Contact us

Concerts you attended !

chontono

We went to Lindesnes (Norway) to attend the only Secret Garden concert this summer. It was by the lighthouse, an idilic place, the weather was perfect and after the great show, they signed autographs and we could talk to Rolf and Fionnuala :D

Cinderella

Madonna
Bon Jovi ( Best concert ever xheart )
Aerosmith
David Bisbal (two times)
Lara Fabian
Lady Gaga
Duffy
Mika
Sting
Sugababes
Chew Lips , Grafitti6, Mystery Jets ,Noisettes, Plan B , Alex Clare , Chapel Club , The Wombats , The Raveonettes , Interlop , Hurts , Patrick Wolf , The Asteroids Galaxy Tour , Blood Red Shoes, Eugene McGuiness, Michael Kiwanuka, Glas Vegas The XX. @ Summerwell Festival 2011 , 2012 and 2013
Machine Head , Black Label Society ,Soulfly , Lacuna Coil ,Saxon , Sweet Savage , Guns N´Roses , The Cult , Within Temptation , Evanescence , Ugly Kid Joe @ Rock the city festival 2012 ( I'm not such a big fan of rock music..I went there especially for Guns N' Roses, Evanescence and Within Temptation + I got free tickets from a friend of mine :mrgreen:)

Can't wait for Selah Sue's concert on 22.9xheart

EmperorG

I never attended a concert xcry1 That's because no one ever came in Cyprus except Whitesnake and Sabaton 2 years ago xcry1 I was not so in music then, and if someone come soon in Cyprus I'll surely go :D

esc87fan

On my own, I saw two Canadian Idol concerts in Toronto. I saw season 1 winner Ryan Malcolm in 2004 (after which I got to meet him and his opening act Jacynthe), and in 2006 I saw season 3 top two Melissa O'Neil and Rex Goudie

SRBIJA

Banned
I rarely go to concerts, last one I attended was Regina's concert last summer in :ba:

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Seen quite a few but :nl: Caro Emerald last year in :sc: Glasgow was the best! I was front row, and I met her afterwards :D I got a photo and she signed my ticket ;)

CPV4931

I didn´t use to attend concerts before 2011, but since 2011 I´ve seen some famous artists..

:uk: Status Quo (Bayreuth 2011) - I was quite dissapointed from them tbh
:us: The Hooters (Bayreuth 2011)
:de: Culcha Candela (Berlin 2012) - Rainy open-air, but they really made the best out of it :-)
:de: R.I.O. & U-Jean (not really a concert, they played @our local club^^)
+ the artists participating in the ESC-final in Düsseldorf 2011.

Some update in the meatime (just to keep this interesting thread alive :-) )

+

:us: The Killers + :ca: Simple Plan + :de: Sportfreunde Stiller + :de: Kraftklub + :us: Green Day + :us: WAX + :uk: Bullet for My Valentine + :us: Limp Bizkit + :de: Fritz Kalkbrenner (Nürnberg 2012) - Saw this artists during the "Rock im Park"-Festival... the first festival I ever attended and it was really great, so I will go 2014 again :-)
:de: Die Toten Hosen + :de: Thees Uhlmann + :au: The Living End + :fi: Disco Ensemble (Bayreuth 2013) - Great open-air concert with over 20.000 people attending... they really rocked the stadium :-)
:uk: Status Quo + :uk: Uriah Heep (Hof 2013) - SQ were way better than the first time I saw them live
:de: Alligatoah (Bayreuth 2014) - German rapper & one of our newcomers

Next dates:
:de: Cascada (tomorrow @my one of my favorite discos)
"Rock im Park"-Festival with Metallica, Iron Maiden, Linkin Park and Kings of Leon headlining
:de: Spider Murphy Gang
:de: Thees Uhlmann (both playing only 10 kilometers away from my home town)

satinelamort

Once again, I'm way too lazy to attend concerts. (But I do visit the theatre and the ballet now and then.)
But I've been to one amazing concert in my life (okay actually 3 but those other 2 are not worth mentioning)
Helmut Lotti! If anyone knows who that is. Though the audience was 40+, he really rocked it. And we were given some free champagne. ;D Plus, the weather was nice and in the end we didn't even mind to have missed the last train back home. (Sleeping outside the railwaystation was certainly an experience all by itself.)

