Contact us

Cheating in Eurovision voting

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What happened back then?

I don't know about 1971 but in 1969, 4 countries won. Meaning the following year 4 countries withdrew over the win.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
That, and the fact that most of Scandinavia withdrew because of the four winners. In my eyes, 1971 was the most scandal-ridden contest to date, in terms of the Eurovision itself obviously.

Actually that was in 1970 when Scandinavia withdrew. Sweden, Finland & Norway all took part in 1971

Rodrigo

i find very patetic to cheat on Eurovision. Come on! Is a song contest... I realy like Azerbaijan's entries, but they must stop it!

FilipFromSweden

After the latest news I think Azerbaijan really did cheat..
And that thing about F.Y.R Macedonia is shocking me.

FilipFromSweden

I also find it shamefull to see Russia rage at Azerbaijan because of zero points

LalehForWD

I thought the issue was that Sweden (i.e. Christer Björkman) fixed a victory for Emmelie de Forest. xthinkxthink The reason would be that SVT in collusion with DR, NRK and ARD wants to impose new rules developed by disclosed coverts inside EBU. Ultimately it's a long term effort by the cultural elite to erase the various national identities in Europe. On the other hand, I wonder how much you can earn by ringing/smsing those votes for Azerbaijan. Lets assume you need to send 100 votes per given SIM-card, what minimum pay would you demand? 100 EURO/SIM card? I guess it would be easy peasy to write an Android app that carries out those calls in seconds. For 100 EURO I surely volunteer for at least 10 SIM cards. xup For Aliyev that would mean perhaps about 2 EURO per vote in average - a true win-win scenario. :cool:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

FilipFromSweden

What happened with FYR Macedonia? :O

'' Torbjörn Wester of Swedish news organization Skånska Dagbladet reported Sunday on an undisclosed source from a national delegation at the 2013 contest who revealed new information about the cheating scandal. The source alleged that they were approached by the delegations of Macedonia, Azerbaijan, and an unnamed Southern European country, all who wished to exchange votes in exchange for a substantial amount of money or press. Ljupcho Mirkovski of the Macedonian delegation denies the allegations and further accuses the source of defamation. ''

anto475

I thought the issue was that Sweden (i.e. Christer Björkman) fixed a victory for Emmelie de Forest. xthinkxthink The reason would be that SVT in collusion with DR, NRK and ARD wants to impose new rules developed by disclosed coverts inside EBU. Ultimately it's a long term effort by the cultural elite to erase the various national identities in Europe. On the other hand, I wonder how much you can earn by ringing/smsing those votes for Azerbaijan. Lets assume you need to send 100 votes per given SIM-card, what minimum pay would you demand? 100 EURO/SIM card? I guess it would be easy peasy to write an Android app that carries out those calls in seconds. For 100 EURO I surely volunteer for at least 10 SIM cards. xup For Aliyev that would mean perhaps about 2 EURO per vote in average - a true win-win scenario. :cool:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think there's more than one issue really. One with Bjorkman and his cabal, and the other with Aliyev colluding across Eastern Central Europe and small countries like Malta. Although I feel that Bjorkman is more fixing it more to suit his own personal views on the contest, that is, making it less of a contest and more of a show, one where the schlager always wins. That's just my POV tbf, I've never heard of his collaboration with DR/NRK/ARD at all.

LalehForWD

Well, as a possible protogé of Christer I can't reveal so much details, but I can tell you this: Don't be surprised to see Island or Romania winning the contest next year. xrose As for Aliyev the motives behind seems very far fetched and complicated. I suggest we send the excellent Wiwibloggs reporter undercover to examine the methods. If he make a buck in the process, good for him. :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
but I can tell you this: Don't be surprised to see Island or Romania winning the contest next year.

Come on Spill more. How do you figure this out?

LalehForWD

I can tell you 2 names: Bassflow and G:son. As they will totally dominate the contest next year, they currently discuss who will receive the winning contribution and who will be given the fillers. Bassflow is obsessed with volcanos and will do what he can to promote a volcano country such as Island. It doesn't hurt it's a Nordic country as well. G:son is keen on vampires, so he's more leaning towards Romania. Besides it's about time the two wins the contest, don't you agree?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I can tell you 2 names: Bassflow and G:son. As they will totally dominate the contest next year, they currently discuss who will receive the winning contribution and who will be given the fillers. Bassflow is obsessed with volcanos and will do what he can to promote a volcano country such as Island. It doesn't hurt it's a Nordic country as well. G:son is keen on vampires, so he's more leaning towards Romania. Besides it's about time the two wins the contest, don't you agree?

Iceland do send quality songs. Its pretty much the only country my mum likes in the contest and she has very picky taste. It would be nice to going further north :D Although Edinburgh castle is built on an extinct volcano! so maybe the UK LOL *wishful thinking* I think people would question a third Scandinavian country in the row winning.

LalehForWD

Yes, there you have it! Bassflow fits right into their NF. It will however be a busy year for him, going to country after country. As a newly-been father it will surely wear him down, so I guess we will not see much of him 2015. :(

a1_615.jpg

Top Bottom