Contact us

CAN 2021

Looren

Veteran
We made it to the round of sixteen ! Congrats to the Comoros, they had a good defence and the goalie was AMAZING

Looren

Veteran
Sierra Leone's team was wonderful xheart

I feel bad for the Ivorian goalie, hope he'll be alright

Looren

Veteran
So, here is the final table :

unknown.png

Looren

Veteran
Gonna try some preditctions :

Burkina Faso - Gabon : Two very strong teams, hard to decide but I would say Burkina Faso wins 2 - 1

Nigeria - Tunisia : Both are favorites, Nigeria is powerful since beginning of the CAN so 2 - 0 Nigeria

Senegal - Cape Verde : Senegal played poorly so far while Cape Verde was really strong.. I think Senegal will upper their game and win 1 - 0

Mali - Equatorial Guinea : This one is VERY HARD ! I think both are strong but Mali might win after overtime, 1 - 0

Guinea - Gambia : Two strong defense teams but only average attack... Penalty shootouts

Cameroon - Comoros : Comoros were amazing but I think Cameroun will crush them

Ivory Coast - Egypt : Well both are very strong but Ivory Coast looked powerful, 2 - 0 for them

Morocco - Malawi : Malawi is playing with their soul and have a strong defense, I think we can beat them though ! 1 - 0 Morocco

Looren

Veteran
Burkina Faso is in, congrats to them and thanks to both teams for this amazing game xheart

Looren

Veteran
Nigeria got eliminated by Tunisia yesterday after a pretty boring game honestly

ShoeFlo

Tonight the Comores national team will probably start with a outfield player as goalkeeper. Their first goal keeper got injured against Ghana, the second and third keeper, Ousseini and Ahamada, were tested COVID positive. This morning Ahamada made another test which turned out negative so it seemed like he could play tonight but then the CAF said that despite the negative test he is still forbidden to play for five more days. And this is weird because the regulations were different up to this day. Usually, a player who was tested positive followed by a negative result one day later would be allowed to play again immediately...

ShoeFlo

Kudos for Comoros xpray fantastic performance

The free-kick goal was one of the most beautiful goals in this tournament and tbh they already had fantastic opportunities to score before... 2:2 would have been a possible outcome and then we would have gone to extra-time

I appreciate how the Comoros always tried to keep control and composure even when the Cameroon team pressed. They've always gone for the playful and technically demanding solutions to escape from the opponents pressure instead of blindly shooting the ball out of the danger zone as underdogs often use to do. You could always see they've got an idea of how to play football and how to create trouble for the Cameroon team. When they made it to the Cameroon half their attacks were straight forward... they always looked for the direct path to the goal and I liked the attitude. The Cameroon defenders sometimes looked rather surprised of the precision of the long passes of the Comoros team, especially in the second half. However, physically the Comoros could not compete with Cameroon in many situations, that's I guess the biggest difference between those teams. And ofc Cameroon played with 11 vs 10 almost the whole game. But if I didn't know that, I wouldn't have noticed

Comoros "keeper" was also fabulous... had some nice saves in the second half. Even though his saves looked weird sometimes, he managed to keep the goal cleaner than expected. I thought the Cameroon team would try to shoot from a long distance more often, as it appears a promising strategy to overwhelm a 1,72m player who is having his first match as goalkeeper. Good for him, they did not play this way. I am relieved to see he didn't make a fool of himself... actually, he didn't do anything bad at all. Maybe the 1:0 could have been saved by most keepers as it was a slow shot, but then again it was well placed in the left corner... anyway, I hope for him, this adventure as a goalkeeper remains an one-off :D

Top Bottom