Cinderella

Madonna
Bon Jovi ( Best concert ever xheart )
Aerosmith
David Bisbal (two times)
Lara Fabian
Lady Gaga
Duffy
Mika
Sting
Sugababes
Chew Lips , Grafitti6, Mystery Jets ,Noisettes, Plan B , Alex Clare , Chapel Club , The Wombats , The Raveonettes , Interlop , Hurts , Patrick Wolf , The Asteroids Galaxy Tour , Blood Red Shoes, Eugene McGuiness, Michael Kiwanuka, Glas Vegas The XX. @ Summerwell Festival 2011 , 2012 and 2013
Machine Head , Black Label Society ,Soulfly , Lacuna Coil ,Saxon , Sweet Savage , Guns N´Roses , The Cult , Within Temptation , Evanescence , Ugly Kid Joe @ Rock the city festival 2012 ( I'm not such a big fan of rock music..I went there especially for Guns N' Roses, Evanescence and Within Temptation + I got free tickets from a friend of mine :mrgreen:)

Can't wait for Selah Sue's concert on 22.9xheart
+
Selah Sue
Gusttavo Lima
Prides, Bastille, Jhon Newman , The 1975 and Chloe Howl @ SummerWell Festival 2014

MyHeartIsYours

I've only been to one concert :lol:

One Direction - Where We Are
250px-1D_Promotional_poster.jpg

I saw them at Manchester Etihad Stadium this May, it was fantastic! :D

chopper1.jpg

And the supporting act was 5 Seconds of Summer:

687574-dda11126-fb59-11e3-9463-539ac6ca705b.jpg

CPV4931

Some update in the meatime (just to keep this interesting thread alive :-) )

+

:us: The Killers + :ca: Simple Plan + :de: Sportfreunde Stiller + :de: Kraftklub + :us: Green Day + :us: WAX + :uk: Bullet for My Valentine + :us: Limp Bizkit + :de: Fritz Kalkbrenner (Nürnberg 2012) - Saw this artists during the "Rock im Park"-Festival... the first festival I ever attended and it was really great, so I will go 2014 again :-)
:de: Die Toten Hosen + :de: Thees Uhlmann + :au: The Living End + :fi: Disco Ensemble (Bayreuth 2013) - Great open-air concert with over 20.000 people attending... they really rocked the stadium :-)
:uk: Status Quo + :uk: Uriah Heep (Hof 2013) - SQ were way better than the first time I saw them live
:de: Alligatoah (Bayreuth 2014) - German rapper & one of our newcomers

Next dates:
:de: Cascada (tomorrow @my one of my favorite discos)
"Rock im Park"-Festival with Metallica, Iron Maiden, Linkin Park and Kings of Leon headlining
:de: Spider Murphy Gang
:de: Thees Uhlmann (both playing only 10 kilometers away from my home town)

Update in the meantime:

+ DJ Antoine @MCT, Trockau: I expected a bit more tbh. But nice show
+ Cascada [MENTION=12480]Hal[/MENTION]ifax, Himmelkron: Nice show but would´ve been better with more audience.
+ Metallica, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, The Offspring, Mando Diao, Fall Out Boy Avenged Sevenfold, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian, Milky Chance, The Pretty Reckless, Jan Delay & Disco No.1, Die Fantastischen Vier, AWOLNATION, Klangkarussell, Alligatoah, Portugal.The Man, 257ers, Gesaffelstein @Rock im Park-Festival, Nürnberg: Four days of rock, just great :-) I expected a bit more from Metallica, but was really surprised by Iron Maiden and Kaiser Chiefs (both with great shows)
+ Thees Uhlmann, Spider Murphy Gang @Plassenburg, Kulmbach: Two concerts in a castle near my home town - was a really nice atmosphere :-)
+ Atlas Losing Grip, Black Spiders, Red Fang @Rock im Wald, Neuensee: Nice, small festival with good bands

Next dates:
Sunrise Avenue @Schlossplatz, Coburg
Thees Uhlmann, Sportfreunde Stiller @Schlossplatz, Coburg
Beatsteaks @Brose Arena, Bamberg
[MENTION=5194]MyHeartIsYours[/MENTION]: Looks great :-)

ShoeFlo

We have an annual cultural festival here in Bremen which is called "Breminale" and it takes place every summer.
There are always lots of foreign and domestic bands performing their songs. Just a few of them are kinda famous, most are unpopular.
I personally like the rather unpopular bands, because they keep a closer contact to their fans.

