Contact us

Cefiya 112: Blaue Blume - Lost Sons of Boys

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 95: Float Fall - Someday

Quote for new page:
First and foremost thanks to everybody who voted for another great placement for Cefiya.. The fact that Glass Towers got to the final was great! (And I beat David ;))!

But as always a new edition is starting in a week or so and I have to find a song for NSC 95.. However finding great new songs these days seems surprisingly easy! - In NSC 95 we are going a little away from "Sex Drugs and Rock'n'Roll" to a more silent tune with a young up-and-comming Belgium duo named "Float Fall" - I will actually let themself describe them because they are spot on: "Minimally arranged dream pop and electronica with maximum effect. Float Fall in just a couple of words. A duo that succeeds in taming silence and building tension with what is only subtly suggested. Float Fall delivers the soundtrack for lonely walks through desolate streets and long car rides along apple orchards or snow landscapes with a polar fox popping up every once in a while. Modest. Two voices. Rozanne Descheemaeker’s voice sometimes reminds one of a young Feist, and quietly settles next to the hoarse vocals of Ruben Lefever."
The song I have decided to send to NSC 95 is their first official single "Someday". Which is a song that takes us into another world music-wise, by having a great silent melody with some great synth beats mixed in. Looking at the lyrics, you can hear a story being told by the duos great voices which blend well together and blends well with the music. But enough text.. It's time to hear the song, hope you will enjoy little pearl of a song like I do

Cefiya presents:
Float Fall - Someday

Lyrics:
Its cold outside its winter time
You always smile but now you cry, when hearts die
Its raging on this foul disease
I'm on my knees i cant believe
It's all I know did something wrong its human kind we never mind
Until its there and then we're scared it never ends

Someday you'll understand the reason why you just cant be my man
No matter what you try be extra mile
Someday you'll smile
No matter what you try the extra mile
Someday you'll smile

To all the good times we had
You know you made my laugh when I felt bad
It felt like coming home we're talking on the phone, I sure miss that
Its like a summer past you only want it to last
And now the leaves are falling on the, ground so you die
Deep in your heart you feel it burning you down until these scares are turned

Someday you'll smile
Someday you'll smile

(Music)

someday you'll smile
Someday you'll smile

You're still two wins behind, bro.

You don't need to remind me about that :p

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 96: Going to Bristol..

We are going to Bristol next edition... And that is all I am going to say for now.

MrJadeEwen

Confusing read this as you were travelling to bristol... which i was like ?!?!?!?!? :eek:

doctormalisimo

Hm....I cant think of any indie bands from Bristol.

Even this map seems to exclude it
uk-music.jpg

Jeffie

Trip to Bristol is cancelled! The band has already been in Calypso and been used up! Dat hoe :L

But lets make a city NF instead then... Where should Cefiya go? Copenhagen or Colorado?

anselm

Re: Cefiya - NSC 96: TRIP TO BRISTOL CANCELLED! Trip to Copenhagen or Colorado instead

Copenhagen of Peace

doctormalisimo

Re: Cefiya - NSC 96: TRIP TO BRISTOL CANCELLED! Trip to Copenhagen or Colorado instead

I used to think Denmark had two capitals - one called Cope and one called Hagen :oops:

No Name

København

Jeffie

I used to think Denmark had two capitals - one called Cope and one called Hagen :oops:

Lach :p - Shall I count that for a vote for Copenhagen? XD

@No Name - Got any idea what I am thinking for Copenhagen :p?

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 96: City NF: Cefiya is going either to Copenhagen or Colorado

NSC World Tour 2 (at Roskilde) is planned for this year, this is what I plan to go see live (not in order at all)

Disclosure, Efterklang, Highaskite, Jake Bugg, Marie Key, (maybe Kendrick Lemar), Lemâitre, The Lumineers, The National, Of Monsters and Men, Queens of the stone age, Sigur Rós, (maybe Urban Cone), Volbeat, When Saints Go Machine. Wintergaten, (maybe Ingrid feat. Lykke Li, Peter, Bjørn and John, Miike Snow, Coco, J. Åhlund and guests), (maybe Miguel), Quadron, Schultz & Forever, James Blake and MØ

I know some of these haven't participated in NSC but hey, check them out :p

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 96: Quadron - Hey Love - NSC World Tour 2 planned!

