Contact us

China - 中国

Sabiondo

So, Will be see China join at Eurovision or Worldvision in the future?, now that Australia can compete in Eurovision...?

At least China also was broadcast Eurovision in the latest years and their public TV - CCTV is EBU Associated member :mrgreen:

10429387_10154033777212524_4190579347293246203_n.jpg

10675_10154033777277524_5515863741946952069_n.jpg

16787_10154033777732524_9052130816386091259_n.jpg

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Nope, China are still quite reluctant to join in with some Western traditions and cultural activities. Not to mention that Australia will be a one-off for a long time at the very least

Sabiondo

Nope, China are still quite reluctant to join in with some Western traditions and cultural activities. Not to mention that Australia will be a one-off for a long time at the very least

Nope, Chinese society was evolved a lot and its a Big Musical market. Not to mention how modern are various of their cities like Beijing and Shanghai and the Chinese are masters making impressive shows as well :mrgreen:

They organized the Olympic games in 2008, and many Expo shows & Youth Olympic Games.. Soon they will host the Winter Olympic Games of 2022.

Also they are the biggest nation in Asia & the most populated in the Earth = viewers + $$$ for EBU.

So, why EBU will say not to them if they know the huge benefi$$ that could get from Chinese Participation in ESC..?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Well, since they did not broadcast ESC for 30 years and they did not show any interest, I doubt it will happen in the next ~50 years. :lol:

zoyuxi

Oooh this should be interesting. *clap*

But yeah, like Australia, I doubt they would work as an ongoing competitor.

Dante

I don't think in the next 50 years this will happen..maybe not even in the next 100 years,but it would be great to have everybody, though I'd rather have a new contest and keep Eurovision as it is xD

Archer

Personally I wouldn't mind since Australia was allowed to participate. Though I'd prefer Japan if I could choose. Speaking of which; Japan should be invited for once.

wyq614

Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China)
I see 0.00001% of possibility for a Chinese participation in Eurovision in the next 5 years, and a 1% possibility in a 10-year range, although this is what I have always hoped. If it is a worldvision, China will surely participate though.

The biggest problem that stops China from participating is not geographical position, but the refusal to accept values supported by Europe and big cultural differences.

Archer

I see 0.00001% of possibility for a Chinese participation in Eurovision in the next 5 years, and a 1% possibility in a 10-year range, although this is what I have always hoped. If it is a worldvision, China will surely participate though.

The biggest problem that stops China from participating is not geographical position, but the refusal to accept values supported by Europe and big cultural differences.

A Far Easternvision would be ideal ;)

tuorem

What kind of values are you talking about?

Tbh I wouldn't mind a guest country every year now that Australia opened the gates.

wyq614

Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China)
What kind of values are you talking about?

Tbh I wouldn't mind a guest country every year now that Australia opened the gates.

For example, the tolerance.

CCTV broadcasted Eurovision 2013 on 5 October 2013 during National Day holiday (with Krista lesbian kiss censured), and then in December they even broadcasted ESC 2012, when Lang Kun (executive supervisor of CCTV Music Channel) said we would learn from the ESC pattern and Jon Ola Sand expressed his satisfaction and optimism for ESC being viewed by the most populated country of the planet.

But after all these cooperation moves until now CCTV shows no plans for ESC 2014 broadcast, even if Chinese culture is widely mentioned in the Grand Final, because a travesti Conchita Wurst won the contest, and called for unstoppable fighting for tolerance.

Had he not won, CCTV would censure his entry just as if he did not qualify, just as what Azerbaijan did to Armenian entries, but he won, as you can't eliminate the winner from the game, CCTV apparently gave up the broadcasting of ESC 2014.

This is the value, tolerance, that we find it so hard to accept.

tuorem

[MENTION=10773]wyq614[/MENTION] Ok, I see. Actually, the only thing that would prevent you from taking part is indeed the will not to air the performance of a particular country.

If I'm not wrong, Lebanon's debut never happened because they were refusing to broadcast the Israeli performance (of course it wasn't for the same reason but still), so they withdrew instead. So as long as the issue comes from the broadcaster, we may not see you soon.

zoyuxi

There could be a Pacificvision, for countries that border the Pacific Ocean. How does that sound?

Top Bottom