I'm with him and you're a secret treasure
He's devotion, you're a guilty pleasure
I'm with him and this is real life, honey
Guess the joke's no longer funny

I'm with him until the death do us part,
But it doesn't do for this hungry heart
I'm with him, but in my frantic head
You always come and say:

"Would you run away?" (Would you run away?)
"Would you run away with me?"
"Would you run away?"

(Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way
In this real life, I have to say (Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way
In this real life

I'm with him and you're a secret treasure
He's devotion, you're a guilty pleasure
I'm with him and this is real life, honey
Guess the joke's no longer funny

I'm with him until the death do us part,
But it doesn't do for this hungry heart
I'm with him, but in my frantic head
You always come and say, say, say:

"Would you run away with me?"
"Would you run away?"

(Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way (Would you run away?)
In this real life, I have to say (Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way (Would you run away?)
In this real life

Euterpa

My review:

Decent little radio friendly Pop ballad with a quite cute chorus, has some similarities to the Armenian entry (but unfortunately this one is weaker). It is a bit too generic though to stand out and one thing that really bothers me is the awful banal jESC-like lyrics, like this is one of those clear examples that why going with English if you clearly can't write lyrics on a mature level? This one would benefit so much more being sung in Croatian, at least if the lyrics would be bad it wouldn't be so painfully obvious to those of us who wouldn't understand them.

Right, dreaming about being intimate with someone other than your partner, so JESC :D

I can totally understand people not liking this song because it's not really their type of music, but come on... the lyrics are not one of the good reasons for not liking this song.

Note: some also say that she's encouraging cheating, which also isn't true. She is talking about a dream, we can't control who we dream of. And dreaming about someone other than your partner is common and doesn't mean anything in 99% of cases, it has nothing to do with cheating.

Also, she is studying English language and literature and if you check out her interviews, you'll see that her English is great and that her vocabulary seems to be above average. Cute lyrics and light mood of songs, that's her style. Her brand. :D Her songs in Croatian are also like that. So it's not that she can't write on a mature level, this style is a deliberate choice. Guilty Pleasure actually sounds more mature than most of her other songs. :D

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Right, dreaming about being intimate with someone other than your partner, so JESC :D
:lol: well the lyrics are pretty banal to me
I can totally understand people not liking this song because it's not really their type of music, but come on... the lyrics are not one of the good reasons for not liking this song.
The song is all right to me, not bad, nothing special, but yeah the lyrics aren't helping...
Also, she is studying English language and literature and if you check out her interviews, you'll see that her English is great and that her vocabulary seems to be above average. Cute lyrics and light mood of songs, that's her style. Her brand. :D Her songs in Croatian are also like that. So it's not that she can't write on a mature level, this style is a deliberate choice. Guilty Pleasure actually sounds more mature than most of her other songs. :D
Well, ok, but at least in Croatian I wouldn't understand it enough, now unfortunately I do... maybe it is a deliberate style, but then she should re-consider :lol:

Euterpa

:lol: well the lyrics are pretty banal to me

The song is all right to me, not bad, nothing special, but yeah the lyrics aren't helping...

Well, ok, but at least in Croatian I wouldn't understand it enough, now unfortunately I do... maybe it is a deliberate style, but then she should re-consider :lol:

I get it, her songs are also a bit too sweet to me, although I usually can enjoy sweet songs. I liked Denmark 2019, for example. :D But it's very interesting, because people who like the song very much, they emphasize the lyrics as one of its best parts. One person who has Croatia in his top 10 told me GP has one of the best lyrics this year (and he's an English teacher!), and I saw some reactor from Australia who said the lyrics are really clever.

I doubt she'll change her mind about the lyrics, but I guess it makes no sense to change something for people who won't like and vote the song no matter what she does with it. :D

A-lister

Veteran
I get it, her songs are also a bit too sweet to me, although I usually can enjoy sweet songs. I liked Denmark 2019, for example. :D But it's very interesting, because people who like the song very much, they emphasize the lyrics as one of its best parts. One person who has Croatia in his top 10 told me GP has one of the best lyrics this year (and he's an English teacher!), and I saw some reactor from Australia who said the lyrics are really clever.

I doubt she'll change her mind about the lyrics, but I guess it makes no sense to change something for people who won't like and vote the song no matter what she does with it. :D

Actually, I don't mind the "sweetness" so much (it is in a similar style to Armenia's entry this year), but funny that the lyrics is the issue for me, so I guess contrary to what many other think then.

escEndre

Haven't you checked out our interview with amazing Mia?

Check it out here!

Please subscribe ESC Norway on YouTube for following the latest interview's with the Eurovision-contestants! :)

Euterpa

So the music video of the Croatian version of the song will premiere tomorrow (Friday) at 9:30 CET on HRT1, and will be on CMC TV at noon. Mia's team really decided to post this at 10 pm. So you'll probably see this post on the day of the premiere, after the actual premiere. Will they post it on YouTube the same day? Considering that they premiered the Croatian version of the song and then published it on Spotify and other platforms only 3 days later, let's say maybe.

Yazy

I just wanna hear what the official final version will be like language-wise.

As for video....its pretty basic but that doesn´t bother me. I´m generally not much into music videos (that includes other countries also).

I think the last time I truly loved the music video for our entry anyways was with Kraljevi Ulice and "Romanca".

Euterpa

Here's the music video for the original English version, with the revamp.
The concept of the video and the locations are the same as in the Croatian version, only a few scenes are different.

Edit: I originally shared the link of the Croatian version by mistake, now that's fixed. :D

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
The concept of the video and the locations are the same as in the Croatian version, only a few scenes are different.

Here is the link for the English version.

The part where Mia is with the girls is so awkward, it's like they are filming for an uptempo dance song. LOL.

Chalphon

As much as I do like this song the dancing on the bus feels a bit out of place to me. The song doesn't give me "dance party" vibes...

Zeus

Doomed for last place or close to it in the semi.

Moli Za Nas had Aminata meets Kristian Kostov vibes. Would have been a sure qualifier and top 10-material for sure. Both televoting and jury appeal. Such a weird choice to me.

Euterpa

Here is the link for the English version.

The part where Mia is with the girls is so awkward, it's like they are filming for an uptempo dance song. LOL.

LOL I posted the Croatian version without realising it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They put the same thumbnail, so... I will edit my post in order not to confuse people here haha.

Top Bottom