Well, one of the most interesting bands were the Icelandic band "Vio" which makes a mixture between pop, rock and folk music.
it's a very new band, founded in January I think but they immediately managed to win "Músíktilraunir", an important Icelandic music competition, so they might have good perspectives in the Icelandic music scene.
They performed two songs at the Breminale. One of these is called "You lost it":

The other song was even better, unfortunately I didn't find it on Youtube

I got the possibility to meet the band members in person. Together with another band and some friends of me we were drinking, chilling and chatting together. It was very interesting and they are really nice guys. I promised the singer to visit them in Iceland during the next two years. Not sure if I can keep my word :lol:
Whatever.. I hope they gonna have success and we will hear many from them prospectively.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vio.iceland/timeline

Sean

Admin
Staff member
:uk: The 1975
:se: Alesso
:uk: Amber Run
:uk: Amelia Lily
:se: Avicii
:ca: B. Traits
:uk: Beans on Toast
:uk: Bipolar Sunshine
:uk: Bombay Bicycle Club (twice)
:uk: BURNS
:us: Cage The Elephant
:uk: Catfish and the Bottlemen
:uk: Circa Waves
:de: CK
:ca: Datsik
:uk: Dizzee Rascal
:uk: Dutch Uncles
:uk: Eddie Halliwell
:uk: Everything Everything
:uk: Feed Me
:uk: Flux Pavilion
:uk: Flyte
:uk: Foals
:uk: Frank Turner
:uk: Fratellis
:uk: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.
:se: Hardwell (twice)
:uk: Josh Record
:uk: King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys
:at: Klangkarussell
:au: Knife Party
:ph: :nl: Laidback Luke
:uk: Let The Machines Do The Work
:uk: Lianne la Havas
:uk: Little Comets
:uk: Mat Zo
:uk: Matrix & Futurebound
:us: The Neighbourhood
:au: Nervo
:uk: Newton Faulkner
:uk: Outfit
:uk: Prides
:uk: Racing Glaciers
:uk: Rae Morris (twice)
:uk: Razorlight
:us: Reel Big Fish
:uk: Saint Raymond
:uk: Spector
:jp: :us: Steve Aoki
:uk: Swim Deep
:uk: That F-cking Tank
:nl: Tiesto
:uk: White Lies
:uk: Yuck
:nz: Zane Lowe

It's quite a list...

dogmeat

I think the craziness of the pit depends on the fans. I've heard the pits at hard rock/ metal concerts can turn into fist fights. So you can try to separate the pits, but the way people are going to party depends on the fans.
Fist fights? Nonsense, at least to my experience. I feel absolutely safe in the middle of the pit and even though I'm small-framed, I've never gone out with as much as a bruise. Not because it isn't crazy (it can be mad as hell), but because people simply care not to harm others and will pick you up in 0.1s when you fall down.
I understand what you mean by wanting some space. It's not about people, though, but about... you know, space xD You can't do much if it's limited. That's why open air shows are great; just go to the back and have as much room and fresh air for yourself as you want :]

I never attended a concert xcry1 That's because no one ever came in Cyprus except Whitesnake and Sabaton 2 years ago xcry1 I was not so in music then, and if someone come soon in Cyprus I'll surely go :D
Oh cmon, it's not like only big names play concerts. I frequently go to small concerts in a local club and I really recommend it. It's as fun as any huge event and I also get to know artists I would otherwise never find out about. And most importantly, it's a great way to socialize as it's usually the same people who come there every time.

EmperorG

dogmeat said:
Oh cmon, it's not like only big names play concerts. I frequently go to small concerts in a local club and I really recommend it. It's as fun as any huge event and I also get to know artists I would otherwise never find out about. And most importantly, it's a great way to socialize as it's usually the same people who come there every time.
Trust me, it's because you don't live in Cyprus. :lol: The only concerts we have here in Hard Rock/Metal genre, is from the most 5 bands that play live in some rock bars etc. :lol: Okay, there are some Greek bands playing here. But none of them are so ''metal''. But...here we have some plastic music concerts...Steve Aoki came here about a month ago...I can't get it...why to go to a concert to just see one man pushing some buttons? :rolleyes:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Trust me, it's because you don't live in Cyprus. :lol: The only concerts we have here in Hard Rock/Metal genre, is from the most 5 bands that play live in some rock bars etc. :lol: Okay, there are some Greek bands playing here. But none of them are so ''metal''. But...here we have some plastic music concerts...Steve Aoki came here about a month ago...I can't get it...why to go to a concert to just see one man pushing some buttons? :rolleyes:

I don't even know where to begin with this...

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
That's my opinion, you have to respect it. :mrgreen:

I don't think I do, to be honest. :p But unfortunately, I can't talk sh*t about metal, because I happen to like that as well. However, as I've been to several "plastic music concerts", I can tell you this: I don't go just to see a guy push some buttons. I go there to experience the whole thing, the people that love the same music as me, to see the crowd go crazy with me when the bass drops, and just listen to music I love. Not that I'm a huge fan of Steve Aoki, from what I've heard, he's not really idol material, but if he came to Trondheim, I'd definitely go see (or more specific - listen to) him. To me, it's more about the music, than whoever is behind the decks (but it's still fun when some of the stars visits Norway) ;)

Top Bottom