Contact us

Canada 🍁WV 184: Patrick Watson - Melody Noir

esc87fan

xCAi0i2.png

Team Canada Info
Current Juror: esc87fan (WV46-WV85, WV93-)
Best Finish: 1st place, WV 146, WV 167
Hostings: WV 61 Toronto, WV 137 Vancouver, WV 147 St. John's, WV 168 Winnipeg

hQl6LCv.png

Last edited:

esc87fan

There's a song from the 90s that I absolutely adore (it's in my music collection) and I hope you will too - I think I'm going to take a chance and send it to 140

esc87fan

WV 142 :ca::en:
Cirque du Soleil - Cerceaux

From the show "Alegria"
Vocalists: Francesca Gagnon (White Singer) and Eve Monpetit (Black Singer)

esc87fan

Eight years ago today on June 27, 2013, I joined the WV community. The reason I initially joined with Switzerland was to challenge myself, and through the 30 editions I spent there I discovered a lot of new music outside of some of the things I was already familiar with. I also got my first top 10, first top 5 and first win along the way

Japan was also a challenge, even though it was a short experiment. I am happy that I was able to get at least one song during my stay there into the final.

Canada has been an absolute joy. As a Canadian, it's been an honor to share some of my country's musical diversity through many of the songs I love. I was also introduced to some new sounds thanks to the friends I've made over the years

So I would like to thank you all for the incredible support you have given me over the last 8 years whether I've made a final or I've come last in a semi. You have all been fantastic and I hope to share more with you all over time, because music truly brings us all together!

:ca::ch::jp:

esc87fan

Hey guys!

This has been a rough few weeks for me. Subpar results recently, stepping down from the mod team, difficulty with entry ideas... I feel totally burned out. So I've made the decision to take a break next edition so I can recharge and re-focus

I'll see you guys in 144

esc87fan

As mentioned, recently I celebrated my 8th anniversary with the WV community. I'm not sure if I can find all the songs on Spotify, but I have made a YouTube playlist of all 30 songs I have presented when I was the juror for Switzerland. For those who have been part of the community as long as I have, you may remember them. For those who joined recently or after I left to pursue my first round as Canada, I hope you enjoy these songs!

Which ones are your favorites?

:ch:

Last edited:

esc87fan

Fresh off her successful audition on America's Got Talent, CBC/SRC can reveal that the artist chosen to fly the Canadian flag in WV 144 is... Gabriella Laberge!

Gabriella-Laberge.jpg

esc87fan

CBC/SRC has decided to go with another artist from Quebec for WV 145 after Gabriella. They have chosen...

jacynthe-chanteuse.jpg

Jacynthe!
PERSONAL NOTE: I saw her live in Toronto back in 2004, when she was the opening act for Canadian Idol season 1 winner Ryan Malcolm on his "Absolutely Perfect Tour". She was really good

Last edited:

esc87fan

A TEAM IN DESPERATION

Canada suffered one of its worst showings in recent memory: last place in the semifinal with 18 points and likely destined for last overall in the edition. With the streak of non-qualification now extended, Team Canada has sunk into somewhat of a funk.

CBC/SRC doesn't know what happened, and CTV is desperate for answers on how to rebound from all this in preparing for edition 146. So the question they ask to the WorldVision community is this:

How can Canada make a comeback?

Last edited:
Top Bottom