13 5.7%

61 26.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinchey

Totally unfair, they have never been intellectually pretentious as that c**p "smart" Croats adore like Jinx, Pips Chips & Videoclips etc. 🤣

Let3 have been nothing but amusing and fun.

And they are as disturbing privately as publicly. 🤣
I wouldn't call Jinx or Pips Chips & Videoclips pretentious. They just have smart songwriting (in their prime as well). However Let 3 hasn't released anything good in 15 or so years and I feel like in 2003 they would be PERFECT for Eurovision. 2022 is too late imho.

Detour has changed their singer a couple of times (or maybe just once idk) and they are nowhere near as good as they were with Maja Posavec.

Eni Jurišić is not a big name, lets stop pretending like she is. Kedžo is up there not her.

Sammy

Veteran
I don’t know any of the line-up except of course Damir. Glad that he gets his second chance.
I did try to listen through some of the videos of Let 3 but honestly, I couldn‘t! Maybe they are funny if you understand croatian, but this is not for me, neither musically nor in other aspects (staging, performance, voice)

Ajeje Brazorf

Hope they finally break the recent curse of being the "best of the rest" who didn't qualify...

Ps: I still think Guilty Pleasure should have been a qualifier, but whatever...

While CRO bubble is still burning in hell's fire to defend vanilla non-events of Dora such as Ella or Kedzo, I'll proceed with presenting other Dora 2023 competitors. Because facts do matter 🤣

Harmonija disonance is something you'd love to hear from Ukraine, albeit I'm not sure whether you'd like it if it were a Croatian entry.

They are a young folklore group working with Zagreb Jazz Orchestra and Philharmonics, fuzing Croatian Slavic folklore with classic and electro music.

Most likely they'll present something like this at Dora, but more uptempo

Further, this is Hana Mašić, from Zagreb, who went to participate in a folk talent show in Serbia some years ago and managed to record a couple of songs with Serbian producers.

Her style is more folk and turbo folk, little has she really to do with Croatian music, so I don't think that people would vote her to represent CRO at the ESC, in spite of Serb turbofolk's and trap's popularity in Croatia.

Now what I personally consider the most modern attempt from latest Croatian music is Boris Štok with some serious Måns vibes. Despite being signed by Aquarius records, he's unfortunately known only by those who listen to radio late at night.

He's pleasant to the eyes as well 🤭

Last edited:

aef

I still want Filip Rudan haha. Internal selection and focus on his song/ performance. Why always DORA with bad/ mediocre songs... Just like :at: i believe that :hr: somehow isn't a country where a NF works well.

Bmbriga

We had internal selection 2016., 2017. And 2018. (Nina Kraljić, Jacques Houdek, Franka Batelić). The problem is that without Dora nobody doesn't even know who's competing.
I'm sure 90% of country has a problem remembering Franka was competing and absolutely nobody remembers the song.

jello

Yazy

I still want Filip Rudan haha. Internal selection and focus on his song/ performance. Why always DORA with bad/ mediocre songs... Just like :at: i believe that :hr: somehow isn't a country where a NF works well.
I don't think that really would help as much.

If we were to go internal this year, it would probably be Damir with the song that he is about to compete with.

If we went internal last year, I'm willing to bet it would have been one of the songs that ended up in the TOP 3 of NF.

Let3 gave an interview to CRO Evening Gazette and have vaguley explained the topic of the song Mama ŠČ, but in as much we could understand and read btw the lines, the song is "relevant" according to "current developments in the world" and they have been inspired by a theater play for which they composed music covering the topic of "mothers and women in general in war time".

The song is written around an idea of "women and mothers being only living creatures that can reason men to stop the war and bloodshed".

I'm so proud of Let3 for pushing this topic. They have always been not only empty headed punk rock provocateurs, but socially engaged and aware, in a way which is focused on speaking the truth no matter how grimm it is, rather than choosing some pretentious intellectual mind washing or preaching.

Of course, they'll be performing "naked", Mrle added. 🤣

Top Bottom