I've been rooting for 3 semis earlier, when the WL was even bigger than now, but Ashley makes some good points, and back then, I don't think 3 semis had been done in WV yet. If it's been tried, and didn't work, then it's probably not a good idea here either.

I do however still support making the roster bigger. We have had finals ranging from 28 to 30 entries, and a full semi (which we've had 25 of so far since the introduction of 2 semis) only has 27. In my opinion, there's room for 30 in a semi, and increasing the roster to 65-70 would be no problem.

Very often, the argument used against increasing the roster is that it makes it harder to qualify, and it annoys me just as much now as it did earlier. I've never been in NSC to get good results, I'm here to show off the music I like, whether you like it or not. Of course it'd be even funnier if everyone liked the same music as me, but people who like the same music as me are often not interested in Eurovision. There are exceptions tho. :) But my qualifying history tells me I have a point...

But, I think this sudden increase on the WL is temporary. I think many just joined because of the lockdowns, probably to have some fun in the WLSC and the spinoffs, and some will probably leave again when the world goes back to normal, so I'd say it's a little too early to make big changes just yet. But, as someone who was on the WL for 2 editions, I think it's extremely unfair that some have needed to wait more than a year to enter the roster. There should be a limit to how long you can be on the WL, and once you've reached that limit, you're automatically entered into the roster regardless of the size of it. It'll never get (enough) support, but that's how I feel.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Sounds like the consensus hasn't changed ;) Ashley and Orian summed up my opinions on the matter pretty well (although Ashley's issue could be partially mitigated by good use of pots). I'm reluctant to consider even quarterfinals, as although they would be more balanced, they would exacerbate the problem of increased workload for hosts and time commitment for players, even more than a third semi. Plus each edition would last 1-2 weeks longer, which I'm not sure is a good thing.

Morty's suggestion is more viable, but then the question becomes a matter of where we draw the line. In my opinion the semis should not be bigger than the final, so that would mean a maximum of 28 per semi, i.e. an increase in roster size from 60 to 62. Or we could increase the final to 30 and both semis to 30 (i.e. 12 qualifiers per semi + 6 PQs), for a roster size of 66. I think that's as far as I'm willing to go. But that would barely change the WL wait time long-term, so I'm not sure it's worth doing.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Morty's suggestion is more viable, but then the question becomes a matter of where we draw the line. In my opinion the semis should not be bigger than the final, so that would mean a maximum of 28 per semi, i.e. an increase in roster size from 60 to 62. Or we could increase the final to 30 and both semis to 30 (i.e. 12 qualifiers per semi + 6 PQs), for a roster size of 66. I think that's as far as I'm willing to go. But that would barely change the WL wait time long-term, so I'm not sure it's worth doing.

The thing is tho, given how rare a full semi is, allowing for up to 30 entries in a semi would rarely mean that there would be that many actually taking part. The last full semi was semi 1 in NSC 151 (semi 2 had 26), and the last edition where everyone took part was NSC 144. I don't know when the roster first reached the maximum of 60 nations, but from the database it looks like we've had only 6 editions with 60 nations taking part, the first being NSC 30. It's pretty rare. I doubt that would suddenly change if we allowed for up to 30. And I also support increasing to 30 in a final (which would in some editions lead to 31 because of things happening). That would cut the current WL by a third, and when the world goes back to normal, could actually lead to the WL being empty for the first time in a decade (real life decade, not Natia decade) or something (I know Sunland was the only nation on the WL in NSC 50, dunno if it was actually completely gone for some editions).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I would support increasing the number of semi participants, but only if the number of qualifiers went up with it also.

dogmeat

I don't know, but I've heard that when the limit was set to 60, it was done with absent nations in mind. It was agreed that the optimum number of participating nations in a single edition is 50-sth and 60 is the upper limit of what's acceptable.

One more thing: even if you let the entire WL in all at once, it won't stay empty for more than 5 minutes. There are unseen potential participants who won't apply because they're put off by the waiting time, and they'd fill the WL up in an instant if it was reduced to zero. I think we should think with broader perspective and with further time horizon in mind.

It may seem weird but while I'm open to the idea of quarterfinals, my opinion on a small enlargement always was and still is no-never-over-my-dead-body-fucking-no-or-i'll-throw-a-tantrum-no The reason is that a major change may actually solve the problem. A small kneejerk response solves absolutely nothing. Say, you let 6 people in -> 6 people are happy to skip some waiting time -> the waiting time for new applicants remains just as long as before -> and you just made NSC slightly less enjoyable for everyone else for the rest of eternity. No to rotten compromises! I also hate the though of meddling with the system every other edition and going back and forth from 60 to 66 to 62 to 1273. Making a small adjustment seems to be an invitation to do just that. I say if we do something, we should do it only once but properly.

Top Bottom