Contact us

Classic Elimination Game: Eurovision Song Contest 2022

ESCDenmark

Hi all eurovision fans
Now that all Eurovision songs are released, we can start the Classic Elimination Game of 2022.

The rules are simple:
Save one country per day (00.00-23.59 in your own time zone)
You are allowed to save your own country
The last country that is unsaved is eliminated.

Let´s begin:

:al: Albania: Ronela Hajati - Sekret
:am: Armenia: Rosa Linn - Snap
:au: Australia: Sheldon Riley - Not The Same
:at: Austria: Lumix feat. Pia Maria - Halo
:az: Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli - Fade To Black
:be: Belgium: Jérémie Makiese - Miss You
:bg: Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Projekt - Intention
:hr: Croatia: Mia Dimšić - Guilty Pleasure
:cy: Cyprus: Andromache - Ela
:cz: Czech Republic: We Are Domi - Lights Off
:dk: Denmark: Reddi - The Show
:ee: Estonia: Stefan - Hope
:fi: Finland: The Rasmus - Jezebel
:fr: France: Alvan and Ahez - Fulenn
:ge: Georgia: Circus Mircus - Lock Me In
:de: Germany: Malik Harris - Rockstars
:gr: Greece: Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord - Die Together
:is: Iceland: Systur - Með hækkandi sól
:ie: Ireland: Brooke - That's Rich
:il: Ireland: Michael Ben David - I.M
:it: Italy: Mahmood and Blanco - Brividi
:lv: Latvia: Citi Zēni - Eat Your Salad
:lt: Lithuania: Monika Liu - Sentimentai
:mt: Malta: Emma Muscat - I Am What I Am
:md: Moldova: Zdob și Zdub and Frații Advahov - Trenulețul
:me: Montenegro: Vladana - Breathe
:nl: Netherlands: S10 - De diepte
:mk: North Macedonia: Andrea - Circles
:no: Norway: Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf a Banan
:pl: Poland: Ochman - River
:pt: Portugal: Maro - Saudade, saudade
:ro: Romania: WRS - Llámame
:sm: San Marino: Achille Lauro - Stripper
:rs: Serbia: Konstrakta - In corpore sano
:sl: Slovenia: LPS - Disko
:es: Spain: Chanel - SloMo
:se: Sweden: Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer
:ch: Switzerland: Marius Bear - Boys Do Cry
:uk: United kingdom: Sam Ryder - Space Man
:ua: Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra - Stefania

Last edited:

Zonne147

Is anyone else also feeling slightly suspicious about the big number of saves we get from accounts with <5 posts on the last day of this game? ;)

I would of course hate to scare anyone away, some of you certainly are genuine newcomers to this site who felt like finally joining the game - so please do participate and welcome, this forum truly is a great place! :)

But still, I find this sudden increase a little peculiar at the very least...

Absolutely, yesterday I was already a bit suspicious but today it's way too obvious, someone has clearly voted for more than one time :lol:

The accounts all joined the forum in similar times to do the exact same thing in the forum game, you can see some similarities in the way they have voted back then and now they're back because someone desperately wants their favorite to win this game :lol:

It's not in the rules, but I don't think it is fair and that we should go back a few rounds xthink

Looren

Veteran
Absolutely, yesterday I was already a bit suspicious but today it's way too obvious, things are going the way I wanted but someone has clearly voted for more than one time :lol:

The accounts all joined the forum in similar times to do the exact same thing in the forum game and now they're back because someone desperately wants their favorite to win this game

It's not in the rules, but I don't think it is fair and that we should go back a few rounds xthink

Well if that person's fave is Estonia I think we should keep it that way :mrgreen:

Zonne147

Well if that person's fave is Estonia I think we should keep it that way :mrgreen:

AGREE! xlove

Well, things are going well for my personal taste but it is getting too obvious at this point that someone is trying too hard to make their favorites win this :lol:

Looren

Veteran
AGREE! xlove

Well, things are going well for my personal taste but it is getting too obvious at this point that someone is trying too hard to make their favorites win this :lol:

Tbh I didn't notice anything but well I woke up like 20 mins ago so my brain is not fully connected :lol:

Zerocalcare

Hello everyone, now that the game is about to end I promised that I would reveal all its secrets. Because the Classic Elimination Game has hidden strategies! There are precise techniques to get your preferences the maximum result. Unwritten techniques that only a few players know and know how to apply. Other than "sincere pastime", the Classic Elimination Game is cruel and with inside players who, by maintaining a low profile, manipulate the flow of the game.
Before moving on to the techniques, I want to reveal the three factions that have formed this year:

1. Ukraine Group: this team has never been cohesive but has gathered together players driven by the desire to reward Ukraine both because they liked the song and because they are emotionally involved with today's terrible events. I have always appreciated this group because it is the most sincere.
  2. The Vikings also known as "the Nordic lions": after the sudden and surprising elimination of several Nordic nations at the start of the game by another team, this group managed to mathematically reward the Nordic nations. However, the advantage gained by another team was now too great and these players concentrated on voting for the Netherlands, Finland and Estonia in an almost maniacal way. This group is also not cohesive but is linked by a geopolitical brotherhood which, at some point, can be broken. Even if they are brothers and sisters there is always a lot of competition.
  3. BOP! Oligarchy: absentmindedly observing the other competitions and reminding me of the members who in this forum are more connected to each other, you can see that there is a third group, a mixed but extremely cohesive group made up of "best friends" who vote every year linear and mechanical. They are real strategists and it is because of them that there was the surprise elimination of the kept Nordic songs (which unlike others enjoy a strong fandom). The BOP! Oligarchy loves catchy or weird songs and will try to favor them in every edition. The ultimate dream of this faction is the achievement of the legendary "BOP 10!" 😄

The rest of the players are simple lovers of the game or a specific song who often have to contend with the path that the voting superpowers have created.

