Contact us

Canada šŸWV 183: Bryan Adams - Here I Am

esc87fan

xCAi0i2.png

Team Canada Info
Current Juror: esc87fan (WV46-WV85, WV93-)
Best Finish: 1st place, WV 146, WV 167
Hostings: WV 61 Toronto, WV 137 Vancouver, WV 147 St. John's, WV 168 Winnipeg

hQl6LCv.png

Last edited:

esc87fan

I've decided on a national final to determine our entry to WV 120 in Norway, and the Canadian Broadcast Consortium has picked Scottish-Canadian singer and songwriter Gowan to be our representative! He was at his peak in the 80s and early 90s, and is the current lead singer of the group Styx.

Below are 5 of his best-known Canadian hits, some you might have seen from past national finals. Have a listen to each one, and help pick which one you want to see next edition!

Song 1: Strange Animal

Song 2: Moonlight Desires

Song 3: Cosmetics

Song 4: A Criminal Mind

Song 5: All The Lovers in the World

Scoring:

:12::10::8::6::4:

Send your votes via conversation to me

DDL: January 21 @ 23:59 CET

Who's voted?
:de::kr::es::be:
+ Quebec

Last edited:

esc87fan

After 4 voters, here are the scores so far...

1st: 40 points
2nd: Tie between 2 songs, 36 points
4th: 28 points
5th: 20 points

There's about 24 hours left till deadline, so if you'd like to vote please do so!

esc87fan

Deadline has since passed, thank you to all those who voted! There was a clear winner

The final scores are as follows:

1st: 52 points
2nd: 42 points
3rd: 40 points
4th: 36 points
5th: 30 points

esc87fan

WV 120 :ca::svea:
Gowan: All The Lovers in the World

Results of CanadaSong 120
1st place: All The Lovers in the World (52 points)
2nd place: Moonlight Desires (42 points)
3rd place: A Criminal Mind (40 points)
4th place: Cosmetics (36 points)
5th place: Strange Animal (30 points)

esc87fan

I have decided to take a break for WV 123. It's not just because of three consecutive frustrating DNQs, but because I feel it's necessary. Coupled with not being able to go anywhere (except to the corner store to get my mom's lottery tickets) or do anything for the past 3 weeks since my workplace shut down, I'm just tired.

Hopefully this gives me a chance to recharge my batteries and think of more songs from Canada that I can share with you. It's worked before, it just might work again.

See you in WV 124

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
We'll miss you @esc87fan but sometimes you've just gotta (as you put it) recharge your batteries, and it usually works. I think I get how you're feeling as well. This lockdown has got me weirdly exhausted too and we're not even doing anything. It's strange. Tired from doing nothing at all basically. The mental aspect of the horrible situation we're going through right now probably adds to it.

Anyway, enjoy your break! And I'm sorry Joni didn't work out for you again. She's one of Canada's finest. Even if she's been unlucky here, plenty of your artists have been big successes like your lucky charm, Loreena McKennitt xheat

Last edited:

esc87fan

Time to play a little guessing game! I will give you 3 clues as to what Team Canada has in store for its return in WV 124. If you think you know what it is, just like the post.

All right, here we go... put your thinking caps on!

Clue #1: The artist is someone I've sent before
Clue #2: The song title is the name of a city
Clue #3: It was nominated for an Academy Award

esc87fan

CBC insisted that this artist flies the Canadian flag again at WV 125. Maybe another song from her is just what we need to turn our bad luck around!

nelly-furtado-wallpaper-20.jpg

theditz83

Veteran
Omg omg omg, I seriously hope you are sending my suggestion cos you would be guaranteed a bounty of points (I know it didn't work out with Alannah but Nelly is giving me good vibes with those smoky eyes xheat )

Top Bottom