Contact us

Copa America 2011

lucian-crusher

The 43rd edition of Copa America starts today in Argentina. Copa America is the South American version of EURO. The last edition was in 2007 and was won by Brazil after a 3-0 win against Argentina. The opening match will be Argentina - Bolivia.

Here are the 3 groups:

Group A
Argentina
Colombia
Costa Rica (Olympic Team)
Bolivia

Group B
Brazil
Paraguay
Ecuador
Venezuela

Group C
Uruguay
Chile
Peru
Mexico (U-23 Olympic Team)

The Top 2 of each group advances to the quater-finals + the Top 2 of the 3rd placed teams.

The Final is scheduled on July 24. Who do you think will win it? :D

Last edited:

Sabiondo

I Predict that the winner (As always) will be beetwen Argentina & Brazil :D

I just enjoy this tournament 4 years ago, And i attended parties of Brazil and Argentina on my town and was great, i was feel just like in any World Cup :)

aletem

Congrats to Venezuela for earning a point over Brazil, their second ever tie against Brazil (and a second one in a row). Venezuela won over Brazil with 0-2, 3 years ago marking their first undefeated match against the Brazilians. Just a note, Venezuela scored only 6 goals against Brazil, while Brazil has scored 82!!! The first goal that Venezuela scored against Brazil was in their 8th encounter, that finished 3-1 for Brazil. It seems now that Venezuela can pretty much take on Brazil. :mrgreen:

lucian-crusher

Paraguay - Brazil 2 - 2

Venezuela - Ecuador 1 - 0

xfruit

Now, :ve: is 99 % qualified and Paraguay has high chances! I really hope to see them both in the quater-finals :D

AlbaniainESC

Argentina.png
we are proud of you .

AlbaniainESC

Because in argentina playing Messi , Higuain and Di Maria :) The best players in the world :)

JackBauer

I enjoyed Colombia & Chile until now, by far the best playing teams in the competition right now

I hope when of them will lift the trophy!

lucian-crusher

Because in argentina playing Messi , Higuain and Di Maria :) The best players in the world :)

Right! They proved it in the matches :lol:

Our commentator said something interesting: ,,Either Messi is a materialist and plays only for money or he is a weak player that was made big bu FC Barcelona and if you take him to a weaker team he can't achieve succes!" :lol:

lucian-crusher

Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Peru and Chile are the first countries 100 % qualified in the quater-finals!

Group A (Final Table)
1. Colombia 3 2 1 0 3-0 7 points
2. Argentina 3 1 2 0 4-1 5 points

3. Costa Rica 3 1 0 2 2-4 3 points
4. Bolivia 3 0 1 2 1-5 1 point

Last edited:

JackBauer

Really? am i the only one thinking Chile as a shot at reaching the final? Chile can beat Paraguay, Venezuela & Brazil i'm sure

the first half of the table is harder to predict as i think Colombia, Argentina & Uruguay are all able to reach the final

Top Bottom