So it is Copenhagen we are going to? Superb!

Say hallo to Quadron, A little Danish duo consisting of singer Coco O and musician/producer Robin Hannibal from Copenhagen however they are now resided to L.A. to produce their music.

The duo calls their music for "electronic soul" (a term I would agree with). The duo released their first album back in 2009, which was a self-titled album which got a lot of praise and was called the "7th best pop album of 2010" by New York Magazine (Just above Kayne West album from the same year) - However the duo did not get much recognition back home (besides some of their songs was in a soundtrack of the Danish movie "Se Min Kjole")

But let us move forward to 2013, because they have released a new brilliant single called "Hey Love" - Which will be a part of a brand new album which comes out July 4th. A single that seems to have kick started their career in Denmark, by getting a lot of airplay and seems to get a growing following back home (while internationally it seems they are growing as well)

The single was this weeks "unavoidable" back in March (which is where I found them) and the song has been stuck in my head ever since. Few weeks later they got P3 Guld award for talent of the year! I only think this is the beginning for Quadron, as I see huge things to come for them. So I am happy to announce that "Hey Love" which is a fun, happy, little uptempo song while also being a cute and quite serious love song will represent Cefiya in Serenate & Clair.
And I hope thay you will enjoy this song as much as I do.

Cefiya's entry for NSC 96:
Quadron - Hey Love

Lyrics:

Hey love, what's going on in here?
You're ruthless like a stone
Hey love, why you don't seem to care?
It’s to you I belong
Trying my best not to make this an insult
But blaming you I despair
Hey love, what's going on in here?
You brutalize my soul

Promise the best is yet to come
Oh, please tell me the truth
When will the two of us be one?
So I can prove that I’m the one
I’ll prove that I’m the one
I’ll prove
So I can prove that I'm the one

Hey love, I've been a sad affair
And restless for your charm
Hey love, do you really think it's fair?
This search, it's been so long
Crying for reasons, and try to believe
That I'm too young to fall in love
But hey love, what's going on in here?
You brutalize my soul

I’ll prove

But if you really want my love
You got to show me
Only me waiting in the dark for you

I’ll prove

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 97: Typhoon - Dreams of Cannibalism - NSC World Tour 2 planned!

So the trip to Denmark failed, ahh well, thanks to all who voted for Quadron last edition :)

I have in this edition decided to take a trip to 'murica! More precisely to Portland, Oregon
Here we find "indie rock" band Typhoon, Whom I actually don't have much information about other than they are a 13 piece band which you can hear in their unique music and also experiment quite a bit in their music,
They have opened for NSC artists The Decemberists before and have once performed on Letterman.
The song I have choosen from Typhoon is what I would call a folkish indie rock song.. Might not sound experimental as I first described them as but still they have made their 13 piece band work brilliantly in this song called "Deams of Cannibalism".. Lyrically there is a great play with the words and the way certain people act and sees themselves as larger than life even though you can see right th - Overall this song is an eargasm for me and I will surely follow them around a bit and see what else they send out.. But now Cefiya proudly presents our NSC 97 entry!

::jef Typhoon - Deams of Cannibalism ::jef

Lyrics:
unhand me i am not a criminal
though i've played a guilty part
in the modern sense that one pretends
their life is original

i wrote a book and i will call it something cynical
the story's slow the hero does not change
(and if he can then he won't anyway)
instead his foes and lovers all become identical

i fled the country
i thought i'd leave this behind

but i built the same damn house
on every acre i could find

and i tried to fake my own death
just shake the devils from my mind

and i said
unhand me i am not a criminal
if i am i paid the man just let me go
soon enough you will be dancing at my funeral

Jeffie

Re: Cefiya - NSC 97: Typhoon - Dreams of Cannibalism - NSC World Tour 2 planned!

NSC 96 artist Quadron performed last night on Letterman! Cefiyan dictator Dolph can't wait to see them at Roskilde in a couple of weeks :)

Cefiya haven't btw. found a song yet... It remains unclear whether Cefiya will participate or not in Zombira :)

Jeffie

Dont you motherfuckin dare withdraw...

I won't withdraw :) - But a edition break for exam, Roskilde etc etc.. I will be back for 99 :p

Top Bottom