Current Entry
Coming Soon

All Entries

Last edited by a moderator:

Ringdalen

Re: California

National Final
My favorite (of my own) NF ever!

If it was up to me would I stay in California for years here in WV, but I only have 3 editions. So I want to make the most of it and host some very meaningfull NF's in the process. Here are there a mix of different sounds, but mostly on the heavier side.
I will be hosting a LL at some point, but gotta make sure to not be in the way of anyone else. I may not be able to vote in a lot of NF's myself, but will do my best to vote in as many as I can.

With that being said, here are the songs in the NF :D

1. Five Finger Death Punch - Gone Away

2. Thirty Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water

3. Zedd, Maren Morris, Grey - The Middle

4. Black Veil Brides

5. Linkin Park - Castle of Glass

6. Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage

How to vote:
1st Place - 10 Points
2nd - 7 Points
3rd - 5 Points
4th - 1 Point
5th - -1 Point
6th - -3 Points

Deadline: February 19th - 13:00 CET

It truly would mean so much to get some voters in the NF. Some of these songs have meant a lot to me for years, and I will go more into detail about that soon.

xheart
xhug

Ringdalen

Re: California Dreaming: National Final for WV 90

Live Listen at 22CET Tonight
xwoo

Plug.dj/EveryoneIsWelcome

Ringdalen

Re: California Dreaming: National Final for WV 91

Coming to you live from the Castle of Glass, it´s the latest National Final from California. xheya
The rules are the same as last time. :D

1st Place - 10 Points
2nd - 7 Points
3rd - 5 Points
4th - 1 Point
5th - -1 Point
6th - -3 Points

The Live Listen will be this Monday at 19:00 CET xwoo
Plug.DJ/EveryoneIsWelcome

Song 1. Elena Siegman- Abracadavre

Song 2. Bart Baker - Work From Home (Parody)

Song 3. Jay Rock & Kendrick Lamar - Hood Gone Love

Song 4. Michael Jackson - Black Or White

Song 5. Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - World On Fire

Song 6. Papa Roach - ...To Be Loved

Ringdalen

Re: WV 92 - "Panic! At The Disco" in California

California is back in the game and it´s time to bring back Panic! At The DIsco to the contest xbow

I love their music so much and have gotten more and more addicted over the years. I have started doing NF in my head with crazy live shows
and they have been slaying it in the selections I have made on Spotify xheat
They recently came out with two fantastic releases, but I decided to go with a more old-school track from them this edition because I love their sound on this one way too much. Hope you will enjoy LA Devotee. xlove

Also, Brendon Urie is such a wonderful person xheart

Ringdalen

Re: WV 92 - "Panic! At The Disco" in California

DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2018!​

The Metal Festival that brings you everything from Medieval Battles to WWE NXT Pro Wrestling To Amusement Parks to Stand-up Shows to All kind of epic music on 4 full-packed music stages! Ozzy Osbourne, Babymetal, Shinedown, Volbeat, Rise Against, You Me At Six and many many more will be there performing.
I have dreamed about going to Download for many years, and now it´s coming true xheart xwoo

My best friend and I are going there for the first time this year and we can´t wait, but we have to since it´s around 50 days left. To cut the waiting time have I arranged a National Final here. Cause what is California bringing to the United Kingdom in June?

Here are 5 acts I am very very hyped to see at Download Festival, most of them have been on my Must-See list for years. I don´t want to make the National Final too long, but I want to include a bonus band. That´s Megadeth, they are included because I am seeing them for a second time when they play in Norway with Judas Priest the day before I travel to Download. Let´s open with them. :D

1. Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde

This is my favorite Megadeth song, but it wasent my favorite prior to seeing them the first time. I liked this song and knew it well, but there was something about the performance that instantly made this my favorite. It´s one of the most real songs I have heard and it´s very powerful, I enjoy listening to live versions more than the studio version (even if that one is excellent).

2. Body Count - This Is Why We Ride

Together with "The Faim" (who now follows me on Twitter) are these my favorite Download-discovery. This is painful, real, rough and it does not hide it´s stands on things. It´s explaining a reality that so many never think about is out there, that we don´t want to face. This band can go from singing about forgetting your password on Gmail in a funny manner to a emotional song about the real problems of the world.

3. Avenged Sevenfold - So Far Away

We are keeping up with another very real team here, this is a tribute to Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan who sadly passed away in 2009. He is still greatly missed by all the A7x-fans, and the band is carrying on the legacy of Jimmy. The song speaks for itself and it´s maybe their best song ever (in my opinion). I have gotten to see them live many times, and this song is always so very special and uniting.

4. Marilyn Manson - mOBSCENE

Marilyn Manson is a artist I grew up listening to, he was a big part of WWE and their music style back in the day. So I started to rock out to his music before I even knew how to speak english. Not too big of a fan of his recent stuff, but it´s hard to not enjoy his classics.

5. Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

This song brings me back to when the coolest thing in the world was sending over songs on each others phones with Bluetooth. This was a go-to song for any bike ride or trampoline hang-out. Also one of my favorite games as a kid was Burnout: Paradise, a lot because of the soundtrack. Girlfriend (Avril Lavigne), Fake it (Seether) and Paradise City (Gun N´ Roses) became my instant favorites.

6. Black Veil Brides - Wake Up

They are back! Black Veil Brides wants to try to represent California again, here they are with one of their latest tracks from their newest album. One of my favorite albums so far this year actually, so I hope they play a lot from it at Download.

Hope the National Final is enjoyable.
I will host a LL at some point, but I will get back to a point of time.

How to vote:
1. 10 Points
2. 7 Points
3. 4 Points
4. 2 Points
5. 0 Points
6. -1 Point

xhug

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: WV 93 - DOWNLOAD 2018 NF - California

*walks into topic*

*sees particular song in NF*

giphy.gif

O M much G. Expect my votes soonish.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Thanks a lot, and also... OMG IS THAT ANDREW W.K? Cause he will also be at Download xheat xfaint

Yes it isxheat I've been listening to him a little bit recently. I love his kind of crazy.

I checked the lineup and DragonForce is there as well, bless themxheart It seems like a festival with a lot of hairxhbang

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

:en: has voted in this fantastic NF! xcheer I always love your NFs Ole - you do such a good job on their themes and telling us about the artists and songs. Your passion for your entries shines like a beacon and it's wonderful to behold xlove Best of my luck my friend xrunhug

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: California | WV111

FrLYlEn.png

thats a mood right there

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: California | WV112 HINT

Some indian thing at the side. Priyanka Chopra? xheat

Ausesken

Re: California | WV112 HINT

With my musical ignorance, trying to guess what you mean with your hints reminds me the good old days when I tried to understand Aztec sculpture XDD

Escultura-azteca-1.jpg

Top Bottom