Contact us

Canada 🍁WV 183: Bryan Adams - Here I Am

esc87fan

xCAi0i2.png

Team Canada Info
Current Juror: esc87fan (WV46-WV85, WV93-)
Best Finish: 1st place, WV 146, WV 167
Hostings: WV 61 Toronto, WV 137 Vancouver, WV 147 St. John's, WV 168 Winnipeg

hQl6LCv.png

Last edited:

esc87fan

Thank you ::chug:us::kr: for your vote!

With about 1 day left till deadline, there's still a clear leader but 2 songs are closing in!

esc87fan

Thank you everyone who voted in our national final! The final scores are as follows:

1st place: 86 points
2nd place: 72 points (2x 12)
3rd place: 72 points (1x 12)
4th place: 66 points
5th place: 64 points

I know you might be excited to find out who the winner is, but you'll have to wait till the semifinals! ;)

Last edited:

esc87fan

WV 135 :ca::wale:

Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now

NATIONAL FINAL RESULTS
1ST PLACE: It's All Coming Back To Me Now - 86 points
2ND PLACE: Sundown - 72 points (2x12)
3RD PLACE: American Woman - 72 points (1x12)
4TH PLACE: Love Is Fire - 66 points
5TH PLACE: Courage - 64 points​

Aditya

Excellent winner xheart but Courage shouldn’t have come last. :(

esc87fan

Another silver medal, but I'm absolutely thrilled - and as the REJU qualifier too! I have to say a huge thank you to :west::bg::cy::susa::sc::wale:::cors:ir: for helping me reach the final! In such a pop-driven semi this was a huge boost of confidence

A second consecutive top 5 coming back from 3 straight DNQs is really fabulous too

In doing so, I set a couple of new personal records:
  • Highest placing for a Celine Dion song (former best: 4th place in WV47)
  • Highest placing as REJU qualifier (former best: 9th place in WV19)
  • Most 12s ever received: 7 (I believe my former best was 6 with one of my Loreena entries)
I don't know how this can be topped, but I do hope that Canada will achieve its first win ever in WV someday soon. I will keep trying until that dream comes true!

esc87fan

As mentioned in the main final thread, I am overjoyed at Canada's recent streak of success coming back after 3 dismal DNQs - today a bronze medal to go with our recent silvers. Just one missing to complete the set, I am hopeful the right song can be found to make that dream a reality.

Thank you all again for the love and support!

esc87fan

I'm really excited to welcome you back to Canada. If you're newer to WV following our last hosting in Toronto back in edition 61, please enjoy your stay!

Since I joined WV back in 2013, I had never been able to get a French-language song into the final. With a PQ as the host country, that goal is about to become reality - SRC (the French-language arm of the CBC) has decided on a Francophone artist to represent us in 137

esc87fan

It was an honor hosting WV 137, and I am very satisfied with where I finished. A fourth straight top-10 placement is an incredible feat, and somehow I think Canada is now on the right track! Thank you all for your amazing support

So now I can relax and leave hosting of the next edition in capable hands. But what to send next? We're figuring it out

esc87fan

5th straight final appearance for Canada, to be honest I didn't think I'd qualify! Thanks for all your votes, and a special thanks to @Charly for suggesting the artist!

esc87fan

We're off to Hawaii to celebrate WV 139, and Cheri the Cub from Animal Crossing is our villager mascot! Born on Shamrock Day, she's sure to give us some good luck as we keep our streak going.

CTV has decided to go into the vault and submit one of our country's best-known classic hits. It's something I've wanted to send for a while and has shown up in a previous national final

NH-Cheri-poster.png

Last edited:

esc87fan

After 5 finals in a row, the streak comes to an end. But I'm quite happy about what I've achieved: 4 top 10s and a top 20, plus I got to host for the first time in over 70 editions

So now we start fresh. CTV and CBC are searching across the country for our next entry

Top Bottom