Contact us

Commentators' quotes 2014

eerik

Our radio commentators are awesome as always although I think they were a bit too sober during the first semi, I guess they are saving themselves for the final. I'n not going to quote them, just in case... but other than commenting some of the acts, they made fun of Putin and a local anti-gay activist.

HabaHaba

What did the commentators say about Poland??

Happiness

Our commentator Bülent Özveren said that for Bulgaria in 2012,

"She says 'I love you' in several languages. In short, she is asking for votes."

Well, Turkey gave 10 points to Bulgaria. So, don't take those things so serious. That's just momentic things. No one would let commentator comments to ignore them voting.

Deleted member 8866

I remeber two funny comments from :sl: commentator Andrej Hofer, during the first semi final:

"A cup of coffee in Belgian style" ("Cup of coffee" or in Slovenian "Skodelica kave" is a story, written by Ivan Cankar. In it he describes how he hurt his mother, after he wished to drink coffee and then rejected the cup, when she made it just for him)

"It looks like San Marino is such a small country that they only have one singer"

I honestly don't remeber any of his comments during the second semi final.

Magizian

I really just hate the Danish commentator. He's too damn patriotic, and everytime a Scandinavian country is on he's shitting himself with excitement for some juvenile reason. Also, he is always talking about the odds, which I think is just unfair. I hope it won't influence people too much..

Ole Tøpholm? Or are you talking about his standin Anders?

Knubelznarm

Ole Tøpholm? Or are you talking about his standin Anders?

Both actually. I mean... Anders called Armenia "Eastern Europe's best chance of a win". And he said Georgia "is the favourite in the bettings... to take last place." The Nordics on the other hand, he speaks of in a much more positive way. That's bullsh!t.
Ole is just talking about Denmark all the time...

cegs5

I must say that the Finns commentators are very respectful and soberb, but not boring. They give some extra info about the background of the artist or composers. Yet they commented how wonderful was Conchita amd how difficult could be a qualification for Georgia with that song....but they are not biased and don't influence the televoting.

Terence

Haha, our spokesperson said:

:pl: - guys, cover your ears and open your eyes
He did mention something about the Portuguese and Lithuanian outfits too...

Naughtyboy

The Romanian commentary is terrible. He has a very annoying voice and he is not respecting the viewers. While Conchita and the others were being interviewed in the green room, he started explaining the Australian interval act that we saw before. :eek: wtf?!

DerMoment1608

Can I ask if the story about Aram's supposed homophobic comments was mentioned by any commentator?

Stanirama

Can't watch BBC any longer - so I have the choice between Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Germany.

Denmark always tends to be the worst of those four. Just plain obnoxious for the reasons already given by others.

Forgot his name, but the ARD commentator is very pleasant.

susanhm

GermanBango

Our commentator Peter Urban was really shocked when they've fired up the confetti from the commentators lounges... he said something like "f***ing hell" xrofl

Anjeza

Our commentator Peter Urban was really shocked when they've fired up the confetti from the commentators lounges... he said something like "f***ing hell" xrofl

The first was S*** xrofl After that I couldn't hear what he was saying because the whole room was laughing so loud :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can I ask if the story about Aram's supposed homophobic comments was mentioned by any commentator?

I didn't specifically say it was homophobic. From what I remember Graham Norton said that Aram had voice some opinions and views that others do not agree with. Unlike with the SF's where the commentators vocally say that hate and like songs. Graham is much more fair in his commentating and doesn't say his favourites. The closest he gets to it is saying thinks like "I don't expect that do entirely well" "I would have thought that would do better".

Mrm

Veteran
Here on RTS we had 2 commentators male and female..female's fave was The Netherlands and male's fave wasSweden, so they were satisfied with places they got..but they were a bit ironical about Austria..

Kairit

Can't imagine Eurovision without Marko Reikop. He isn't very funny and he doesn't try to be necessarily unless he's making a lame joke, but sometimes some lines come out of him, which are funny to me at least and he can be sarcastic sometimes like many commentators and take it with a bit of irony. Sometimes you can hear in his voice and sighs and what he's saying how he's like "oh here we go with this crap again for another year" but over-all he's pretty light-hearted, yup. Love him although I don't know how many Estonians agree with that as they seem to want everything to very professional and stuff. I don't agree with that. He's like a good pal to watch Eurovision together with every year and make fun of it a little bit and I love when commentators are like that. But he does his job well, you know.

I was rewatching the final tonight and gathered some quotes that I liked:
(Talking about Cheesecake) His nickname is cheesecake, because the song is named Cheesecake and he shares the recipe very kindly everywhere. We are putting the recipe up on Ringvaade Facebook page right now and you can make it, it really is a very delicious cake, if you want to try it.
(Talking about the parliament member of the Icelandic entry) .. So, circus and politics are united.
(About the Romanian entry) They were asked what guarantees their luck this time and what is different as opposed to last time, then they only smiled and said that they feel great honor to be in Eurovision again.. (They start performing) Well, now here the great honor is again then.
*Saying half-laughingly* Observant listeners say that Sanna sang about how her iPad is lost and how she can't find it. Well let's hope that by the end of the finale she gets it back.
(About Andras going to Hungary to visit his grandma.) He came to Hungary to see his grandma, instead saw a talent show on the tv, *bursting out a little laugh* hopefully also his grandma.
(The Graham Norton bit) I'm pretty sure it's pretty spontaneous and that it hasn't been practised, at least the shooting of those yellow things ... Well now the crowd gets the same sauna on their heads.
(During the Molly cake reaction) "What on earth" She said oh oo öö.
(During the voting about Marko from Macedonia) Beautiful name he has, yes.
(Macedonia gives 12 points to Montenegro) *Saying with a dreary voice* Well yeah.. Well indeed, does anybody imagine that this could be a winning song then.. Moj Svijet.. They imagine, but they are one of the few.
(Moldova gives 12 points to Romania) *Same dreary voice* Well yeah, what else there is to say.
(Ireland's presenter has a tie the same pattern as his shirt) Very striking tie.
(Spanish presenter talking) Very nice accent. (Long pause before saying the top points) Well, you're supposed to say it now.

And the best one imo: (After Denmark performs) I'm pretty interested, I would like to know how many votes they really get thanks to that nice poster with a sharp message saying "love" they put up and that eventually fell down.

Top Bottom