Contact us

Commentators' quotes 2014

Rteger

Did your commentators are also in such a great form as Polish one, Artur Orzech? Remember any quotes of them? :)

Some of his golden thoughts...

Latvia: We have such a comfort we don't vote in this semifinal and therefore don't have to choose this song.

Estonia: Seems they are ashamed of their backing vocals, as they hid them.
Well, this man had to carry some.

Montenegro: And now we're back to Axel (Hirsoux), here we'll see... a mix of an ice-skater and a usual one. I'm curious will she make a triple axel jump.

Georgia: Our friends from Georgia prepared 360 glasses of wine for this postcard. Then they kept drying them till the morning.

Austria: Please fasten your seatbelts and don't regulate your TVs.

Not sure, maybe Belarus: We had an eyewink, we had a kiss, ye, I like that.

Greece: That song hadn't been written with the Eurovision in mind but rather the club scene. That was easy to hear.

And two epic ones:

FYR Macedonia: ŁUP ŁUP ŁUP (bang bang bang)... yeah... we have left this song behind, too...

Romania: What a miracle Eurovision rules doesn't allow to present songs longer than 3 minutes. It could last a lot longer after all.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Georgia: (from Laura) Thats 3 Minutes I wont get back
Israel: (From Scott) it was just general mocking of her deep voice.
Macedonia: (From Laura) Pat Butcher (from eastenders) is currently on a plane to Copenhagen. (in reference to the huge earrings)

ParadiseES

How is it allowed to throw that crap? That's completely unrespectful. Commentators are to present the singers and the songs and should have zero influence in the voting. EBU should do something about this.

AdelAdel

How is it allowed to throw that crap? That's completely unrespectful. Commentators are to present the singers and the songs and should have zero influence in the voting. EBU should do something about this.

Lol, the commentator can say whatever he wants as long as he doesn't say "don't vote for this" or "vote for that", that would be wrong indeed.

Rteger

In such a case Terry Wogan should have been banned from commentating the contest in 70's already.

Happiness

You need some sense of humor :rolleyes:

ParadiseES

Lol, the commentator can say whatever he wants as long as he doesn't say "don't vote for this" or "vote for that", that would be wrong indeed.

Well, there's not much difference........

ParadiseES

You need some sense of humor :rolleyes:

I have a wide sense of humour and I don't need you to give me some, thanks ;)

This is about respect and being fair. After the show they can make a talk show to bash or praise everyone if they want, but before voting, they should shut the f**ck up and be objective.

Knubelznarm

I really just hate the Danish commentator. He's too damn patriotic, and everytime a Scandinavian country is on he's shitting himself with excitement for some juvenile reason. Also, he is always talking about the odds, which I think is just unfair. I hope it won't influence people too much..

DanielLuis

The Portuguese commentator is pretty much objective and to the point.

PashonFrut

I really just hate the Danish commentator. He's too damn patriotic, and everytime a Scandinavian country is on he's shitting himself with excitement for some juvenile reason.

:lol::lol::lol:

PashonFrut

I love mean commentators :oops: That is just my sick humour I guess. The Germans have a word for this, they call it 'Schadefreude'. Apparently there is no word for it in English, it basicly means having a laugh at the expense of others (or smth) :lol:

cassio

I really just hate the Danish commentator. He's too damn patriotic, and everytime a Scandinavian country is on he's shitting himself with excitement for some juvenile reason. Also, he is always talking about the odds, which I think is just unfair. I hope it won't influence people too much..

I all in with you...... but I think that both the stand in Anders and Ole are boring .... its to diplomatic and nice .......... I normally watch BBC on the final evening because I actually think that Graham Norton can be funny were Terry Wogan since 1990 became more and more rude.... Glad he stopped.

r3gg13

That's what commentators are for, to give comments...

You can vote for whoever you want, don't assume that people will just vote (or not vote) for songs just because a commentator bashes on an entry.

People are smart enough to think for themselves.

EscGeek

Veteran
:sl: Andrej Hofer
"Ralph Siegel will soon be celebrating his 17th....i mean his 70th bithday"

HarryUK

Veteran
:uk: Laura Whitmore (semi final commentator)
"That's three minutes of my life I'll never get back" - after Georgia performed

ParadiseES

That's what commentators are for, to give comments...

You can vote for whoever you want, don't assume that people will just vote (or not vote) for songs just because a commentator bashes on an entry.

People are smart enough to think for themselves.

There are smart people and also non-smart ones...... When it comes to vote and decide, commentators and journalists should not say a thing that can influence the whole thing, that's the essence of this work. Anything else is just self-promotion.

And obviously, commentators are not here to give specific comments or opinions ;)

anto475

I miss Terry Wogan. Graham is funny in other regards but his humour isn't as funny as Wogan's. Our own commentator, Marty Whelan, just gets flustered with the foreign names and knows absolutely nothing about the contest and is generally incredibly boring. Although he did make one very funny joke about :az:'s trapeze act this year "Can I bring a friend to Eurovision?" "Of course, Dilara, but what will your friend do?" "Oh she'll just hang around" :lol::lol:

Top Bottom