I always recommend voting with the heart ❤️ but ... you will end up disappointed most of the time. Do you want to take control? Making the game more unpredictable? Push your nation only with your strength to the finish line? You can do it! 😎

Every year in the European fandoms I am used to seeing Italy snubbed by an extremist part of the bubble and this year, where the songs are a little on the same level, here on EscYOUnited I was really afraid of an unjust and humiliating elimination (in fact it is happened to the UK). So, becoming aware of what I learned by observing the modus operandi of the players, I brought Italy to the maximum result: an eighth place. If I had not implemented these techniques, at best, Italy would have taken the place of Sweden.

Here are the secret techniques of the Classic Elimination Game:
  • Remove a slot:
This is a very treacherous technique. By voting on a nation that is very weak and will never win the annual ESC or the Classic Elimination Game, you take a stand out of a strong song! Simply put, voting for a weak song hinders a strong song. Want an example of some of the many players who used it? I by voting for Bulgaria, Mrm by voting for North Macedonia and Sammy by voting for Israel (unleashing the Hatrid of Mrm who knew that vote was dangerous).

• Team vote:
Having a strong and cohesive team can heavily affect the flow of the game. This way you can save your favorite nations and hinder your opponents at the same time. Technique used in a winning way by the BOP! Oligarchy.

• Close votes.
You can vote twice in a short time: at 23:59 and at 00:00. Or you can vote three times by not waiting 24 hours but only waiting for 12: voting at 23:59, at 12:00 the following day and at 00:00 the next day. Doing so can greatly affect the game and... this is legal! The only negative is that you have to take advantage of these votes at the right time because at the end of your last vote you will have to wait again 24 hours to be able to vote again and the other players could take advantage of it.

• Up List:
Saving your favorite country instead of putting it last on the SAVED list will put it at the top of the list. By doing so, the most naïve players will think the song is strong. Otherwise, a song that is always on the verge of elimination will cause the fandom to tire and eliminate it. It's psychology! Furthermore, it can also be a "morse message" to tell your allies to be careful because the song that was saved is in danger of weakening.

• Observation of the strategy and evolution of the game:
I think it's obvious what I mean.

• Double Account:
It is an illegal technique, risky for the member who uses it (because it would risk revealing its sockpuppet nature) but very successful. In this game there is not the same control as the Ranking Game and we know that there is this possibility. In fact, we've seen new users and an increase in players as the game hit its hottest times. I hate this technique and find it bleak. I prefer to win by sweating or losing rather than winning with this wizard tricks. Don't do it too! I beg you! 😣

Conclusion:

Do you want to know the techniques I used? The number 1, the number 3 and the number 5 😎

Interesting, no? 😃 Study well and next year, I guarantee you, it will be even more exciting! 🤓

HayashiM

Veteran
AGREE! xlove

For my taste, the final 8 is absolutely awesome, but that's not really the point here, is it... Wonder if it is too much of a stretch to ask some of the admins to have a look at today's IPs? :eek:

In other news, hello our Italian friend. Funny to see you back ;)

Looren

Veteran
For my taste, the final 8 is absolutely awesome, but that's not really the point here, is it... Wonder if it is too much of a stretch to ask some of the admins to have a look at today's IPs? :eek:

Let's continue, see who wins, if Estonia wins we keep it like that, if it doesn't we restart everything :lol:

Jk, I think you're right

Chalphon

Absolutely, yesterday I was already a bit suspicious but today it's way too obvious, someone has clearly voted for more than one time :lol:

The accounts all joined the forum in similar times to do the exact same thing in the forum game, you can see some similarities in the way they have voted back then and now they're back because someone desperately wants their favorite to win this game :lol:

Maybe next year there can be a new rule that says that people with less than 100 posts can't vote. But for this year it is what it is I guess...

Ringdalen

Who uses a strategy for this game? You just pick one of the songs you like from who’s left. It’s very simple and not part of some grand master plan or loyalty to a location :lol:

Zerocalcare

Maybe next year there can be a new rule that says that people with less than 100 posts can't vote. But for this year it is what it is I guess...
You might as well thank me, brother :cool: I introduced you to rules and disadvantage you didn't know :geek:

Zerocalcare

Who uses a strategy for this game? You just pick one of the songs you like from who’s left. It’s very simple and not part of some grand master plan or loyalty to a location :lol:
There is actually a strategy. You can understand from my previous message that the techniques I talked about have been exploited, are applicable and not imaginary and that the result of the game enhances my words :geek:

Looren

Veteran
Yeah, just going back a few pages, there are 2 users with 3 profiles each using the same IP address.

Then there's a large group of at least 14 profiles all using the same pool of IP addresses.

Jeez people, it's just a game you know. xangry

Thanks for taking time to check xheart

When did it start please ?

Zerocalcare

Yeah, just going back a few pages, there are 2 users with 3 profiles each using the same IP addresses.

Then there's a large group of at least 14 profiles all using the same pool of IP addresses.

Jeez people, it's just a game you know. xangry
Thanks Aardvark. Yet there are people here who laugh at me 😩

Top Bottom