Contact us

Countries Which Did Not Deserve to Qualify?

Leigh744

Every year there are those songs which did not deserve to qualify to the final, thanks to televoting, disapora etc. However, like this years contest, one semi is weaker than the other, resulting in less deserved qualifiers to the final from one of the semis.

In my opinion, these are the songs I thought didn't deserve to pass to the final, and in brackets what should have qualified instead:

2004: Macedonia (Israel)
2005: Hungary, Norway, Macedonia (Iceland, Belarus, The Netherlands)
2006: Turkey, Macedonia (Belgium, Poland)
2007: Bulgaria, Moldova (Portugal, Andorra)
2008: SF1: Finland (Slovenia) SF2: Croatia (Switzerland)
2009: SF1: Israel (Montenegro) SF2: Lithuania, Croatia (Ireland, Slovenia)
2010: SF1: Bosnia&Herzegovina, Russia (Slovakia, Finland) SF2: Ukraine, Cyprus (Sweden, Croatia)

94ayd

2004: Malta, Netherlands, Bosnia & Herzergovina, Cyprus, Croatia, maybe Greece (Andorra, Belarus, Finland, Monaco, Denmark, Portugal)
2005: Denmark, Latvia, Macedonia (Austria, Lithuania, Iceland or Andorra, Ireland, Poland)
2006: Ireland, Russia, Lithuania, maybe Sweden/Turkey/Finland (Bulgaria, Slovenia, Andorra, Belarus, Belgium, Monaco, Poland, Iceland)
2007: Serbia, Hungary, Turkey, Latvia, maybe Belarus/Macedonia (Cyprus, Albania, Norway, Denmark, Malta, Estonia, Portugal, maybe Poland)
2008,1: Israel, Azerbaijan, Finland, Russia, maybe Poland (Andorra, Netherlands, Ireland, Moldova, Slovenia)
2008,2: Croatia, maybe Denmark/Ukraine (Bulgaria, Hungary, Malta, maybe Czechia)
2009,1: Bosnia & Herzegovina, maybe Portugal/Malta/Finland (Czechia, Belgium, Belarus, Andorra)
2009,2: Norway, Denmark, Azerbaijan, Greece, Lithuania (Ireland, Latvia, Slovenia and some of Poland/Cyprus/Slovakia)
2010,1: Russia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belgium, Belarus, maybe Serbia (Slovakia, Finland, Latvia, Poland & Malta/Macedonia)
2010,2: Israel, Cyprus, maybe Georgia, Azerbaijan (Croatia, Netherlands, Slovenia & Lithuania/Switzerland)

As you can clearly see, I haven't been too happy with the results lately. :lol:

Sabiondo

Only i can complain about Macedonia from 2004 to 2006.. they stolen in unfair way to Poland & Potugal his spot intro the finals as well.

Also Turkey in 2006 & Russia in 2010.

Top Bottom