I play those games my way and you'll be beggin'
"Please baby, don't go, don't go, don't go"

Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

MAD20

So sad Rijeka was not chosen... I didn't think it was a bad performance at all and it could have stood out in semi 1, being the Ktheju Tokes of this year. Now their chances to qualify are a bit lower xcry (not as low as last year ofc).

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Y'all really think "Rijeka" could've stand a chance to shine in a semi where "Shum" exists? Ukraine would've eaten Nina Flopina for breakfast, especially with her tragique outfit choices. It's good I didn't follow this NF closely before today, because I wouldn't have survived the hype for her. Yes, her song was nice, but it really wasn't that. I already saw what she can do in 2016, thank you next.

"Tick-Tock" has a lot of potential and once it's free from the shackles that are the Dora NF budget (like the powerpoint words mood on those screens), the staging can improve a lot in May. Hell, could even throw a revamp or two as well. 🐝

Giving it :8: for now xdance

Loindici

Veteran
Bottom 3 in Vidbir's semi.
Pre-2016 ... :unsure: If they've got money in those bags to bribe the jury :ROFLMAO:

Soo is Tick Tock gonna win over a Swedish entry in Vidbir semi? I'm confused tho

Tinchey

True that, although I don't know what to predict with Semi 1 aside of the Nordics, Lithuania, and Ukraine easily qualifying. The contest has been on a break for a year and I think some voting patters would change. Croatia could slide on and be that 9th or 10th, though.
I think it is a reach thinking Ukraine is a safe qualifier. Shum is a bottom entry with juries for sure.

Aside from that, I am so happy with this outcome, with Albina winning, Nina being second and Mia third. None of the song are amazing, these three are close to being good. Nina needs to come back next edition with a song that's not written by Miki Solus, the two of them really fucked up the meaning of folk singing in Croatian language. All she needs to win is a mellow ballady ethno song. Mia was cute, also Beta was nice... the rest however.

Romeo

WOOOOOOAH.... Croatia... You just sent MY JAM!!!!! Welcome back to the final!

6b2.gif

Tick Tock makes the party pop!!!

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
🇭🇷 Dora is one of the very few NFs I pay any attention to [🇱🇻 as it is my own country and sometimes I follow 🇵🇹 as well]; had heard the snippets before and Rijeka was my absolute favorite (Lighthouse was in my top 10, this would have probably been in my top 3), the song is 🔥 but the performance was not really, and for some reason I probably have to feel some relief that she won't screw this up later with questionable fashion choices or anything else that does not look/sound good in any way so yeah...

What I think about the winning song, it is kind of a song I usually am not fond of but it is somewhat catchy, there are several things I really like about it xshifty it also seemed the better alternative to me after seeing the rest, the performance was okay and I did not really want Croatia to go for Diana Gurtskaya, so it would be a comfortable 7/10 (12) for now.

Also bless Share The Love getting 34 pts from the televote xrofl

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Tick Tock isn't bad but it's not exactly good either. It's really middling. You think it might be building to something but then the chorus comes and it's like someone's untied your balloon and all the air is escaping as it plops around the room. It's mildly annoying although I think the OH NO OH NO OH NO bit works well enough. For what it is it's well staged and Albina is charismatic. I love her hair. She could have 12 points if we were scoring hair. As a song and performance though it can have my :6: points for now (an upgrade of 1 point from my initial mark after she first performed x). 5 points for the song + 1 extra for the energy on stage which I appreciate. Albina seems likeable. Now GROW ON ME. That's an order.

The real positive is that it's nice you're finally sending a poppy song again. It's just you've missed out on better, tonight and in the past.

Never forget.

Teaisloveable

Although Tick Tock was 4th in my Dora ranking (1: Rijeka, 2: Come This Way, 3: Colors) I think its a decent bop with a lot of on-the-night potential. Is it a guaranteed qualifier? Perhaps not, we will have to wait and see what the remaining 35 countries give us, it's still early! But I think it fairs a chance. Its certainly not a write off, I like it!

xcheer

opinionsigotem

This is the first time I've liked Croatia since Moja Stikla. A wonderful, wonderful result today (cruel that both this and Rijeka couldn't have won but that's life). Qualification is possible, be proud, Croatia!

Loindici

Veteran
For me it's a :10: for now.

Pål Nordahl

It's right in the middle for me. I neither love nor hate it. Will I skip it on Spotify? No. Will I put it on replay? Also no. :5: points.

Last edited:

Ianp16

Cheryl Cole circa 2009 meets Eleni Foureira. I was rooting for Croatia but it seems they're stuck in the 00's. 4 points.

grazy2266

Hmmmm, this to me feels very much like a middle of the road song, I can't say I'm overly impressed, but may need to hear it a few more times first.

Top Bottom