I play those games my way and you'll be beggin'
"Please baby, don't go, don't go, don't go"

Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

shameless

Seeing what qualified from Semi2 I am even more sad as it this would've totally been a shoe-in if it was in there. :(

theditz83

Veteran
I still enjoy this song when it comes on Spotify, but the main issue for me with it is that it structurally it is one of the most repetitive bops this year that comes off as being a kinda lazy cut and paste job from the first chorus onwards.

Sure, they threw in half the final chorus in Croatian to try and re-engage people that had started to switch off, but the fact remains that it felt like you were reliving the same excerpts for the more the 80% of the song.

And out of all the semi finalists, Albina is definitely one of the worst affected by the over-zealous use of layering backing vocals. I don't proclaim that she was lip-syncing as it was clear she was live, but (unpopular opinion upcoming) she was holding back and perhaps even being a bit lazy in most of the chorus, hiding behind the pre-recorded vocals. Whether that was intentional or a mixing issue I guess we'll never know, but when you considered Israel's that followed Albina's, it was clear to me that she wouldn't have the same support.

But like @shameless mentions above, judging from the mess that we had in Semi 2, she would have sailed through had she been drawn in that semi ;)

musicfan

This has been one of the select few songs that I've enjoyed before the contest. And the performance in the semi definitely didn't let it down. While it is a relatively simple song I do feel it has a certain classiness to it. I like both the energy and the atmosphere.

I definitely think it deserved to qualify over several of those that did. For example the Swedish song which sounds more generic and still reminds me of that overrated Polina Gagarina song.

heke1988

Man! I am sorry for :hr: and for Albina not to making to final being 9th with the televote and 10th with the jury. One of the biggest robs of Eurovision NQ-history!

crashworld

Veteran
Feel bad for Albina. Too bad Azerbaijan and Norway's televotes are way stronger despite them not being in the top 10 with the juries.

NeoTen

Some dodgy stuff happening here with her voting, some juries voted her dead last while their country produces the same stuff every year (Sweden). Her staging was awesome for a dance-pop song, the vocals were decent but thin, but this is a bigger shame than Hear Them Calling in my book. Iceland came 13th in both rankings. You can only guess what happened here, but smth happened.

Carian

Now, several things need to be addressed. First, I hate Slovenian and Macedonian juries for not pushing Albina to the finals. While Slovenian and Macedonian televote awarded 12 points to Albina, our two juries screwed it up very badly. This only says that juries are the sycophants and should be eliminated from ESC. Not only did all ex-YU states want Albina in finals, but the whole Europe wanted Albina in the semis. This system with juries is simply not working.
Next, Croatia thank you for your points, especially in the televote for Ana. If it was not for you, our chick would be pointless in the semis. The same gratitude goes to Macedonian televoters. We love you.
PS: If I was not clear enough, I HATE JURIES!

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
The jury voting this year still needs to be addressed somehow, like there's just something with it that I still don't understand.

However, Tick tock is still an amazing song in my book. No matter the results, Albina is one of the stars I want to look forward to because of her voice and her confidence!

Yoozek

So.... she qualified both from televote and from the juries, yet she still failed to qualify? :lol:

Brandt

So.... she qualified both from televote and from the juries, yet she still failed to qualify? :lol:
Reminds me of Spain in 2013 when they ended last both in televote and jury vote, but they came second last in the end.

Yoozek

They ended last both in televote and jury vote, but they came second last in the end.
That is fairly impossible. But then again, we didn't have precise results back then so potentially everyone with the "average" score of 11th could have been dead last. Because they've always been 11th.

Top Bottom