"Please baby, don't go, don't go, don't go"

Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
:hr: was my #10 tonight and I would have loved to see her in the final since I really enjoy the song BUT I think that the performance - despite being professionally executed - it was rather cold and less impressive than I thought it would be (after seeing the rehearsal clip as well as reading all the comments online).

I also believe that Eden having to perform (almost) after Albina didn't help either since Eden (let's face it) had so much charisma.

Croatia would have qualified with "Rijeka" due to being totally different to anything else in this semi whilst Croatia had a good (but not great) female-led uptempo pop song.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that :hr: would have easily qualified in semi 2 as well...I guess it was just bad luck this time.. it could have gone another way as well (like :hr: making it or :il: or :az: failing to do so).

I'm confident :hr: ended up being #11 this evening... maybe even juries killed it a bit?

Yazy

:hr: was my #10 tonight and I would have loved to see her in the final since I really enjoy the song BUT I think that the performance - despite being professionally executed - it was rather cold and less impressive than I thought it would be (after seeing the rehearsal clip as well as reading all the comments online).

I also believe that Eden having to perform (almost) after Albina didn't help either since Eden (let's face it) had so much charisma.

Croatia would have qualified with "Rijeka" due to being totally different to anything else in this semi whilst Croatia had a good (but not great) female-led uptempo pop song.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that :hr: would have easily qualified in semi 2 as well...I guess it was just bad luck this time.. it could have gone another way as well (like :hr: making it or :il: or :az: failing to do so).

I'm confident :hr: ended up being #11 this evening... maybe even juries killed it a bit?
"Rijeka" would have to compete with Ukraine and Russia.

Nina seems quite adamant about her choices and I don´t think that she would change much about her staging from DORA, which is a recipe for disaster.

Albina was our best bet.

FilipFromSweden

She was my #1 tonight and I felt like I was vibrating with energy watching her, she's got my love!!! xheart

Check Instagram comments and its ALL about Croatia. The juries clearly tanked this one

A-lister

Veteran
She was my #1 tonight and I felt like I was vibrating with energy watching her, she's got my love!!! xheart

Check Instagram comments and its ALL about Croatia. The juries clearly tanked this one

Just curious, how will you feel if it shows that Sweden managed to qualify solely thanks to juries but this one ranked higher in televoters (but got pushed down by the juries)? Like a #8-10 , #11-13 situation?

FilipFromSweden

Just curious, how will you feel if it shows that Sweden managed to qualify solely thanks to juries but this one ranked higher in televoters (but got pushed down by the juries)? Like a #8-10 , #11-13 situation?
As if Sweden made it over Croatia only due to the jury vote? I would rather have the cheerful energy of my home country and my friends rooting for Tusse on Saturday than an entry I love finish 20th or whatever as I wouldn't have focused on Croatia as Malta, France, Italy and Ukraine fought for the trophy. That's just me being biased and I'm fine with that

A-lister

Veteran
As if Sweden made it over Croatia only due to the jury vote? I would rather have the cheerful energy of my home country and my friends rooting for Tusse on Saturday than an entry I love finish 20th or whatever as I wouldn't have focused on Croatia as Malta, France, Italy and Ukraine fought for the trophy. That's just me being biased and I'm fine with that

Ok, fair enough...

I mean it's different for different people, but seeing that you also like our (Sweden's) entry this year it makes sense...

Personally I wouldn't be happy to see my #1 out and the spot taken by something less worthy, but then again in this case you find Sweden worthy so that's another story.

Zeus

She really deserved the final, that performance was quite good.

But as I always said: the juries 100% ranked Israel high because of the vocals and the modern production. I think that they saved Sweden as well and that Azerbaijan just had the bigger amount of televotes.

DanielLuis

I definitely want us in final, but I wouldn´t use Israel as the one to swap us with.
It's just that there obviously was a battle of the bops between female pop entries tonight, and at least one had to stay away from qualification, there's no way all of Cyprus, Israel, Azerbaijan, Croatia and Malta would qualify.
I think it definitely came down to Croatia vs Israel on the front, both were the weakest of the bunch (imo) and both were very close on the running order. Croatia probably had more televotes but Israel probably trumped Croatia in the jury due to Eden's vocals

blue00eyes

Eden's vocals did nothing to me. I don't care about whistle note gimmick, she better learn how to speak long or before ,because I only heard loy, befoy etc. Too annoying.

A-lister

Veteran
It's just that there obviously was a battle of the bops between female pop entries tonight, and at least one had to stay away from qualification, there's no way all of Cyprus, Israel, Azerbaijan, Croatia and Malta would qualify.
I think it definitely came down to Croatia vs Israel on the front, both were the weakest of the bunch (imo) and both were very close on the running order. Croatia probably had more televotes but Israel probably trumped Croatia in the jury due to Eden's vocals

I actually think Israel did better than Croatia in both televotes and jury vote, it's not just about Eden's vocals, Israel's performance had more life to it, Croatia's more static... and yes I think Israel also has a stronger bop, but that of course depends on who you ask.

I'd rather say that this was between Azerbaijan and Croatia, since I think Azerbaijan didn't do that great with juries...

But then again I think all bops could have qualified even if juries didn't have this constant love-affair with Sweden (we'll see if that was the case with the split results but I have a feeling it could have been).

Yazy

Eh...

It happened like that this time, but I usually don´t use the "battle of the songs of the same genre" theory when predicting results, as I really do not think that it is somehow impossible for all the songs of the same genre to make it through.

A-lister

Veteran
Eden's vocals did nothing to me. I don't care about whistle note gimmick, she better learn how to speak long or before ,because I only heard loy, befoy etc. Too annoying.

It's not just about the whistle note though, if you really think that alone brings you a combined top. 10 then nah, the general performance was simply more inviting to the viewer, more sassy and fun, Croatia's was more static and cold let's be honest...

Yeah, I don't really get the Tones and I type of pronunciation Eden is going for either but oh well...

DanielLuis

I actually think Israel did better than Croatia in both televotes and jury vote, it's not just about Eden's vocals, Israel's performance had more life to it, Croatia's more static... and yes I think Israel also has a stronger bop, but that of course depends on who you ask.

I'd rather say that this was between Azerbaijan and Croatia, since I think Azerbaijan didn't do that great with juries...

But then again I think all bops could have qualified even if juries didn't have this constant love-affair with Sweden (we'll see if that was the case with the split results but I have a feeling it could have been).
Hmm I believe someone like Romania was 11th, and the fallen bop (aka Croatia) was like 12th/13th overall. Probably not far away from qualification points-wise anyway, mind you
And I do think that Sweden could have been 10th and the danger zone bop (Israel or Azerbaijan in my mind) was 9th, but we'll see I guess :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Eh...

It happened like that this time, but I usually don´t use the "battle of the songs in same genre" theory when predicting results, as I really do not think that it is somehow impossible for all the songs of the same genre to make it through.

This!

I also think all bops could have qualified and we'll have to wait for the split results to see, but I think they were all top. 10 with the televotes so I also don't get the logic that they would cancel each other out, if they are among the best entries then why would suddenly a worse one jump in front just because it's another type of genre? I don't get it xshrug

Also, they were still distinct enough so xshrug

Top Bottom