7 6.2%

11 9.7%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Croatia-scaled.jpg

njdevils94

Veteran
Eurosong.hr put on a show with past Eurovision and Dora acts. It was very enjoyable in my opinion.

Artists include Damir Kedžo, Franka, Luka Nižetić, Domenica, Aklea Neon, Krajliv uluce, Antonija Šola, Mia Negovetić and others sing their own songs as well as other ESC songs in the Balkan region.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Bless you :hr:, you really know how to capture this Balkan Ballad-loving heart. It sounds very much like something any of the ex-Yugo countries could have sent during the past few decades, and that's precisely why I love it so much. 12 points from me! xlove

MalagaToledo

Banned
I still don't know how this didn't win. At first I was wtf, but dann this is so good. Bozidarka did an amazing job, well done. It would be deserving if any of these 2 win (colonia or bozidarka). Croatia always chooses random entries.

x12points

Yazy

I still don't know how this didn't win. At first I was wtf, but dann this is so good. Bozidarka did an amazing job, well done. It would be deserving if any of these 2 win (colonia or bozidarka). Croatia always chooses random entries.

x12points
Loved the studio version, but I´m glad this didn´t win. It became a circus on stage because of Alen. He is a liability.

crashworld

Veteran

Damir giving the gehs they wanted. A DANCE REMIX version of the song.
And it's funny it got a proper video treatment (a simple one) as compared to the official one which got a cheap-looking lyrics video.

Zonne147

Damir giving the gehs they wanted. A DANCE REMIX version of the song.
And it's funny it got a proper video treatment (a simple one) as compared to the official one which got a cheap-looking lyrics video.

:12: points xbowxbow This version is great

tuorem

My review :

CROATIA 2020 - Damir Kedžo - Divlji vjetre: "It's there"

Sadly, Croatians have disappeared from my radar the last couples of years, I didn't think much of "Crazy" and "The Dream" one way or the other, and I'm disappointed it was the case this year as well.

My commentary will be short because the truth is I don't have much to say about "Divlji vjetre". Yes Damir brought the Balkan ballad spirit to Rotterdam, yes it's sung fully in Croatian and I am here for that... But composition-wise, I just don't think it is remarkable. Don't get me wrong, I don't say it's bad, it's just not giving me a flavour I can get behind in the contest. Out of the Eurovision bubble, I guess it would have been an acceptable song for the national market, but maybe we could use a bit more personality when it comes to the competition. Neither the melody nor the arrangements really catch my attention, we've had better efforts of that genre in the past imo.

I seize this opportunity to give a shout out to Vanja Radovanović's "Inje" that no one except me liked, that flopped big time and yet was well-written imho. xheart

The Croatian entry sits in the depths of my ranking simply because it doesn't kindle anything in me. Damir seemed invested in his performance, which is good, but even the live performance didn't help me to change my mind: it is there.

Prediction-wise, I was pessimistic about their chances of qualification tbh. Even with all the cheese, "The Dream" looked less chanceless to me. To speak plainly, I think it would have sunk without a trace in the semi.

I take it Damir will not be internally selected and Dora will continue? It's sad for him. Croatians need a song that inspires stronger and clearer feelings imo, I'm glad they're with us and keep trying, but I believe they can do better than what they've sent lately. Guys learn something from your Slovenian neighbours! You need to think outside-the-box a bit. I mean, look at your own recent successes: despite the criticism one could direct at Houdek in 2017, his song was "out there" (who thought of a self-duet before?) and it did well in the end. Of course, I don't mean you should send Houdek again, one of his minions or a piece of cheese to succeed :LOL: but thinking past the "conventional" concept-wise for a small nation isn't a bad idea imo.

Fingers crossed for a good lineup next year in Dora. It would be nice to see Croatia with a competitive package again. :)

Milos-BC

Still feel bad for him :( "Divlji vjetre" was such a great song, it had plenty of soul, and I'm sure both the televoters and the juries would've recognized that quality. I hope we will see Kedzo on the ESC stage in the future, but I'm doubtful after everything that happened after Dora 2020.

8 points.

Top Bottom